Spiritual - Mysticality associated with LSD use

Discussion in 'LSD' started by Chaote, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've heard people talk about how they feel LSD gives them these glimpses into deeper meenings and shows them truth etc etc. I personally don't feel LSd is a mystical drug such as peyote or mushrooms, mostly because it is man made, not to say muchrooms and mescaline can't be used for a good time. I just feel LSD is more of a fun drug. What say you?

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I feel that if one has a "mystical" experience, which profoundly changes their lives for the better in their opinion, from stubbing their toe after tripping over the cat - more power to stubbing their toe!

3. Toltec

Toltec Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It all can depend on your race, culture, religion and up bringing.
    Most important your state of mind at the time of dosing set and setting etc...

In Short, you'll never know when its gonna come.

4. Voices

Voices Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I've heard people say that LSD does in fact give them deeper glimpses into the machinery of life. Literally, the fine detail is very machine like in it's strange nature, tot he point where "feelings are just games nerves play" becomes a truism.

I've heard people say that the other stuff you mentioned produces deep glimpses into the same places but they appear to be more organic.

I've also heard people say NO2 is mystical.

5. freedom

freedom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    i think it takes away our self consciousness and we then join the one consciousness, as we do when we die. this happens with complete ego death. thats how the answers are gotten, we are part of all life that was and ever will be, from every perspective.

6. freedom

freedom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    damn, cant edit post. but i also meant to add that lsd could be naturally occuring, there are so many plants and organisms out there, not just on earth that it is actually quite likely to me.

7. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Sure LSD works (for some people) as Spiritual medicine.

Chaote said: "I've heard people talk about how they feel LSD gives them these glimpses into deeper meenings and shows them truth...I personally don't feel LSD is a mystical drug...because it is man made."

I would start out with a question: "Chaote, have you tried LSD before?" If not, then I understand why you don't know yourself. But then, read through the Posts of Forum members who have had Spiritual times on LSD. Do you think that all of us are LYING, when we discuss Spiritual break-throughs?

Of the Millions of people of who have Tripped on LSD, It would be absurd to say that NOT even one of them had "Glimpses into deeper meanings" or that LSD had never "showed them truth."

In the earlier (and legal) years for LSD, psychiatrists used LSD for exactly the purpose of looking into deeper meanings of things, and to show them the truth of old events affecting their present daily life. Many patients were relieved from old phobias.

The silly thought that just because a medicine doesn't grow on trees (literally), that it is not able to provide Spiritual Growth, just does not hold up.

Take MDMA, for example. Many Psychiatrists have used this miracle drug to help people come to powerful break-throughs in their personal lives.

I, myself, have had realized deeper meanings, through the help of LSD. (And also RCs, such as 4-HO-DiPT, have provided break-throughs. Research Chemicals don't grow on trees either.) In fact, the reason that Research Chemicals were "invented" is because of the Spiritual effects of LSD (and one man's look for other chemicals which could re-create, and add to, the wonderful effects of LSD).

If you have taken LSD recreationally, and have only gotten recreational effects, then that is your experience. Several Forum members have taken LSD for Spiritual purposes, and have had Spiritual experiences. Your question flies in the face of many Post-ers who have shared their Spiritual "healings" in the Forum.

LSD is different things to different people. To me, it's a Spiritual miracle. I thank a man who just turned 100 years old. Albert, you helped change the world. You certainly changed MY world.

8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I'm way too cynical to get any "mystic" effects off LSD. I dunno, even if I was spiritual, it would still seem pretty tacky to be achieving spiritual enlightenment through a drug that makes me act like a kid with a dirty mouth (all I do is laugh and swear when I'm on acid).

9. Toltec

Toltec Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    spiritual enlightenment happens for some folks. New awareness will happen for others. It depends on your up bringing, set and setting etc...

Allot of us are relating only our own experiences, and not really realizing that we are talking with folks all over this world, who have there own ways and many different beliefs.

10. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Solidly-Here I have used before but I just never feel all mystical and stuff its more like yay hooray im euphoric and seeing stuff, but on mushrooms i have felt this eemingly mystical power about. Im not saying you can't have a personal discovery on it im just saying im skeptical about encounters with god and so on.

11. Urban

Urban Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I find that on acid, she is so "uplifted" (high) that even looking at a dripping tap seems magical and spiritual.
    swims not doubting that people do have "insights" on trips, but it just seems that once your high, everything is so messed up and distored it can easily be confused with, and made to look like something else.

once, on acid, I thought she saw god looking through the window at her and got down to pray to him. turns out it was a cat.......

who knows.
    its all personal!
    x

12. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    LSD has given SWIM as much insight as mushrooms and dmt. It was his first trip and maybe he doesnt have a lot more to learn from it but that first time sure gave him a glimpse into the inner workings or our world and universe. All dark things were cleared up and the truth was known. THis was swims first experience with any hallucinogen and it was 4 hits of the strongest most clean blotter he has had. In My opinion although lsd is not natural like shrooms or mescaline it just has a touch to it. It honestly feels like it is supposed to be taken, and was meant to be discovered. Really any drug can give users mystical experiences but swims first lsd trip was out of this world. If it would not have been so mystical, and just fun, SWIM probably would not have ventured into the psychadelic realm much more. The trip was just so enlightening that SWIM wanted to try shrooms and rcs and other psychadelics. LSD is the best man made psychadelic in swims opinion. The only one that has given him a pure ++++.

13. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Chaote says: "Solidly-Here I have used [LSD?] before but I just never feel all mystical and stuff ... I'm not saying you can't have a personal discovery on it I'm just saying I'm skeptical about [anyone having Spiritual] encounters with god."

Well, Chaote, you have said (in the past) that you do not believe in God. This is a perfectly Valid way to live.

The only problem with "knowing" that there is NO God is: You will never end-up face-to-face with Him. A profound Acid Trip leads many people to feel the presence of God. Therefore, you will NOT have this kind of Spiritual experience. In fact, you do not even want this kind of experience. You should know this already.

Even with Mushrooms and Mescaline, you have not experienced this feeling. So, to take your argument ONE step further, you could say that NO Psychedelic drug can give anyone Mystical feelings. This is a cleaner statement of what you believe.

The way you phrased it, you left the door (a little) open on the fact that Mushrooms could be MORE than LSD, but not Mystical. Since Mysticality is the subject for your Thread, then why did you stop on LSD, when you believe that NOTHING can make it happen?

But, as an Atheist (Agnostic, ...) you do not need to understand the Mystical Trips that others have taken. You are free to think that we just don't know what we are talking about. Just believe me when I tell you: "Acid opens up a part of me . . . when I feel that way, God is pretty close by me (for seconds at a time)." Whether my feelings are Real, or just what I think, it does not matter. Each person feels what they feel (including you).

But that is NOT the reason I Trip. I use each Trip to do many things, right here on Earth, and enjoy them (the Psychedelic improves my Concentration, so I can pay attention, and it deepens my feelings). One side-benefit of a Trip is a Mystical blast every once in a while.

* * * Bonus Edit * * *

The Spiritual-experience thing is much more than LSD (or Mushrooms, or RCs). After taking NO drugs, many Millions of people have had powerful Spiritual encounters.

There have been 1000s of Martyrs, who have happily prayed, while being stretched on a rack, burned with hot pokers, being stoned to death. These people had something ELSE to think about, which made their physical pain non-existent. Many of these Martyrs (who lived through their tortures) claimed to be feeling the presence of God. I tend to believe them.

So, whatever you say about Psychedelics causing Mystical things to happen, just know that there are many people who can have an overwhelming physical pain, but be glued to their Spiritual contact with (what they call) God.

I haven't had this type of experience, but I believe that other people HAVE had this experience. You can believe whatever you want. I do not care that you question (or even deny) the Reality of the Spiritual realm. I will just go on living my life, with visits to my concept of the Spiritual realm.

And, I give you full permission to go on with your life, such that it is. I am not here to convince the World (or anyone in it) that what I believe is some Ultimate Truth . . . it is just my experience (and my belief). Peace.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  14. jjeremy1977

jjeremy1977 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Once you know there is a god there is no going back had a serious mystcal and spiritual awaking not to mention a "Hell" of a bad trip coming to the realization Of God, Me,and Hell... Then again the only escuse that keeps me sane is the fact I lost count on hit 86 and anyone will feel the presence and fear of god on that much. "To Consciously Know thy true self "

15. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Solidly Here one does not need to believe in God to be spiritual and find somethimg mystical

16. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Chaote said: "Solidly Here, one does not need to believe in God to be spiritual and find something mystical." This is a true statement.

If I said anything you thought was contrary to that, I did not mean for it to be taken that way.

You have stated: " I just never feel all mystical and stuff." I was responding to that.

Since you do NOT feel mystical (at all), that is OK. But, putting LSD down because you do not feel mystical is not fair to the rest of us (the ones who DO feel mystical).

A person can feel "mystical" any time he is feeling the presence of something beyond this world. This experience can take many forms. One of those forms is to feel God. But many people feel this when they notice the miracle of Mother Nature. Others can feel it in a dark forest. Or, even just feeling like there is an order to the Universe. Any place can be the base of mystical feelings.

I hope that some day you feel a blast of mystical presence. But, a person can live a great life without it. In fact, at one level, it is easier to live a life without it: When you know the other world is there, it is easy to be upset that you don't feel that High level of awe and wonder all of the time.

17. treefingers49

treefingers49 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Mystical experiences can occur without the consumption of psychedelic substances, but that being said, there are many that do tend to have a mystical push to them.

I have found that mushrooms, and DMT both have a strong mystical component, and has felt this during every experience with both drugs.

SWIM notes that while LSD is clearly not in the same category when it comes to mystical experiences, it does have the ability to produce amazing +4 experiences (his first experience, and once thereafter, I felt the white light stronger than on any other substance). SWIM enjoys LSD more than other psychedelics due to this adaptive nature that can be utilized for many different situations and goals.

18. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    With the exception of DMT mescaline psilocybin ibogaine and cannabis basically all other psychedelic drugs that find any common use in todays society are synthetically produced and not natural in any way. This does not mean that they do not hold any spiritual insights simply because man produced them. For example the church of the true inner light ( i think thats the name) hold DPT to be a sacrqment and actually believe that it is a physical embodiment of god or some such thing. I will say however that mushrooms are highly spiritual and there is something special aboput them...but this is honestly unfair because any psychedelic can give you a deep insightful personal spiritual trip given the correct context and user. LSD is a deeply spiritual experience if taken in the proper context and setting under the proper conditions. some people do not feel this way but everything is a matter of preference... especially when its drugs you are talking about.