Need Advice! Sober Friends!

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Lordsora, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Lordsora

Lordsora Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    I have never done ecstasy before. I have been very interested in doing it for about 2 years now and I finally started researching it. So now I have plans to do it in the near future

The setting will be in my own house so its comfortable and I will have two close friends over. Now here is the thing....

Both the friends are going to be sober. One of them has done e before but they were very young and don't really remember it. They had a "troubled past". But they know how to handle themself and I trust em. The other is another close friend who is interested in how I will react to the drug lol. They even said they were going to "flirt" with me to see how I react. (Which is fine by me :p).

After reading many posts on the forums I have seen that everytime people do E, everyone seems to do it. Or if they do it, others are smoking weed, or getting drunk or are on some altered state of mind.

I also notice a lot of people saying that people on E look stupid (from a sober perspective). A "funny" kind of stupid or a bad kind of stupid?

Anyway the main question is: Will it be bad having my friends be Sober? Will I not be able to connect with them? Will I not be as open? Will it ruin my roll?

They aren't going to be doing it, that is a guarenteed. I personally don't mind it, but I have never done E before and am not sure if it may hamper or ruin the mood.

The way I see it is that I will sorta entertain them by acting weird or w/e and they will entertain me by "flirting with me" and just interacting with me. But will them being sober hamper that?

Anyone have any advice or guidance for me? Really appreciate anything you have to offer.

2. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM researched and researched and researched and could even say she basically knew all she could know about MDMA, before she finally got her hands on it. She's only had one experience, but that experience was wonderful. One important thing that I took from the experience is that, she doesn't realize why anyone would take MDMA, to get "fucked up", because I was far from being "fucked up", she knewn exactly what was going on, her motor skills were perfect, her vison was better than normal, and so and so on..So, I think it would be a great experience to share with sober friends, considering that they will be there to keep you safe, and commonly people are much more open while on MDMA, so that should answer one of your questions. Most people agree on saying that while on MDMA, sex is great, yet I don't know this from experience but if you search this forum, you'll be sure to find alot of information on that. Basically my point is, that you should defiantly be fine, and you're probably going to have one of the best night's of your life. Just go with the flow and all should be well! Hope you have a wonderful experience!

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    My advice is that you read the rules for the forums especially regards self-incrimination. Dont use SWIM or something to denote your lab rat that may some day try this. Big Brother is lurking. If you were not a one-post newbie, I'd issue you a formal warning.

Other than that, most lab rats would see right through it's pals minds on such, and wouldn't give a flying fig what their friends thought. Make sure your rat has some nice music to listen to, and some liquids (non-alcoholic) to maintain hydration with. Fruit juice is good for rats.

4. hazeinmybong2

hazeinmybong2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    When I amn't rolling and someone with me is, I vibe off them. I feel good just listening to how good they feel. Although I have rolled before so I understand where they are. I don't think you have to worry about looking stupid, that didn't really happen to me until I have rolled a few times. I get a real distorted looking face, like bitter beer face kinda. I don't think you have to worry about it the first time though. Does anyone else experience the roll-face?

5. Lordsora

Lordsora Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    SWIM wanted to thank you for the advice. I said that he will continue doing research but is more at ease. If anyone else has any advice, it is greatly greatly appreciated.

6. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have done E with others who are not taking the drug before, although the first time the two people I was with were doing it. This was good because I felt like I was sharing an experience with them and could really let my defences down and my inhibitions go. Doing it "alone" is good in a different way: you are experiencing something that the others aren't which makes you want to share your happiness with them more, and it almost gives you a sense of "power" over them, but not in an arrogant oir egotistical way, more in that you feel your emotions or thinking is operating on a different level. The main thing is that the others you are with should be really comfortable with it and they should be people you know well and would share your heart and soul with. It would be better if they had something to do too, and the evening wasn't centred around watching you pilling, because this might make you feel a bit self-conscious. Maybe if they were drinking and/or smoking pot, or even just having fun watching a movie, playing poker, playing on a computer game, generally messing around etc.

Be careful though. I kind of came on really strong to a friend of mine who happened to be a girl once (hugging her loads, attempting to kiss her . . .) while pilling "alone". Luckily she understood, but things were a tiny bit awkward for a week or two, and it could have been a lot worse.

7. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    then again while under the influence of the drug you may get upset in a way that your friends are running experiments on you such as flirting with you, asking you a ton of questions, ect. I know i would, but that is me. Who knows it could turn out fun (actually im sure you will have a good time with it, but maybe not to it's full potential). IMO it would be more of a shared special experience if they rolled too with you. So maybe see if they would be interested, dont force though. Just my opinion, im sure you will have fun either way.