Combinations - Mushrooms with Alcohol or Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by kj_hash420, Jul 12, 2005.

1. kj_hash420

kj_hash420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from Canada
    i have 4 grams of dried shrooms for next weekend at my cottage, i heard that e is great to take with shrooms but i couldn't get any pills for the weekend so i was wondering if i should just take the shrooms by themselves, or if it would be even better with weed and/or alcohol

also i have done shrooms twice before, 2 g both times and the 1st time i was fucked up beyond belief, but the 2nd time it didn't do much, so i was wondering if taking all 4 g would bea good idea

what would u recomend?

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    4g should be ok as long as you're set up right. I don't recommend drinking with the shrooms. Sometimes, if you drink too much with them, they might not even work, and even two bottles of beer can totally alter the effects and it's a waste of shrooms.

You should smoke some pot with them. Smoke a bit before eating and have some more smokes for up to an hour after. Then stop for a while and let the mushrooms do their thing. Once they're wearing off, then you can smoke on and it's great.

3. cactus

cactus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    I usually wont smoke weed until the trip is wearing off, ive had too many experiences where the weed just bought paranoia. I find the last hours of mushrooms to be the most visual and smoking at the right time will increaseit dramatically.

4. sloppo

sloppo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM smokes weed all the time anyway, so he likes to do it while on mushrooms. It seems that some people like to mix alcohol with psychedelics and some don't. I have noticed that one can drink a lot of alcohol while tripping, it makes one "the invincible drunk". I think it is a matter of personal preference. A few drinks while coming down can be quite nice and relaxing, but I don't recommend getting drunk and then eating mushrooms.

Sloppo

5. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Personally I find smoking weed is most rewarding as the mushroom experience is beginning to end.I also find doinga bit before can be goodto chill you out and reduce the "what the fuck is happening to me" effect the onset of the shrooms can have. Edited by: ramjet

6. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    once i drank smoked rolled and shroomd all at once. i think the drink
    lessened the shrooms somewhat on that occasion because my
    hallucinations were barely noticeable. weed however, is all good with
    shrooms. i would say take the 4 grams and smoke a lot and you will have
    fun.

7. pjbth

pjbth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    In swims opinion

Pot + Shrooms = Good times, Quicker on-set, and much more vivid
    Halucinations. Hot knifing Hash is even better because you get the
    incredible body stone plus the mushrooms it's my favourite

Pot + Booze= Drunk. mushrooms make it feel like you can drink like a fish but it over-rides the mushroom trip.

IMO Smoke up a storm if you partake in mushrooms and make sure you focus on the smoke when you exhale. ;)

8. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A question first. are you going to this cottage with friends or family or alone because if its is alone or with friends I would suggest cooking with the weed because it is styronger so you will have a stronger trip but you may not want that, so here my second suggestion smoke before and during the trip but not to much, then when you begin to come down begin to drink and smoke more. but thats just my 2 cents

9. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    Well alcohol plus shroomz is a nono, but shroomz plus weed is great. For me it changes the effectss of shroomz completely. When I'm normally on shroomz I rarely watch the patterns. I am stucked in an Ivory Tower thinking about my own abstract things which usually have nothing in comon with the normal world. I have a burst of ideas about different questions, making relations between different concepts in my mind. Tose thngs are completely impractical for the ordinary life but I like them. And I never stop hearing my insight voice reasoning for a second. Except if I don't decide tp smoke some pot (I awlays decie it at some point). Then return back to reality. But for heaven's sake what is this reality. Everywhere diferent figures, millions of eyes watching me from the ground, scatering when I reach them. The connection with god is notable, too. And a strange sound in my ears.All the trees look like huge creatures (guardians of the forest). I am still able to think but now I am seeing what I was thinking before. I just see it as though it is real. The visions are hard to distingush from the rality.

It's a great combo but I'm not sure which of the two is better to observe the outer world from a slightly diffent angle or to build your own world in your mind. I prefer shroomz and weed everywhere.

