Combinations - Mushrooms and Dextromethorphan (DXM)

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by tomuel, Jul 30, 2006.

1. tomuel

tomuel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    How does combining dxm with mushrooms affect the trip?

2. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    It is a very intense experience, as there is definite synergy between DXM and psilocybin. Definitely not for everyone. Now, I used to be quite fond of this combo back in the day...

I would take less of both substances than normal... when combo'ing, usually around 3.5g mushroom and 300mg DXM or so. Usually took them together. The mushrooms would hit first, and the DXM later. At first, it kind of feels like a typical mushroom trip, only a bit stronger. Once the DXM kicks in, there is a lot of trouble walking and intense sedation. I just laid back and relaxed. Interesting thing is that (for me anyways), sight wasn't screwed up like it normally is on DXM (double vision, kind of hurts to keep eyes open, that kind of thing). I ended up with some interesting mushroom-like visuals.

Unfortunately, the negative side effects are pretty bad. I got really sick almost every time when doing this, and it was extremely unpleasant. It really sucked. I really wouldn't recommend this combination to anyone who wasn't very experienced with both substances.

Basically to sum it up briefly, I have found (may be different for others) that DXM+mushrooms leads to the dissociation of DXM, but the visuals of mushrooms with a very nice body high and extreme mind exploration...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  3. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    I did the same combination with 200 mg dxm and 2 g mushrooms. there was an intense euphoria, kind of like the individual joys of mushrooms and dxm had combined. I had a bit of trouble (so he thought) responding to questions and statements from others, but onlookers reported nothing substantially different. his thought processes were more like the analytical ones of a second plateau trip of dxm than the kind introspection of mushrooms, although during conversations swim found that the mushrooms lent a much more empathetic nature to the discourse than I had seen on dxm trips. coordonationwise, I had the robowalk, and he had a bit of nausea from combining the two. a few hours into the trip he was able to hold food down, although he felt so overstimulated that he didnt want to eat much. I didnt get visuals but did get the dxm double vision. I would say that if one is well-experienced with both substances on their own, and they wanted to start with slightly lower doses of each substance, then it can be a nice combo. just watch out for the body load.