need a good cheap vap

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by japes_666, Apr 15, 2007.

1. japes_666

japes_666 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    any suggestions where swim can get a good one in the gta area

2. WhiteRhino420

WhiteRhino420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    in swim's oppinion, there is no such thing as a 'good'/'cheap' vape...
    good ones are expensive as hell...
    find someone to pitch with you

3. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The "cheap" vaporizers are a complete waste of money. Swip has 12 differant voporizers and the only one worth it's price is the Volcano.

4. Buddah

Buddah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes Volcano is ONE of IF not the best vap I had ever used

5. stjbm06

stjbm06 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    VaporWarez (aka Vapor Brothers) vaporizers run about $119-139 USD on Ebay or via wholesalers NEW... They work fantastically, and look stylish. Absolutely NO bad scents or toxins are produced. Easy to become accustomed to its use. Adding a few drops of water makes for a quick and tasty, very light vapor that is extremely inhalable, even for mild smokers. You can easily adjust your intake from a light slow draw or a hard mega-hit. It Takes a few minutes to warm up, has a nice dial to adjust temperature (right in the middle is best for HERBs). The only negatives are that it is not portable (it needs an electrical outlet to supply power to it), and that while the box could look inconspicuous enough, the tubing clearly looks like paraphernalia when after a few dozen uses it gets gunked up with tasty green dust and crystals. ;) That is to say, if you hide the tube, you could probably come up with some excuse for the item, but if anyone finds the tube, it'll be pretty clear from its appearance and its beautiful contents that You was using it for some herbal recreational usage.

However, I can say that the taste of HERBs on this machine is just superb... OVERALL RATING = 9.5/10

NOTE: Be careful about cheap vaps from stand-alone sites that sell nothing else.... usually these are importers/entrepreneurs that do not give a sh** about the quality of their product and have people in India gluing components (such as the metal/ceramic heater!) directly to the pieces which you inhale from! Especially watch out for those that have a bubble top - these are often extremely poorly made and smell like toxic plastic fumes as soon as one turns them on... definitely NOT something anyone who is looking to buy a vaporizer wants to inhale... These Bubble-top vapes are the first generation, shi**yiest ones You could possibly find. Of these varieties, Overall rating = 0 / 10.

Although this next product I have also tried the Vapir 3.0, and had extremely bad/toxic smelling plastic burning fumes from his first time turning it on and then the next 2 times as well... Swim contacted the company and got a replacement (which was a MAJOR pain in the ass), but his SECOND model produced the same toxic scents! No such thing has occurred with the VaporWarez model. Swim cannot give a definitive review on the Vapir product, as he has never actually been able to use it. But please take the fact that 2 out of 2 products produced burning plastic fumes into account before one supports this company! From my experience, this would be a 1/10 product.

In SWIM's humble opinion, he definitely doesn't think spending $450 (on ebay) to $600+ USD for a Volcano is worth it... Unless one makes $65,000 + per year and has few expenses, but one could try to persuade swim otherwise with logical arguments and experiences...

I would like to hear other reviews on such herbal enjoyment products, especially regarding vaporizers and experiences with expensive & inexpensive vaporizers!

Best wishes!

6. stjbm06

stjbm06 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Please share you's experiences!

7. chemlove

chemlove Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    SWIM told me about the volcano as well, for educational purposes i went to a local shop to check it out, but they wanted several hundred dollars. Personally i can't see why anything recreational would be worth making that kinda of investment, but to each his own.

8. senioranon

senioranon Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    The cheapest vaporizers that are semi decent are the light bulb vaporizers- someone I know used to make them and sell them at my college. They cost less than $1 to make, and you can throw them out when you're done, or reuse them. A quick google search should get you instructions.

