Nederland is a nice country

Discussion in 'Coffeeshops' started by Sick Jack, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Sick Jack

Sick Jack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hello dudes !

I've already been twice in Amsterdam, 1st time during during new eve and then during the summer... 1st time I've found Amsterdam great and the second, perhaps because I smoked less, I saw during my 5 days trip Amsterdam as a hopeless hole.

Me and a mate walked through the whole city and we arrived to the conclusion that "Dam" was just a f**kin' "dormitory city", with a town center full of stinky stores as footlockers, h&m, mcdonald's, kentucky fried chicken, etc.... Coffeeshops, smartshops, monuments, museums, and then, nothing...

So my question : I enjoy a lot travelling to holland because of the great smoke's quality and people's opened-mindedand I would know if another cities in holland (I heard about Rotterdam) have a greater "spirit", another dimension than just a paradise of consumption ???

Thanks for your feedbacks guys ! Hope that my bad english will not prevent you to understand my matter.... :)

2. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    So what else is available in Amsterdam aside from weed?

Coke? Acid? H?

I've considered travel, but don't smoke weed any more.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    There are many cities in the Netherlands worth a visit. Maastricht, Utrecht, Arnhemand Groningen have a very nice atmosphere. Rotterdam has futuristic buildings, but many find the atmosphere cold. You can easely travel from city to city by train.

In Amsterdam you can find good weed, hashish, magic mushrooms, smartproducts in shops and if you have good connnections acid and XTC will also be available in very pure form. But do not go to the many street dealers, because if they will not rip you, they will sell you the lowest quality for top money. BTW: the Dutch papers have just noted that the LSD export has restarted in massive amounts. Hope it goes anywhere near you!

4. Sick Jack

Sick Jack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks Alfa,

I think that the travel between shipol and rotterdam must of approx. 1hour or something like that... I'll visit another "spots" next time I go to holland... Perhaps a hotel on the sea side, even if the weather is bad the ambiance must not be worth than in Amsterdam.

And I hope your right and that the acid wave will beat my region... Smart drugs are pretty easy to catch, but not acid... We'll see !

5. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    What's the Coke situation like in Amsterdam?

Availability; is it casual, seasonal, or generally difficult?

...And what can you tell me about quality?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Plenty here. Europe is flooded by coke that comes through the Dutch Antilles to Holland. I don't know about the quality.

7. Sick Jack

Sick Jack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Coke is shit....

8. Addict420

Addict420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    MY buddy and I are planning on traveling toAmsterdam in the summer of 2004. For a couple youngadult fromthe US, who are looking fora safe, but occasionally drug induced good time, what the best places to visit for different drugs?For good Hashish and bud whatcoffee houses are definetly worth the visit.alsointerested in finding some good LSD without being ripped off.Any other tips, facts, or ideas please share...

9. Sick Jack

Sick Jack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would advice you to take shrooms in Dam, which may be fresh or dried (even if it has become illegal...).

One of the best coffee in Dam in my opinion is the Abraxas, it's nice and chill, decorated in a north african style. Good grass, really good shit (cream of marocco...).

Another one is the Amnesia, a nice coffee along a water canal.

I wil advice you too to avoid typical tourists coffees as the Bulldog on Leidesplein... In general, it may be full of people and noisy, not really the Ganja spirit. :p

Have a nice trip in Amsterdam !!! (Even if it's a hopeless hole....)

10. kjell

kjell Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i think you better come to belgium not for the weed but for the coke and acid and go to a big club you can get anything you want antwerp is da place i live there so i know holland is a garantee for tripping with their smart shops and shit but cokelies in belgium

11. Crazysight

Crazysight Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yo what about DMT? Can this be found in Amsterdam? I am thinking about booking a flight for the summer, but if I'm gonnafork over all it's gonna cost I want to make sure I have a complete experience. DMT sounds like a helluvan experience to me. I also want to try the Ibogaine experience, but I know this can be had at local drug treatment centers.

12. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Forget about finding DMT or Iboga in amsterdam from street dealers. You can find it when you look very hard and have the time. Some Smartshops carry DMT containing acacia powder and some carry Iboga. I would go to the smartshops in the center of Amsterdam. You need to go to nearly all of them (+/- 35) before you'll find it.

13. Nmgn-ecstacy

Nmgn-ecstacy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    sick jack man the joke is that Amsterdam is not Holland. Ok in every (big) city in Holland are drugs and coffeeshops. Ofcourse not as much asin Amsterdam but Amsterdam looks veryvery different then the rest of Holland. Amsterdam looks like a shithole but whereI live in Nijmegen is a very nice and cleancity. AndAmsterdam is the only city whohascanals run trought it.Come to Nijmegen and see. And never go to arnhem arnhem is a shithole as well :).

Arnhemmers will know what i mean.

C u in Nijmegen

14. kiddo

kiddo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    waar in antwerpen kan ik het meeste vinden? welke club dan ofzo... grtz
    <SCRIPT language=javascript>postamble();</SCRIPT>

15. P!MPJU!C3

P!MPJU!C3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    What about Utrecht? That large dubbel Canal in the centre of Utrecht is not worth mentioning i guess, huh? I bet your a Nec supporter as well. Better get a box of Kleenex because this going 2 be a very bad season 4 you well Ajax win all the cups including the Champions leaugue. Amsterdam is one of the bests cities in the world 4 many things like drugs, nice and open people and visiting.

