Health - Mushrooms and Flashbacks

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by billyloner, Jul 25, 2005.

1. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    a friend of mine is interested in trying mushrooms, however he is a bit worried about possible flashbacks. and i was just wondering if anybody has any experiences of flashbacks, could describe them to me, and maybe think of a way i could put his mind at rest?

2. cactus

cactus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    In my 12 years with shrooms ive never encountered anyone whos had one. Personally i wouldnt mind having a flashback of some of the trips ive had.

http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/mushrooms/faq.htm#11

What are 'flashbacks'?
    Flashbacks are the involuntary reliving of an LSD trip or state of mind days, week, or even months after an experience. Often used by anti-drugs organisations to spread fear, there is much debate as to whether flashbacks actually exist. Few users report them and no conclusive studies have been done.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2009
  3. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    I suppose you could get flashbacks from shrooms, but it is really not
    likely... flashbacks are a lot more common with acid and some
    RC's. I really, really doubt your friend would get them from
    using mushrooms once. Couldn't really tell you much more, as I've
    never experienced one myself.

4. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I've never even heard of a flashback from mushrooms. Most people confuse HPPD with flashbacks which is a shame. The closest thing I ever had to what could be remotely described as a flashback was an experience I had the day after doing acid. I was in a normally lit room but for some reason the lights were stinging my eyes and I could see really bright red colours. I had to switch off the light for a few seconds to get my eyes sorted. Very weird but it may not have necessarily been even the acid's result.

5. pjbth

pjbth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I've had some really vivid memories of shroom trips i've had. But i
    wouldn't call them anything close to a flashback. Tell your friend not
    to worry and have a good time[​IMG]

6. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    will do [​IMG]hes definately curious, but unlike me hes never really been introduced to drugs yet. still believes all the propaganda that is spouted by the powers that be. which is understandable really.

7. seriousmoose

seriousmoose Newbie

Reputation Points:
    HPPD is way more common then flashbacks

8. truestbet

truestbet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I never have had any flashbacks after 5 years and thousands of shrooms, but I can't discount that it could in fact happen to someone out there. Shrooms feel too natural and theeffects (and chemicals involved) aren't as dramatic as say LSD to have the common flashbacks people refer to caused to psycadelics. I have only had HPPD so i do not know. Sometimes the HPPD felt like a flashback, but how do you know if you are getting real authentic flashbacks?

9. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    yeah ive had hppd (i think!) every now and then, but my state of mind never alters, and thats kinda what i figured must happen in a flashback. i dunno though.

10. Softrat

Softrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Flash backs are a type of placebo effect. Don't belive in them and you will never get them. If you are having them, then stop beliveing in them and ignore them. You will be surprised just how fast you stop having these "flashbacks".

Basicly after using psychedellicsa person can, if they want to, alter ther state of conscoiusness very slightly and make themselves sort trip just a little. This process can be started and stoped at will. However some people, usually people of low IQ, get themselves all hyped up about "what if I have a flash back!" and end up doing this without relizing that the altered state of consciouness is under their control and they are making it happen.