My problems with drugs and mental state

Discussion in 'Psychological & social' started by Eli Grier, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Eli Grier

Eli Grier Newbie

Reputation Points:
    19 y/o from United startes
    so I am severely bipolar and I’ve been in psychiatry for almost 7 months now and I was six months sober before this happend I started smoking weed again and I then preceded to start taking phenabarbituates and now my cousins mom who is like my second mom that we go hang out with us worried and my cousin is worried my gf thinks I’m gonna leave her and thinks she’s gonna loose me what do I do?

2. ladywolf2012

ladywolf2012 Got diamonds in the soles of my shoes! Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    68 y/o from Foothills of Arizona
    Welcome to the Forum, but I have to tell you, yours is one of the most confusing short posts I have ever read. I don't understand what your girlfriend has to do with your cousin's mom and with weed and barbiturates. I have no idea what you are asking us here.

Could you post again and try to be clearer the next time and explain what you really mean and what the issues are? Thanks. We'd be glad to try to help if we can understand what is going on!

3. titaniumhunter

titaniumhunter Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think maybe you should go back to being sober. Then everyone wouldn't be so worried. And you wouldn't worry about them being worried.
    I imagine being BiPolar is tough enough without mucking things up by using ??phenabarbituates ??.
    While a lot of people may turn to marijuana it might actually be associated with early occurrence of first manic episode, increased mania and depression & faster cycles...especially in younger people. And you are young. I suggest you work with your psychiatrist and stay away from self medicating.

4. highganja99

highganja99 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    For all the people that would say weed is harmless, it isn’t for some people, I think weed concurrent with mental health issues is a bad combo especially if it is used regularly. I can get away with the odd joint but prolonged use causes psychosis. Seriously try to do without the drugs, it will be better for you.