Combinations - Mushrooms and SNRI's

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by addicted2hc, May 3, 2006.

1. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well I have finally come across someone mushrooms, which hes been in a unending quest to find for the past year. Now I am taking Effexor... unfortunately.

Is this going to be a problem? Is it even worth it? I was going to pick up more than enough for one person, so quantity wouldnt be a problem.

HELP!

2. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Are you taking effexor because of depression? Rule number one with psychadelics, DONT take them if you are depressed. Rule number two, do not talk about psychadelics (maybe some of yall got that pun :)). I do not know your current living situation but even a small incident on your mind can be projected into a very big ordeal while tripping your testicles off.

Depression during a trip can and will cause serious problems. The chances of a bad trip will increase significantly if you dont have the proper mind state. I know little about effexor but is under the impression that it is used for depression. If this is the case, you might want to set the trip back to a time when you are in the right mind frame.

check out this analogy
    Taking a trip is like driving a car. If all conditions are met such as tire pressure, lubrication, engine spark....the trip will be fine. You will get to your vacation destination as planned ready to have a good time. However, tripping in the wrong state of mind is like driving a car with mechanical problems. You MIGHT be able to reach your destination, but once you get there ten days late because of an engine malfunction you might wish you had never taken the trip.

Thats the best info SWIM can give you. Judging by the title it seems like you might be in a bind so this is definitely not the time to trip. Get outa the hole you are in and then consider taking a trip. SWIM can maybe buy the shrooms and store then with some dessicant to keep them dry. They shouldnt degrade too fast so as long as you are not in this bind for too long it should be all gravy. peace dude

3. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    I am inclined to agree with raven on this... best to get any personal issues
    straightened out before taking psychedelics of any kind. Why not just pick
    some up and pack 'em away for better days.

But to answer your question, while Effexor is not exactly an SSRI (I believe
    it's an SNRI) it will still have similar effects upon psilocybin - in general,
    the experience will be greatly reduced.

4. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well I went along and tripped anyways. Nothing bad happened, it was fine. I ate a little less than an 8th. I saw no visuals really at all.. Just had a rockin body buzz and the giggles.

SWIM and a couple of bodies walked all over the city, going through trails laughing away. It lasted about 4-5 hours. Overall a fun experience, but next time I want to eat enough to get visuals.

How much does it take to get visuals off of shrooms?

5. M3th

M3th Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Umm.. If you read what they said.

2 grams would give you OK visuals. You took enough to get good/decent visuals. But if you read what they said up there. You would know that while your taking your medication, it would REDUCE THE EFFECTS GREATLY!!!!

So therefore you just ate an 8th of shrooms just to get high and giggle.

6. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It is, indeed, most likely the effexor which is causing less pronounced affects. During swim's first mushroom experience she ate an 8th and smoked a lot of dank and ended up completely out of her mind tripping...full-blown visuals and the confusion was intense and not enjoyable until she had taken a benzo to calm down a bit. The eighth should've been enough for at least some visuals.