Experiences - My experience with maeng da kratom, 10g.

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by jackiesbaby, Aug 26, 2011.

1. jackiesbaby

jackiesbaby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I downed a little over a tablespoon of maeng da kratom in applesauce about a half hour after drinking a glass of grapefruit juice on an empty stomach (haven't eaten 6 hours prior). I'm not at all opiate tolerant.

T+0:00 - Finished apple sauce with kratom, it tasted gross but it wasn't nearly as bad at just eating the powder and a lot quicker than making tea.

T+0:20 - Started feeling a slight energy boost with some euphoria.

T+0:40 - Stronger euphoria with a warm feeling all over my body, the energy boost starts to fade.

T+1:00 - Euphoria starts to fade and a sedative effect kicks in, body warmth continuing.

T+1:30 - Euphoria completely gone, sedative effect remains.

T+2:00 - Feeling back to baseline.

Would you say this was typical? Overall it was pretty good for a legal drug.

2. postimmortal

postimmortal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    Sounds about right. Though with continued use, the euphoria and sedation fade. The only effect kratom seems to have anymore is it is very stimulating.

3. jackiesbaby

jackiesbaby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    How often should I do it to keep my tolerance at a relatively low level?

4. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    From my usage I've estimated that one can use normal bali about 3 times a week. If I tried using 4 days in a row by the final day there was definitely a higher tolerance. But each person is different. The best way to keep tolerance down is to just use less often and that is up to the discretion of the user. Just know that Maeng Da is said to raise tolerance more quickly than other types of kratom.

5. postimmortal

postimmortal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    As Sam said, each person is different. In studying kratom, I found my uncle, in the beginning of his use could use it everyday to the same effect. Even sometimes, twice a day. It was not until later into his use that the euphoric effects were not present. I would say that took about 6 months. Some people say to try different strains to keep tolerance at bay. My uncle did not find that helpful. It could be different though. Potentiators could be used to still achieve the same effects, but my uncle has had no luck with those either. Probably the best advice would be to limit usage. A few times a week, maybe.

Now if only my stubborn uncle would apply that same advice. Seems like he'll never learn.

6. DiabolicScheme

DiabolicScheme Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah euphoria doesn't really last very long with Kratom unless you increase the length via tums, tagamet, grapefruit juice.

To keep your tolerance down I recommend only twice a week (for me it was on the weekend) and your tolerance shouldn't rise but not everyone is the same. dextromethorphan theoretically helps prevent tolerance build up, as far as my experience goes DXM seems to enhance the high but if you are going to use this use only 30 mg, more is not better, in fact too much will completely ruin the effects of Kratom and you'll be tripping on DXM instead.

When I was only doing it twice a week it seemed like it worked the same every time, however I am now an addict and use it everyday for pain relief (chronic lower back pain) and energy. (My original intention was as an anti-depressant) If I take a 24 hour break I actually can still feel some euphoria but if taken daily I only get pain relief.