Question - My shroom juice busted and overflowed the bottle! is it safe to drink?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Tobin, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Tobin

Tobin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    19 y/o from Florida, United States
    Hi! This is my first post, so bear with me. I left my shroom koolaid out at room temperature for 4-5 days by accident, and this morning when I woke up, the water bottle I had it in had kind of busted and it got everywhere. While there still is a lot left it's got an extremely thick white foam. It smells fine and I rebottled it and put it back in the fridge. Is it safe to drink? I want to be cautious of adverse affects. Thanks in advance!

2. SirDabathin

SirDabathin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    19 y/o from Michigan, United States
    Where exactly did all the liquid spill? If it spilled into a confined environment which would allow you to collect the majority of the liquid then it should be fine, this environment should be clean though. Would you collect spilled milk off the floor and drink it? I think not.

The only adverse effect would be ingesting any and all contams that the liquid spilled on to. If you left the liquid in direct sunlight then the concoction runs the risk of having psilocybin evaporate from the bottle.

You wouldn't die drinking it, though it wouldn't be the healthiest decision you could make.

How exactly did you acquire this "Shroom Juice", do you know what method was used to create it?

3. Tobin

Tobin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    19 y/o from Florida, United States
    I don't know how it was made but I did do it oncertainly before and it was pretty strong, what I mean by spilled is it came out of the top, I should have reworded , not that much came out leaving the bottle more than half full. I'm just afraid that maybe it fermented from being at room temperature so long and that's why it busted? Maybe? I have no idea... also there's a thick white foam now and that looks sort of unappetizing.. but it smells just as it did when I got it

4. Adas

Adas Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o from Slovakia
    It may have fermented. Probably not the best idea to drink it. Especially if it smells funky.

5. Delia

Delia Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    The decision is yours but when you say you left it out, do you mean inside a home or outside? Since you don't want any fruit flies or bugs to have gone near it. Also fluctuations of temperature and sunlight can have negative effects.

I would be careful, since I will assume kool aids got sugar in it, does the liquid seem 'fizzy' at all or have the appearance of bubbles inside the liquid? If so, it might have fermented or become off, either way your stomach or bowel will kick it out quickly if it is off.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018