2 answer sick jack's question, Amsterdam is by far the nicest city. I understand you want 2 c other cities but I dont think its worth the effort. I understand from many that Groningen and Utrecht r very nice. Im not a fan of these cities. On the cost there also some nice cities like Den Haag, Leiden and Delft. I like the people there.You may want 2 visit these cities as a sort of walk through. I recomend you 2 spend most of your time in Amsterdam though. I was man said:"When you r tired of Londen, you r tired of life." The wise man was high and he thought he was in Londen when he actually was in amsterdam.[;)]

For good drugs u should stay away of street dealers like Alfa said. What you really need in Holland 2 get really good stuff r good connections. I wont name any names of course. But Im sure if you go to the expensive clubs you will find whatever you need, high quality guarenteed.

About that DMT and Iboga stuff, it is hard 2 get this stuff but possible. Just the other day I heard talk of "interisting drugs" coming or being made in Holland. I know one person that sells these "interisting drugs" this is bad news 4 you because the rest that I know dont. This means that these things will be difficult to find.

16. grecian

grecian Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from aruba
    is the coke in belgium worth a journey from london?

17. Joaspah

Joaspah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Don't forget to visit 'De Zaanse Schans' as this is the area where the Dutch ambiguous reputation of a worldwide seafaring/trading-nation started... lol

18. TyaGE

TyaGE Newbie

Reputation Points:

I think Groningen, Maastricht, Utrecht and Amsterdam are the best cities to go to in Holland if you are looking for a good atmosphere. They are all very diverse, livelyand original places.It is commonlythought in Holland that Groningen and Maastricht are pretty far away from the 'big' cities in theWest, but if you consider that Holland is all in all a mini-country sizewise, it really isn't that bad, and it is worth the trip IMHO. Groningen for instance is only 160 kilometres away from Amsterdam and you can reach it from thereby train in +-2,5 hours.The Netherlands is definitely more than only Amsterdam! Especially in the summertime our capital sometimes is nothing more than one big phony tourist-ridden museum&fastfood-sh*thole.Tosee the real Netherlandsyou should travel around a bit in those periods. Under normal circumstances Amsterdam is nice though.

The cities mentioned above are my favorites, but there are ofcourse more places that are ok,like Breda, Tilburg, Arnhem, Nijmegen, Den Bosch, Delft, Leiden, Haarlem. Also some of the smallertowns are worth going to.

I personally don't like the big cities Rotterdam or The Hague (relatively cold and violent atmosphere whenever I am there).Other places to avoid are the soul-less 'growing' towns in and around the BigCity Area (Randstad)in theWest, the places that take up the overflow of peoplegathering to livein that ever-expandingpart of the country, like Zoetermeer and Almere.

Like said above somewhere, coffeeshops (and smartshopsto a lesser extend)can be found in all places that are not too small really, so that isn't anything that should keep you locked in place in Amsterdam.

PS: These are all my opinions, not universal truths. (Just to keep any angry Rotterdam & Hague people at bay. [​IMG])

"I bet your a Nec supporter as well. Better get a box of Kleenex because this going 2 be a very bad season 4 you well Ajax win all the cups including the Champions leaugue."

Ajaks, Vite$$e and Nec (to a lesser extend all suck). PS: This ís a universal truth!</font>

19. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
  20. jan

jan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    holland is a small and pretty insignificant country. ofcourse amsterdam is not a metropolis. it is a nice place but nothing like london, paris, madrid etc. it is more like a village and that is probably it's charm. for a village it IS an excitng place. i don't know any other town that is equally insignificant and small, that still has such a rich cultural life. when you plan on visiting amsterdam, i recommend to go to the very nearby town of ruigoord. a squatted village (consisting of only one street) ruigoord is really unique. it is a hippy colony where cultural events take place ( visit the ruigoord website for all the details, via google ). it has a bit of the "burning man- atmosphere" although smaller, you are likely to fall in love with it. i also like utrecht, wich is very easy to reach from amsterdam by train. utrecht has the oldest and one of the cosiest, most pleasant coffeeshops, named sarasani. groningen is also a nice place, but for dutch standards, relatively far from amsterdam ( about 2 hours by train, utrecht is about 30 minutes) . do not visit the netherlands during wintertime, it's a bit scandinavian then. i would not go to rotterdam, because you have those type of cities everywhere in the world (although the people in rotterdam disagree about this). phoney skyscrapers and office buildings dominate the city centre and the locals consider it to be daringly bold and modern architecture, wich only emphasizes how provincial the place realy is. if you are a tourist, you want to see plaqces that are unique, places that have their own special atmosphere. rotterdam and the hague are not realy like that. another very small town wich is nice and not far from amsterdam, is amersfoort. The belgian towns of gent and brugge are also realy wonderfull. more beautiful then any dutch city, very nearby and liberal towards "consumers". it's easy to buy something in amsterdam and take it with you when you visit belgium.

1. 3/5,
      Great tips. Thank you. (If this was a travel board I would give you some rep point for sure.)
      Jun 17, 2011