9. jkolt89

jkolt89 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    not to bust swiy's bubble or anythng but vaporizers that use conduction (where the tobacco touches hot metal) don't work very well and just end up burning the tobacco at the spot where it is touching the hot metal. The only type of vaporizer worth buying/using/making uses convection to move superheated air over and through the tobacco. This produces a nearly invisible smoke and burns the tobacco entirely and evenly. These type of convection vaporizers are pretty expensive but worth it. It may be easier and cheaper to make a light bulb vaporizer (search the forums for instructions) instead. Another option is to use a glass bat, pack it and then light the outside of the bat, while twirling it. Works best with a butane type torch lighter

10. Babylon's Pride

Babylon's Pride Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM just bought an SSV and likes it more than his pet turtles Volcano, he said it was half the price too.

11. Shampoo

Shampoo entity of sorts Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from france
    The Volcano vaporizer is scientifically engineered to deliver perfectly alloted medicinal doses of the intended chemical, without the unwanted bi-products of burning cellulose. As a legal medicinal marijuana patient, I am instructed by both his personal doctor and various medical practitioners at pharmacies that the Volcano is widely considered the only acceptable form of medicinal marijuana administration. A hefty price tag includes (aside from a warranty, instructions, cleaning and repair kit...etc.) an assurance that the highest quality German engineering has gone into the equipment, to insure perfect quality control over the administration of medication. For swiyour recreational purposes, 'smoking a jay with the boys' may be an option, but for those dosing under the auspices of a chronic illness (no pun intended), dosing a necessary 3-4 times per day, ingestion of unwanted resins and tars may be a fatal mistake. There are obvious exceptions, but the vast majority of medical practitioners will recommend that without a Volcano, or a similarly efficient piece of equipment, medical cannabis may be doing its own physical damage in the wake of its awesome healing power.

For more information, see the NORML (National Organization for Reform of Marijuana Law) and MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Study) study on the efficiency of the Volcano Vaporizer:

http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy2.html

first link at the top of the article provides pdf of full original dissertation.

1. 5/5,
      good one
      Jan 3, 2008
  12. nEone

nEone Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^^ SWIM disagrees that the volcano is the only option. The Vapir one unit is a perfectly serviceable unit and considerably less expensive.

The light bulb vap is also an alternative.

glass rods are also being used for the same purpose.

All You needs is an element and a tube. The volcano is a great machine - but it's not without its elitist pretensions. To get a feel for vaporizing, the Vapir and other products are certainly cost effective.

13. violentcheetah

violentcheetah Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from U.S.A.
    I agree with the volcano. 'nuff said.:vibes:

14. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Vapor Bros. or similar designs are good for the price. FYI, the local head shop staff told me that the prices on Volcano products will be going up significantly, or possibly cease to be distributed, in the US sometime soon, though I've been unable to substantiate that. Possible evidence is that, in checking around, I noticed that several vendors are out of stock.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  15. Joe_Pinko

Joe_Pinko Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I used the Eagle Bill Shake and Vape pipe during a recent trip to Amsterdam. SWIM reported that it was simple to use, and very reasonably priced.

16. Dark_Man_Of_Peace

Dark_Man_Of_Peace Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The only type of vap. I have ever used is a light bulb vap. Very easy to make and only takes about 5-15 min. to make. Best if the lid is metal.

17. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I bought a vapir a while back and found it to work. Downside is anability to regulate the vapor produced and a few accidents where it burned the product. Overall it worked and I did not notice any plastic fumes. However, I would be interested to try something else sometime (maybe vapor bros.). The glass pipe vaps are too hard to*control.

18. OzzBozz

OzzBozz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    the volcano vaporizer is the best way to go. I agree with everyone else ... also, you can actually taste the herb very well! Its delicious! If you're a bit shorter on money, you can make a vaporizer with a heatgun and a bong... just google heatgun vaporizer etc. on google.

19. Coconut

Coconut Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Save up for a Volcano or make a cheap light bulb one (make sure it's perfectly clean before use!)

Conduction vaporisers are fairly shit, however. Convection is the way to go.