Dose - Need some info on diphenhydramine: 300mg enough to trip?

Discussion in 'Deliriant antihistamines' started by Stoners_Life, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Stoners_Life

Stoners_Life Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ok here we go S.W.I.M. has just taken 300mg of diphenhydramine (Benadryl) S.W.I.M. took 200mgs about an hour ago and is now feeling a little heavy and slowed down S.W.I.M. just took another 100mgs so 300mgs in total S.W.I.M. is

6'3
    280 pounds

S.W.I.M wonders if he has taken enough will he get a good trip or does he need more he has never done shrooms or anything and doesnt know how he will do if he starts to hallucinate although S.W.I.M does smoke Mary j quite frequently any help on what to expect or if he should take more and hows the trip at 300mg

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I will likely feel very sleepy and nod off. Or feel some odd, and for most people unpleasant, physical sensations. The hallucinations on this can be dangerous as one can't tell they are not real. Hence one could unknowingly injure themself- falling down the stairs, walking into a busy street.

Drugs like diphenhydramine are fine for their intended uses, but not as recreational substances. Hopefully I have passed out at his keyboard by now and will stay asleep until the drug wears off.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  3. Stoners_Life

Stoners_Life Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    thanx for the help S.W.I.M. ended up with 450mgs S.W.I.M felt very drowsy and kinda drunk but no hallucinations or anything

4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    thats probably the best kind of diphenhydramine trip, then. the hallucinations with those trips are really more of delusions, since as nagog said, theres little way to discern the hallucinations from reality during the trip. most people actually feel quite dysphoric during it as well, which is the exact opposite of the happiness that most would desire from a good recreational substance.

I would reccomend looking into some of the more rewarding, user-friendly hallucinogens for a positive first experience, if You is going to experiment with such things.

5. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I did this once or twice at low doses. Gave his body a very aweful feeling, restless legs, etc. It was't horrible, since he didn't go too high. Had pattern visuals (floor tiles kind of popping up, wavy haze over walls), but nothing special, and definately something I will never do again... because he knows about REAL drugs.

6. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    lol I made the mistake of doing benadryl (trips).... big mistake, the trip was horrible but the next day even worse. like said in the above posts swim barely had noticeable hallucinations though he would move something but then come back and it be in the same spot... delusions, so ye if someone wants to pretend to be delusional go for it (sarcasm alert).

7. Stoners_Life

Stoners_Life Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    after S.W.I.M took the 450mgs he felt very very drunk no hallucinations but then S.W.I.M. discovered 450mgs of benadryl plus a couple of bowls is an awesome combo

8. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Why did do you think this?

9. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Alfa I believe you question is regarded toward Stoner but swim also enjoys benadryl and cannabis, but not at that dosage. Swim likes mixing 50-100mg with a few bowls or even better 100mg with dxm with cannabis. I feel benadryl gives a slightly dreamy feeling and the anti nasaua feeling though nice isnt why I use it since other than cactus few things make swim puke.

10. MaggotxChild

MaggotxChild Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    Re: Need some info on diphenhydramine

I disagree with a lot of you guys. Certain drugs are for certain people. I love diphenhydramine. I never hallucinate, and ive taken 700 mg's before, but i love the body high. Only advice for it is don't snort it! Burns like a mofo but it hits you like a brick. Really high really fast, that is if you can stand the pain. It could make a grown man cry. i plan to try and smoking the powder in a bowl tommorow, and hopefully i get the effects. My guess is that it cant stand the heat, but we'll see!

11. sarbanes

sarbanes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Need some info on diphenhydramine

Cocaine-Like Neurochemical Effects of Antihistaminic Medications

ABSTRACT

The pattern of activation of dopamine neurotransmission in the nucleus accumbens (NAc) of rats produced by H1 histamine antagonists which have behavioral effects like those of psychostimulant drugs was examined. Diphenhydramine and (+)-chlorpheniramine were compared to triprolidine, a potent and selective H1 antagonist, and (-)-chlorpheniramine, which is less active than its enantiomer at H1 receptors. Affinities of the drugs at DA, serotonin, and norepinephrine transporters, at H1 receptors, and potencies for DA uptake inhibition in striatal synaptosomes were determined to assess mechanisms by which the compounds increased DA levels. Intravenous diphenhydramine (1.0-3.0 mg/kg), (+)- and (-)-chlorpheniramine (1.0-5.6 mg/kg), but not triprolidine (1.0-3.0 mg/kg) elicited a cocaine-like pattern of stimulation of DA transmission, with larger effects in the NAc shell than core. The absence of stereospecific effects with chlorpheniramine enantiomers, along with the lack of an effect with triprolidine suggest that the effects on DA transmission were not related to H1 receptor antagonism. Although in vivo potencies were not directly related to DA transporter affinities, it is hypothesized that actions at that site, modulated by other actions, possibly those at the serotonin transporter, are primarily responsible for the neurochemical actions of the drugs on DA neurotransmission, and might underlie the occasional misuse of these medications.

Tags: