Drug info - N-Methyl-2C-i

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by hh339, Feb 15, 2006.

1. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    any experiences?

2. astenu

astenu Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    not as of yet. interested to try this one as its said to be like 2c-i but longer lasting with more depth

3. psitryp

psitryp Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I wouldn't expect too much from this compound. Both N-methyl-DOB and N-methyl-MMDA-2 are less potent than their umethylated brothers and there seems to be a hint of bodyload with the methylated compounds. Neither of them was taken up to active dosages though so it's difficult to make an assesment of the effects.

Methylating the nitrogen on MDA to form MDMA was however a success but most if not all the hallucinogenic properties of MDA seems to have been lost so that suggests that this is not a good way to go with psychedelics. But who knows? I haven't seen any reports on it yet so I guess the jury is still out on this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2010
    1. 3/5,
      good exposes receive good karma
      Mar 28, 2006
    2. 4/5,
      good info
      Mar 27, 2006
  4. psitryp

psitryp Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM talked to a couple of persons who actually tested the methyl-2c-i and well they noted no effect whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2010
  5. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    As expected....

6. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ive never seen N bonded alkyl analogues of 2c's, can any of you point the way to some reading?

7. fastandbulbous

fastandbulbous Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    It's secondary amines in general; all the most active phenethylamines that are primarily psychedelics are primary amines and most of the tryptamines are tertiary amines at the same nitrogen atom(with a couple of primary amines like AMT etc). If you consider LSD as well (6-desmethyl LSD/nor-LSD), then secondary amines seem to be the kiss of death for psychedelic activity.

As secondary amines are the most basic by a reasonable amount compared with primary & tertiary amines, I think it'll be something to do with repulsion by a similar charge on the receptor protein chain near where that particular nitrogen normally interacts/binds. I've given this a bit of thought and it's the only explanation that occurs to me to explain it