My story- Overcame methamphetamine addiction through 12-steps

Discussion in 'Amphetamines addiction' started by Ex-Tweaker, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Ex-Tweaker

Ex-Tweaker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have found a way out of the drugaddict way of life. I have been using drugs since I was 12 years old (I'm 19 now). Finally, a heavy Crystal Meth addiction took me to my knees. I got to the point of smoking up to 3g a day. Iresembled the walking dead; I'm 6ft tall and I weighed 115lbs.I was introduced to the 12 step fellowships (Alcoholics Anonymous, and Cocaine Anonymous are the two I attend frequently). I have not touched a drug in 8 1/2 months now. In that time I have kept the same job, and have even been promoted twice. I don't know if any of you have heard of or even tried the 12 step programs (there are more than one), but I am living proof that they can work. I have had competent Doctors tell me that I was hopeless. But I have been brought back to life. I now enjoy a sense of peace and happiness that I know isn't going to fade. If you were as hopeless as I was, and want to feel better, feel free to e-mail me at xxxxxxxxxxx and I'll be more than happy to chat with you and share my experiances. And no there is no cost or commitment. The way we stay sober is by helping others get sober. So I work for no one, I am just another dope fiend who has found a way out and wants to passit along.If you think this is all bullshit,then I guessyou can believe what you want to believe.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2009
    1. 5/5,
      Very helpful and inspiring post cites the altruistic nature of the OP's chosen method of recovery as well as the background of personal experience.
      May 29, 2012
  2. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Well done mate! The 12 Step programs aren't everyones
    cup of tea, but they do get good results. Whatever
    works can't be knocked! Stay well!

3. Ex-Tweaker

Ex-Tweaker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Thank you for the support. Believe me, if I could have quit drugs on my own I would have donw so long ago. But I came to the point where it was either accept help, or die. And I didn't want to die, I just wanted to feel better. And the path I've taken I wouldn't trade for anything else.

4. CABS205

CABS205 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Good job...Yeah, the 12 step program, didn't work for me at all. BUT, I'm getting to the point where I don't have to do it....

Props to you!