Side effects - Mushrooms and Diarrhea

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Mace2124, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Mace2124

Mace2124 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Whats up guys, this is my first post in the mushrooms forums because I have only done them recently. Anyways, I've tried them twice now, and both times the following day I had some horrible stomach pains and about 2 hours worth the rank diarrhea. Now what I'm wondering is do you think its possible I will build a tolerance? I'm asking because the first 4 or 5 times I had the breakfast burrito at Oscars(our local mexican food store) I had some rank diarrhea. But after those first few times, its like I became immune. So do you think this applies to mushrooms aswell?

2. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    It depends on the mushrooms you get and how ur body reacts to the poisoning, cuz shrooms are basically food poisoning. Personalyl ive never had any adverse side effects from shrooms at all, but everyones body is different, what have u eaten within 24 hours of the shrooms may make a difference too, basically trial and error, next time id jsut plan to have some antacids or pepto with me just in case.

3. Mace2124

Mace2124 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yea, next time I'll bring some pepto. I know its my body because I did the same ones, both times with 2 people. We had been hanging out all day and all ate the same food, or close to it. And after we did them, none of them had a problem, only me. Another point though, I have a terrible stomach. Had problems with it for the past 7 years. So i'll see what pepto can do, maybe help me digest them.

4. joechip666

joechip666 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I wouldn't consider them food poisoning. Food poisoning is usually the result of some pathogen on/in the food consumed. If the mushrooms are properly preserved and stored, they shouldn't have any pathogens. Mushrooms just don't agree with some people's stomachs. I used to vomit when he started consuming them; later he stopped vomiting. His body became more tolerant.

5. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It is a myth that mushrooms poison you. Cubensis mushrooms that contain tryptamines which is not poison at all, but rather is a phsychodelic. Does not poison you at all. The misconception is caused probably from amanita mascaria mushrooms that do contain toxnis ... but those aren't the kind of mushrooms most people use when the do 'shrooms' since they are not enjoyable to most.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
  6. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    hmm ok, thanks for the correction! ive always heard that they were food poisoning, never really thought about it though, you are right.

7. googlebuster

googlebuster Guest

Reputation Points:
    Feeling sick the day after?

If several people were to obtain some shrooms in chocolate from the same person at the same time, and around 24 hours after taking them one of the persons was to start feeling nauseous, have diarrhea, and vomit while the other people who took the mushrooms felt fine, would that be cause for alarm? Is that a typical side effect?

8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Re: Feeling sick the day after?

Perhaps the mushrooms were a little off and they caused some minor food poisoning. Drink plenty of water and get your sugar and salt levels back up and you should be fine within a day or so. Even with fresh mushrooms, the stomach can feel a little bit bloated or uncomfortable the next day. This isn't always the case, many factors are involved.

9. Pretty_Diamonds

Pretty_Diamonds Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Feeling sick the day after?

Maybe there was mold on some of the shrooms?

10. aerfeis

aerfeis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    Hello,

A friend is telling me that 3 of hes friends ate magic mushrooms this Monday. After around 24 hours of consumption they all begin having diarrhea. It's Friday now and after 3 days of diarrhea I am getting a little bit worried. They have no other symptoms apart from diarrhea, no vomiting or anything else at all. They have only shown lost of appetite.

I am not sure what is going on and if they should go see a doctor about it.

Thanks for your help.

11. Zentaurus41

Zentaurus41 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from guatemala
    Re: Diarrhea from magic mushrooms HELP!

Did they trip of the mushrooms or was there no effects ?
    Also do you have any pics or descriptions of the mushrooms ?

I would suggest just to be safe would pay a visit to A+E and simply tell them your conditions and worries.
    They may just do a blood test, but the longer you leave things the more damage toxic mushrooms can do.

Its probably nothing and there not even toxic but id rather be safe than dead.
    Because messing around with wild mushrooms can be very dangerous if you don't know what your doing.
    If your unsure on the mushrooms you should always chuck em and never risk injestion.

Here is a wikipedia link on mushroom poisioning , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushroom_poisoning#Toxins_and_their_symptoms

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  12. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

If it's simple food poisoning, keep drinking fluids and replace all salts and sugars in the body that are lost during diarrhea. This could be a mild case of food poisoning that should pass soon enough but take Evil_GIR's advice if symptoms persist. Food poisoning shouldn't last any longer than three days usually.

13. aerfeis

aerfeis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o

Somebody that have try them before assure them that those were the right kind of shrooms. He also told them that the quantity was very small and they would be lucky if they trip. The effects were very mild only lots of laughing and relaxation for a while.

The shrooms were fresh and some of them had been picked around 4 days before and others 1 day before. They may have begin getting a little bit rotten so this could be the reason why they have diarrhea. The shrooms were picked straight from cow dung so another question could be if dangerous mushrooms grow on cow dung.

14. 3rd_high

3rd_high Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Well I ate a load of lookalikes and didnt get any bad effects.

2 weeks later I ate a load of 100% confirmed lib caps and got the runs for most of the following week.

15. aerfeis

aerfeis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o

Thanks for your answers. I am not so worried now, I tried to find some info on Google and it looks like a mild case of food poisoning. I think they should wait a few days and if diarrhea persist I guess they should see a doctor next week.

Thanks!