10. big-lester

big-lester Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    when I trip, I smoke about 3g that night.

just can't get enough of pot when I'm trippin

11. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    It is strange how the combination of psychedelics with cannabis is something very positive for some, while it is a definitive no no for others. It gives paranoia to the latter. Cannabis gives you confusion and mixing confusion with enhancement of the senses may result in a circus of spectacle, which is all the better for the first and much to confusing for the next and lead to a bad trip. There are two major factors with bad trips: cannabisand/ora high dose are present in a lot of bad trip situations.

12. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    Well, I have noticed the same thing. And which is more interesting, my girlfriend says that weed sometimes stops her experience, while I hallucinate like hell. I like smoking best at the end of the trip. While the effects fade out. And then I see lots of different things. The film is great. In the beginning of the trip it really produces a great feeling of paranoia. But it produces great caleidoscopic visions, too. Yesterday I felt as though whole parts of the information about the outer world have just disappeared. Imagine that you look at an object and ealise that there's nothing around it. And a few moments later you see greatly detailed red to yllow beatiful sightings. When put your palms together you have the feeling that they are agglutinated, like they are a part of the same thing. And in the same time you have the feeling that there is a large space betwen them (they were put together). And you have no idea what's inside that space. This is a very strange phenomena, happened to me only twice though!

13. geoff856

geoff856 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    I have only shroomed 1 time but when he did he smoked weed and drank like 2 beers. I had areal fun time on shrooms and didnt have any paranoia. When the shrooms started to where off he took half of a E pill. The E made the effects come back for a little. The whole time I was shrooming he smoked weed.

14. thegod1

thegod1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
  15. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I find smoking to be a completely different and interesting
    experience on 'shrooms. He doesnt like to drink though, on 'shrooms or
    in general. Cigarettes can also be fun.

16. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    Smoking/Drinking on Shrooms

SWIM usually prefers to smoke during the beginning of the trip (if at all),
    because there is a tendency for SWIM to forget all about smoking
    after things start to get crazy. Later in the trip, SWIM usually doesn't
    feel like it at all. In SWIM's experience, weed enhances the trip
    nicely. The smoke feels kind of neat when you're tripping too.

I have no experience with mixing alcohol and shrooms, and has no
    desire to try that experiment.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  17. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    SWIM loves smoking MJ while shrooming. He lloves to watch the smoke come out it looks very colorful. I have only triyed drinking on shrooms once and he could barely take a few sips. I dont think this would be a good combo because the alcohol would weaken the trip. The best thing to do would be to drink on the comedown so you can hit the sack w/o any problems.

18. kaniz

kaniz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've found that the strongest mushtroom trip I've ever had, is when I did /ALOT/ of drinking and smoking prior to the trip.

I was helping throw a party awhile ago, and had been drinking/smoking
    weed/hash almost non-stop from about noon till 6-7pm, the DJs were
    comming on soon so I decided to eat some mush. I ate a small ammount,
    they hit fast/hard as fuck and sent me to the moon. I continued to
    drink alot over the course of the night, often having straight shots of
    tequilla poured from the bottle into my mouth.

ego loss, loss of sense/time, feeling of euphoria, the sensation of
    having my body ripped to shreds and shot across the universe in a beam
    of energy (good feeling, not bad).

Found it to be a /very/ nice combonation.

19. cannabis man

cannabis man Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Swim like to get stoned out of tree bfor shrooms, the during, then after however this is a personal preference... and id avoid booze especially spirits, brings on more sicky vibes![​IMG]

20. Brie

Brie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    I dont think you should drink with shrooms.....

I had afew beers before eating shrooms some time ago, only he got the worst bad trip of his life

On the other hand smoking pot in a trip is really nice and makes the trip even more intense

If you smoke pot and become stoned before the trip the upcome will be more relaxedEdited by: Brie