Opinions - Mushrooms or LSD as first psychedelic?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by smokeymacpot, Sep 7, 2005.

1. smokeymacpot

smokeymacpot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hey everyone I have wanted to do acid for a long time and thinks hes ganna do it this weekend the thing is is his supplier says he sells "hits" that are drop that he ussually drops ona sweettart or something and eats it does this sound right around here all ive seen is blot paper

also I have the choice of ether getting an 8th of shrooms or getting a hit of acid .. it seems better to go ahead and get the hit but I want to know what you guys think would be the better option

also My heard it would take the whole 8th to feel affects like it would one hit IE saving money ..?Edited by: smokeymacpot

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    shrooms are always a good first.

also, welcome to the forum, edit your post to take the prices out, as prices are not allowed to be discussed.

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I would get the acid personally but if you're not experienced with psychadelics yet, get the shrooms. I think they're the perfect introduction to the world of psychadelics.

4. PenguinPhreak

PenguinPhreak Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The way I see it, if you have the opportunity to try LSD, TRY IT! It is
    quite likely you'll end up wishing you had taken the opportunity. Acid
    is a lot more rare than mushrooms, so you are much more likely to have
    the chance to try mushrooms again.

5. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Is Money one of your Main concerns?

It sounds like Smokeymacpot would like to stay on his Budget: "My heard it would take the whole 8th to feel affects like it would [with] one hit, IE saving money ..?" If so, certainly LSD will be considerably Cheaper then an Eighth (prices may vary, but not That much . . . maybe 80% Cheaper).

In fact, not only is Acid much Cheaper, it's also much more Powerful (in some ways) than Magic Mushrooms. So, for the most BANG for the buck, Acid is First Place.

To be cautious, though, you can happily follow your advice from pinkavvy and nature_boy. We have been on quite-a-few Trips. We have experimented with Mushrooms, and had a good time. We also have dropped Acid. They both Work. Acid is a Rocket Ship, where Mushrooms are a 747.

Soon enough, you will have tried both of them. Starting slow is a good thing for most people. But some guys want to fry their First time. LSD will help you fry (when you finally take some). Good luck, aspiring Psychonaut.

6. quinone

quinone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If You is worried about acid not being available again anytime soon, buy both. Do the shrooms (if you have never taken a psychadelic before LSD might be 'too' much for a first time, whereas shrooms are a warm welcome to the world of psychadelics). Save the LSD you just bought, and do it some other weekend when you are comfortable with psychadelics. LSD doesnt go bad afaik :)

7. fdisk

fdisk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hallucinogen

hi, unfortunatelly my other thread was closed, but SWIM still wants more information the threads listed there as referece is good, but he wants to use some hallucinogen that mess the most possible with his brain (like seeing things that doesn't exist for example, and not only distorting things), but *this is very important* he doesn't want anything adictive (he truly just want to use it once, out of curiosity on the human brain :)) neither that has long-time (ie, more than 1 week) effects he read LSD is a good and very safe option for that... do you believe that or mushrooms may be better for this purpose? thanks

8. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: hallucinogen

most people say mushrooms are best for ones first trip,but personally i feel lsd is the better option for the full mind bending effects,not that i use lsd.

9. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Neither LSD NOR mushrooms will make your mongoose see things that aren't there.

The visual hallucinations associated with both are always (in my flamingos experience) based on reality. To see things that aren't there would require a deliriant (and the consensus there is that these are dangerous and unpleasant, with many adverse effects).

10. incognitosheep

incognitosheep Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I would personally recommend mushies! To SWIM, they have always seemed to be a more carefree, peaceful experience, and they'll welcome You nicely into the psychedelic worlds.

Acid is also (in my experience) ace, but seems to have a more "computer" based trip to SWIM, ie, phasing of sound, computer-generated effects "lookalikes".

11. Bloodshot

Bloodshot Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I was thinking the EXACT same question... but he decided to go with shrooms insted... he kept thinking about the press reigistration scene out of fear and loathing...

12. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    well this fellows friend is looking for the most visual trip,IMHO lsd would be the best for this.not saying mushies arnt powerfull!!!

13. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Psilocybin mushrooms tend to have a greater proclivity for inducing anxiety, though lsd certainly is the same at higher doses. Its a lighter mental trip that shrooms I feel. My panda would personally recommend that for a first psychedelic, one tries a single hit of lsd before trying shrooms or higher doses of acid. 1.5 to 2 grams of mushrooms would be euphoric and likely pleasant, but my panda finds that he needs an eighth to get the minimum desired level of visuals, and certain patterns of effects are more likely to negative impact his trip at higher doses, such as cyclical patterns of thought or overwhelming sensory input. LSD feels much softer on the mind to him, and he feels that it would be a better introduction for someone with no psychedelic experience whatsoever.

14. chemlove

chemlove Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    SWIM thinks that mushrooms are a much better place to start. much less of a chance of having a really tough experience. In my experience mushrooms always generated that laughing giggling experience for my friends and associates. acid (from what i read) has a tendency to get complex tough and could land you in a spot were your reflecting and getting deep in thought. The end results might be tougher on your mind then what you originally wanted.

15. TMM

TMM Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    For you's first time, chances are he won't be able to tell the difference between them. Go with your gut.

16. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    As the ferret may do with Mushrooms.

The flamingo always found them to have a far higher body load than LSD and they invariably used to induce nausea (and, not infrequently, vomiting) for her

17. Beta

Beta Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    For SWIM lsd is lighter on the body and more manageable for the mental than shrooms...
    Probably not everyone but a majority feels the same.
    Lsd is also more than twice longer than shrooms. Anyway xanax or valium might be your friend in case of bad trip.

18. grg3135

grg3135 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    as marcan mentioned, and he was surprisingly the first person to do so, I would say that duration of effects is a HUGE factor to consider when one is planning his first psychedelic experience. I have witnessed many people pop their psychedelic cherries and many of them freak out or are overcome with anxiety during at least part of their trips (generally during the peak) and just want it to be over. OR, they enjoy experience but grow tired of it before it fades naturally. Although the effects of shrooms and lsd are most definitely different, someone who has never experienced anything of the sort will not be aware of this. Due to the duration, shrooms may be the better choice for a first time.
    I have recommended to many people that they should start with a moderately high dosage, and although it doesnt sound like it, there is logic behind this. IF one were to become frightened on a lower dosage, and is wary of trying it again, they will never get the full experience. Also, if one takes a low dosage and doesnt experience the full effects, he may assume that the substance simply isnt all its cracked up to be and just isnt worth the money or effort or possible legal ramifications. OR if the person really did enjoy his first trip, he may have wished that he had done more and that the low dosage was a waste of time and the substance. Worst case scenario is usually that you are miserable for around 6 hours, then its over (with shrooms)
    This is based on SWIM's experience, in that he has never had someone HATE the experience and never want to try it again. I dont really want to give this advice because he does not personally know the OP and would not wish a bad or overwhelming trip on anyone (although I have NEVER regretted a trip, even though they may sometimes be difficult, he could see how it could be torturous to someone who does not want to be in it).

19. saorsa.elegy

saorsa.elegy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    As bunny tends to love x, what would be better for her to try first. Bunny has no experience with mushrooms or lsd

20. Strangeness

Strangeness Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I do not have experience with x, but he'd probably still go with the general trend of opinion in this thread: mushrooms.

Aside from some people having nausea problems when it comes to eating the things, shrooms seem to be a somewhat easier experience, especially with smaller ( < 2.5-3g) doses. Plus there's more euphoria and less 'body load' with mushrooms in SWIM's somewhat limited experience. And as far as objective reasons go, of course, there's always the much shorter duration with shrooms to consider as well if you have doubts about getting stuck in 8 hours of unpleasantness.

But then again, I did LSD first and it all worked out wonderfully. So just read up on them both and pick one. Because it's fairly likely that you'll do fine with either.