Social - Mushroom Trips: Solo, a Few Friends, or a Large Group?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Nargyle, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Solo (alone)

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  2. Few friends (maximum 3)

28 vote(s)
    65.1%
  3. Big group (4 or more)

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  1. Nargyle

Nargyle Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from peru
    How does SWIM prefer to trip on shrooms? Solo (alone), with few friends (maximum 3) or in a big group (4 or more people)?

And also, why does SWIM like to trip in that way?

2. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Re: Shrooms: solo, few friends a big group?

SWIM voted for alone. When you are alone you don't have to worry about anyone else. Its just you and the universe. Ditch your ego and have a good trip. SWIM loves tripping alone because that way, he doesn't have to put up with anyone else and he can be free to do as he pleases. Tripping with friends is fun but only for certain occasions. my most introspective trips have been the ones spend by himself. No distractions that way.

3. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

SWIM voted for a few friends, but by that he really meant one other trusted friend to act as a companion on a wonderful voyage. I like to have someone he can share the experience with, and often finds that trips are synchronised. It can be an excellent way of bonding with someone. I used to trip with one friend in particular quite a lot, when shrooms were legal in the UK and easily obtainable. His friendship with this particular person has been greatly strengthened as a result and it has added new depth to the friendship. SWIM sees and has experienced the introspective benefits to be had from tripping alone, but prefers the companionship.

4. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

Swia loves doing psilocybin or mushrooms alone. however with other psychedelics she prefer sitters.

5. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o

swim loves the company, but not too much people, that how I did the first time and a had the time of my life!!!!

6. AntiAimer

AntiAimer Newbie

Reputation Points:

Agreed. There's a time and place for friends or anyone for that matter. If there not tripping, Smurf does NOT want them there. Everyone around him must be on the same level or problems will arise.

Funner experiences with friends, better trips without.

7. _caesar_

_caesar_ Silver Member

Reputation Points:

I feel that a few is better in this case.

As with day to day experiences (work, social interactions etc. ) the fewer people that are involved the easier it is to agree on an outcome or how to go about a task.

While on mushrooms this aspect of human interaction carries over, it is easier to decide on what to do or discuss. If a debate is involved the outcome comes easier and is confusing then it would be if a large number of individuals are involved.

It just results in a nice sense of community as it were and most likely a more enjoyable experience for all involved.

8. yj965

yj965 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

SWIM voted for a few friends but he enjoys each one of these. If I am with 4 or more people tripping it most likely in a field with the ability to walk off by yourself if needs be.

SWIM also loves to trip alone. Wonderful things seem to happen with no outside influences. Hes not saying wonderful things doesn't happen with friends around, just stuff that wouldn't normally happen with other people.

9. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I went with 2-3, as he prefers to have a friend or two around for a shroom experience, especially ones outdoors. It makes it much more fun. Depends how many shrooms are to be taken though. With doses about 4-5 grams he would probably rather go it alone with a sitter.

With 1-2 grams a group of people can be fun, as you have lots of interaction (still possible at that level) but can also remove yourself from the party and theres enough people that you aren't bothered for doing this as well.

If you aren't very experienced, a smalll group is best.

10. x cynic x

x cynic x Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Swim enjoys relating and interacting with others in the same state of mind. Swim likes to explain his thoughts and observations during trips as well as listen to others. He believes that trips are a bit more entertaining and amusing with the company of a few close friends.

11. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

SWIM enjoys a good group trip. Four or more can be great fun, especially if one is outdoors or if everyone's sitting around building spliffs gradually getting tripped out and talking funny shit, laughing your ass off. If everyone's at the same stage it works out fine and the possibility of a bad trip seems less likely.

12. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

SWIM can understand how that could be great fun. The most people I have ever tripped with is three, and it was awesome, but on a couple of occasions some of the group did irritate him slightly, because one member of the group was overbearing and unpredictable. For SWIM he thinks they'd have to be a group SWIM knew, trusted and got on with really well. He isn't sure but SWIM suspects that it might get a bit sketchy if it was a big group of people I didn't know very well.

13. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:

Solo, though the trees and the furry animals in the forest usually are a must for the trip. Beer and Shrooms/LSD are nice at the pub though, but I imagine most people would disagree. Think about it though: Shrooms, Beer and Karaoke!

14. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

By all means. Anytime SWIM's tripped in a big group he's known everyone quite well so it can be a pretty hilarious scenario. Wandering around a house, people doing weird and different things in every room, it can be a great spectacle.

15. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

swia finds usually with people in there own trip space distract them from there own psilo tutoring and never receive the love it can teach and nurture anyone can be social and talkative on a number of other drugs.. self exploration.. or self development with a proper mindset of course.

16. AntiAimer

AntiAimer Newbie

Reputation Points:

Awwwww yes, Smurf has been on those trips quite a few times.(More so with MDMA) It is fun, every room brings something new to the trip. One room has video games, another room has peeps sitten on the bed,floor, chairs, listening to music trippen out on visuals, another room people indulgeing in other drugs(Marijuana, NO2), another room with a movie playing, peeps in the kitchen eating, others peeps just chatten haven a good time... gotta love it. Somewhat a party, but feels more like a kick back. Also there seems to be always someone in the backyard usually smokeing cigs playing with the dog(s). That's the best...good times, good times.:crazy

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  17. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda

I think its just want makes a person more happy as to what they will pick... I get depressed and loney when hes alone so he likes to always be people moving around and having a good time (not to much paranioia) and have the night last untill hes down.

18. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o

I was with three of his friends,two were experienced trippers and the other guy had never tripped before.We were playing pool and the guy that had never tripped before was attempting to use a drum stick to play.He kept spinning it around and saying we owed him five points for some reason.

Later we were outside and another of our friends pulled up and we had talked with him on the phone and we decided to play a little game with our newly tripping friend.The car pulled up and the guy in it made a siren noise and was like "POLICE HANDS IN THE AIR"the new tripper immediately ran into the garage and hid.My friend yelled to him"COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP WE KILLED YOUR FRIENDS AND WE WILL SHOOT!"The shroom novice ran out and My friends and I were laying on the ground pretending to be injured the guy that just pulled up shining a flashlight at the new tripper.New tripper starts yelling"FOR GODS SAKE HELP THEM PLEASE THEY ARE HURT CALL AN AMBULANCE!"Anyways this was answered with"YOU DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHTS YOU DRUGGIE BASTARD HANDS IN THE AIR OR YOU'LL END UP LIK THEM!"So novice tripper complies and puts his hands up.Some more fun was had when our newly arrived,mock police officer friend tried to get him to walk a line like a sobriety test.So terrified,novice tripper makes a break for it,runs down the street,runs into a parked car,falls,keeps running.We didn't see him again until morning when he was found him hiding in a house being newly constructed up the street.

Oh such a hilarious night but in retrospect My friends and I feel bad for potentially traumatizing this poor boy on his first introduction to shrooms.

19. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Yeah.... that was pretty dick of you guys.

I'm guessing the poor guy absolutely hates psychedelis now?

20. Nargyle

Nargyle Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from peru

I think we're all forgetting our english, because when you say "we" or "you" you actually mean they, since nobody in this forums uses drugs