Effects - Mushrooms and Synesthesia

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by LucidDeathTrip, Oct 4, 2006.

1. LucidDeathTrip

LucidDeathTrip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    As pieces of a past mushroom trip keep plopping into SWIM's head, he can't help but remember being able to "taste" everything around him. It wasn't just the myriad of colors engulfing his room, he felt like he could taste and was eating everything in his room including his couch, television signals (feeling electricity pulsing out and through his veins), and even himself. There was a point where he thought his piercings were actually a part of his face and removing them was like pulling his teeth out. For hours it was as if I had become a part of every single thing around him.

So I was just wondering if anybody else has ever experienced anything similar to this "sensory synthesia".

2. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIJ has never experienced synaesthesia on mushrooms (but then she hasn't taken them for years).

She experiences it often, however, on LSD (and finds that once You has been there, it get's much easier to return to).

For her a typical sequence would be smell, becomes colour, becomes sound, becomes tactile sensation. Taste is never involved (strange, really, as it is so closely related to smell).

Just for reference's sake: Chanel No 5 is deep turquoise merging into almost purple.

Someone on this forum (SWIJ is sorry, she can't remember who) once described seeing music pouring out of the speakers, which sounds wonderful.

3. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Once when I was having a particularly profound trip sight, sound and thought became the same thing. I remember hearing what he thought were colours (red and orange). It was very strange. Mostly SWIM just felt like everything in the universe was one.

4. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    This has actually happened to SWIM before... it was SWIM's first trip ever
    on anything, which happened to be around 2.5g of dried cubensis
    mushrooms. I was just chilling out on the couch, watching all the
    fractals on the ceiling, and then someone put on some trance CD. SWIM
    started really paying attention to the music on the second track, and all of
    a sudden there were colors. It was like faint, translucent ribbons in blue
    and pinkish hues flowing out of the speaker and wrapping around SWIM's
    head and barging into the ears all the way into the brain... The music
    ribbons could be pushed around and manipulated by waving a hand through
    them. It was very surreal, and helped make for a good first psychedelic
    experience for SWIM, who remembers it like it happened yesterday even
    though it was many years ago...

5. monkeygone2heaven

monkeygone2heaven Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Synthesia on mushrooms anyone???

propensity to synesthesia varies from individual to individual. some have it all the time with no drugs. drugs do seem to bring it out though, wish someone could do research on why can actually help us understand some things about the brain.

I had a few coloured numbers with no drugs and has more unexpected bouts of synestheasia with marijuana (visual music) occasionally. swm has not been taking hallucinogens in years...

ps: swim's Chanel #5 is not the same colour but still blue!!

6. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Synthesia on mushrooms anyone???

I have heard that people sometimes get synesthesia with Amanitas Muscaria mushrooms, but hasn't really experienced it himself.

The closest he has come is the first time he smoked weed and opium together the only thing he could think of to describe what he was smoking was purple, so him and his friends (who all agreed it tasted like purple) called the mix purple whenever they smoked it. Quite weird, considering that they hadn't done any psychedelics while smoking the substance, and hadn't experienced synesthesia with psychedelics even before smoking it.