1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Experiences - My kratom experience

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by baus, Sep 26, 2013.

1. baus

baus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    So I just got some kratom in the mail from a supposedly good supplier. I Read every where 2 grams of good powder should produce effects. I have now ingested 6tsp of Green Malay type ( still have a blend called "Eye Opener" and Some thai to try. NO EFFECTS AT ALL. Hours later now, ever 30ish mins i take more. Will be at 8 tsp soon. I think this kratom thing is like the poppy seed tea thing, just fake herbal remedies (I never tried pod teae tho i can see how that may work better then seed). I have no tolerance to kratom as this is my first time with it. I am a 165 pd 5' 11" man. And nothing. Is Green Malay just a shitty type or has anyone else that tried POWDERED kratom think this stuff is bunk also?

2. Dankfish

Dankfish Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Two grams is not what I would typically shoot for. My go-to dose when I started out was five grams and a year and a half later it is the same.

Malay is a nice gentle buzz unlike Bali and Indo which are on the more sedating side.

I also only use powdered kratom but if it was from a vendor that would name a strain "Eye Opener" then it is probably just more commercial rubbish like the headshops get.

Firstly, if you feel like dabbling in kratom, at least get a scale so you can measure out what you are taking. Then I would try around five, as that is the common beginner dose.

Also, I can tell you that after more than 1,000 doses, kratom is not "fake herbal remedies". If you are simply looking to get blasted and go "woah dude" then steer clear and get a drug that can do that to you. Kratom is a sustainable and very nice high that does not knock beginners off their feet, especially since it takes multiple times to appreciate the effects.

edit: wish I had thought two seconds about what a tsp was before I even responded to this. I feel like a fool for actually trying to help out.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  3. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Baus, i am starting to think you are just trolling at this stage.
    You can not seriously be calling everyone on this site, and across the world, who use kratom and report great effects from it liars?

Because that is exactly what you are doing when you claim that kratom is 'fake herbal remedies'

6-8 tea spoons is probably close to an ounce!
    If you took an ounce of green malay on an empty stomach with no opiate tolerance and you felt nothing then you either bought bunk, you have some sort of natural tolerance to opioids or you are just telling porkies.

My money is on a combination of all 3.
    You have recently been using poppy seeds. While you did not feel anything you quite possible raised your tolerance and there would be some cross tolerance.

Your vendor, how did you research them? How do you know they are good?

And as for your dose, how did you weigh it? I find it strange you claim you took 2 grams, a very specific dose, and then move onto 6 tea spoons.

Are you really going to sit there and call everyone liars, or are you going to use some common sense and think that it must be down to you that it is not working because all these people could not possibly be part of some global conspiracy to trick people in trying kratom.

4. SuperCaesarKratomSalad

SuperCaesarKratomSalad Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm putting my money on bad source. It's a hard concept to get in your head as a newbie that the difference between sources are night and day.

5. baus

baus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I looked up the average conversion of tsp to grams in powdered kratom. And i stopped taking the poppy seed tea awhile ago(since i last posted about it) i am not "trolling" vev and im not calling anyone a liar. I just think its possible its mostly a placebo effect. Ive seen placebo effects take place and is not a myth. There has been many "natural remedies" over the years that have been purely placebo. I would be willing to try again if someone lets me in on a good vendor, as i will always give things a second shot. I was just posting my experience with kratom here as the thread clearly states. Dont flame me buddy.

baus added 3 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Also ian leArn to read better my friend. I said i researched that that 2grams would produce effects, not that i tried actually 2 grams. And i took 8 tsp. tsp. as in 5ccs. Man i expect more from you ian. Cmon dude where you high when you replied to this thread? Lol

6. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    If you heard that 2 grams would produce effects then why did you take 8 teaspoons?
    A teaspoon holds a lot more than 2 grams and you took 8? That makes no sense at all.
    It sounds to me like you did very little research into kratom.

A teaspoon for starters in not a good way to measure anything.
    Here is a measuring teaspoon containing two different types of kratom, you can see the difference in weight yourself...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So lets just say for argument sake you had 3 grams in each tea spoon. Thats almost an ounce of kratom you took for your first time.
    Can you explain why you did that?
    Sounds to me like you were very lucky that you did not get good kratom, because that dose would have made you very ill.

You are though. You said the same thing in the poppy seed tea thread, you said it was a myth, or fake. By saying that you are saying that every single person who has ever written an experience report with kratom or poppy seed tea are lieing when they say they get great effects from it.

Thats just nonsense.
    How can thousands of people being off their heads, nodding, euphoric, sedated, stimulated etc be placebo?
    How can the people going through intense withdrawals and addictions do so if it is only placebo?
    Use a bit of common sense.
    If 999 people feel strong effects and 1 person feels nothing, do you really think that the issue lies with the vast majority? Of course not.
    Like i said, it is more likely that physically you have some natural tolerance to opiates/opiods than everyone else imagining they are high.

Source discussion is against the rules.
    It is not hard to find a good vendor. Read the guide to buying kratom it might help you know what to look out for and what to avoid.

You were doing more than that, you were claiming that based on your one experience that kratom is a 'Fake herbal remedy' which as i have pointed out is pretty illogical.
    And no one has flamed you. :)

7. baus

baus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Also i do take 27mg er concerta. Dunno if that would cancel it out or not. Or maybe i can just never find a good vendor :/

baus added 5 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

You got yo flame on. Like i said its either placebo or i got a bad vendor. Tho my powder looks exactly like yours does in the pictures. And i read the guide book very well and that how i decided apoun the vendor i did. Im getting tired of not being able to get a good vendor. Poppy seed tea vendor, bunk, kratom vendor, bunk. I think DIVER is just going to get back into the hard stuff and get it off the street to get some pain relief. This is nuts. And ian i know about the difference. Thats why i only started with one tsp. i figured wether it was 2-6 grams didnt really matter as long as it produced effects and i wasnt in danger of oding, :)

8. Fat Billy the Hippie

Fat Billy the Hippie Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from brazil
    So you actually have 'some tolerance' to hard stuff. That explains a few things...
    Your history with opioids/opiates maybe has something to do with your situation.