near-death from H withdrawal

Discussion in 'Opiate & Opioid addiction' started by gojira, Mar 2, 2007.

1. gojira

gojira Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was forced to detox off about a gram/day habit of the best powder in PDX when his dealer left town and he had no other #'s. Same guy for 5 years. Well after 12 days, was still on the floor puking more fluid than could be replaced and had a seizure. Woke up to cops convinced I was ODing and his GF pleading w/ pigs to understand that my condition was from lack of drugs. Anyway, got to hosp. and endured 4 hours of interns trying to find a vein, 2 of which were spent in my neck. I was in a total hallucinatory state, convinced Stimpy (from the cartoon) was trying to murder him, watching the sink turn into an Aztec pyramid complete with snakes and a ritual murder going on at the top, and looking around at a turn of the (19th) century wooden rural doctors office, when asked what year it was he replied "dunno, but by the looks must be 1870ish in the SW! The ceiling turned to the moon and I watched little round cars zip around the suface and rockets fly around. So f'ing real. Finally came out after three days and docs told me I was he was literally inches from death from total renal failure. They had even asked his GF what his final wishes were and she signed a DNR ( she knew that is what he would want as opposed to being a veg.) So it can happen, death from H w.d. But my reaction was highly exacerbated by a seriously degraded health condition and absolutely no meds wahtsoever, not even aspirin.
    So, in a day or two, he'll start on 12-16 mg subutex a day for a day or two and taper ASAP. (only choice from lack of healthcare etc.) but he has benzos, weed, and sleepers to help, and especially LOVE. God bless her! She is the impetus for SWIM to find the person she fell in love with and has subsequently buried himself under tons of hate, anger, self loathing, fear regret, etc etc etc.
    Advice appreciated will stay in touch. Anyone please lend SWIM a hand with thier own experiences and whatnot, he needs all the help he can get cuz frankly, hes about to fight his most powerful foe, himself, at his weakest state. Ah, dont you love hard drugs and all the fun they give you? They dont call it dope fer nothing, ya'll!
    Oh and since the antagonist in suboxone is metabolized by the liver, not sublingually, and bupe vice versa, after keeping it in his mouth for 20+ minutes, spitting it out would greatly reduce the amount of naltrexone being absorbed. Am I correct here? Anyway, love all---

2. gojira

gojira Newbie

Reputation Points:
    sorry for triple post, tried to edit, Shame shame! anyway the top thread is the correct one.

3. Laudaphun

Laudaphun Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Is You going to be on subutex or suboxone? There is no naloxone in subutex. The naloxone in suboxone is not supposed to have any appreciable bioavailability via sublingual administration, however some people who are very sensitive to it do experience side effects from what gets into the system after swallowing the saliva. Most people whom are sensitive to the naloxone and get these side effects are able to avoid this problem by spitting when they would normally swallow. I am no medical expert but if You really want to give himself the best chance at staying away from H, then longer suboxone/subutex treatment is typically more successful than shorter term. Unless You is in the minority of people who are especially sensitive to naloxone then there's really no point in spitting though. If You is only given subutex then naloxone isn't even an issue. It is SWIM's opinion that the greatest value of sub that it allows a person to battle their demons without having the field uneven due to cravings.

4. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Have You heard about Ibogaine?

5. gojira

gojira Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks, yes, it is suboxone, or whatever HAS naltrexone. I have no experience with it personally, but I think spitting it out may work. However, SWIM have been offered the chance to go into a detox facility here that uses suboxone, and have some for when He leaves, if things get hairy. He is just terrified of going through what he went through last time. We'll see, it is time to try to grab some of that fire that god gave SWIM to use creatively instead of systematic, slow destruction of all in life.
    As for Ibogaine, yes I have heard of it, and know several folks who have done it, and it has not produced the effects they are looking for. I am not sure about it pharmacologically, but get the premise. And I wont get into it here, but I believe that all drugs "live" on different portions of a "vibrational spectrum" so to speak, heroin being blue, metaphorically, and psychedelics red. the two cannot coexist. I would love to elaborate but I am not putting my theory out very eloquently, but my state of mind is rather fractured at the moment. I think that maybe getting clean some other route, medically proven, and THEN shattering the fucked up sculpt of a mind of a BAD junkie (sWIM) with a long-acting psy. ( LSD or somesuch) might be more effective. I learned alot from from psy's and stuff I truly believe to not be dope addled "insight" since I still believe its validity twenty years after my last trip. But sWIM's plan is to do just that, in the Oregon coast or cascade range, or in the abundant splendor that god spilled forth on this little chunk of land in the GNW-USA- clean up, then do a little defragging with a psychedelic application.
    I'll let yall know hope this all works out- detox begins Tues ( yes I know I said yesterday previously, but that was before the detox facility plan) I think the only encourgement I'll get may be from here, not the worthless, back stabbing, lying junk-tards that walk the portland bus mall calling me buddy. -Thats another post- how do people get away with the snitching, ripping, running, and lying here that in any other state would get you killed?