Question - Need Some Quick Tips for Dealing With (minor) Opiate Withdraw.

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by Rexcavator, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Rexcavator

Rexcavator Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Basically I've had some what "under-control" addiction to poppy seed tea for about 3 months now. This first month it was daily and I decided that being a slave to pst was a shitty way to go so I quit cold turkey for about 2 weeks, enough time for all withdraw symptoms to subside except anhedonia and extreme boredom, which did subside eventually. So since then I've been using again twice a week every week which only yielded mild hot flashes/sweating and knee and heel aches that would last for about 2 days and leave me with, again, anhedonia. Which the anhedonia is the worst of all I can't even watch tv.

With that said, its Sunday now and and I used one last time late today, and the withdraws don't really occur until after about 2-3 days due to the many alkaloids/half life of pst. Anyways, I'm going on family vacation for the whole week of thanksgiving and I plan to use that time to completely drop this crap and soon after vacation I have a drug to
    test.

So what I'm seeking any and all advice/insights that anyone can provide as well as tips for dealing with the minor symptoms that are soon to occur, especially the anhedonia. I just need some sort of advice that will make me a "normal" person during this vacation because I'd really like to enjoy it rather than be bed ridden and unhappy for days (been there done that lol). Lastly, some sort of info on whether or not that will be enough time for my system to lose that drug so I can pass the drug test.

Oh and im 170lbs, 6'1", and am prescribed 100mg Zoloft for anxiety/depression, trazodone 100-150mg for sleep, and 15mg adderall IR twice daily.

2. la fee brune

la fee brune Titanium Member Sponsor

Reputation Points:
    from Cowtown
    A week should be long enough to get through the worst of it. The idea that opium withdrawal lasts longer than other opiate withdrawal because of the long half lives of certain alkaloids is erroneous. In terms of dependence and withdrawal, you only need to be concerned about the alkaloids which bind to opiate receptors, and those are morphine, codeine, and thebaine. In my experience, the duration of the withdrawal from opium is similar to that of prescription opioids.

The word "detox" is kind of a misnomer. The body is only flushing out the drug for the first few days, but the reason that withdrawal and PAWS last longer than that is that long-term opiate use causes your brain to stop producing endorphins, which are like endogenous opiates, and it takes a while for production to return to normal.

Exercise and distraction are the key to dealing with the shitty "blah" feeling, in my opinion. I know exercise is probably the last thing you'll feel like doing, but it helps. If you have something you can take to sleep through some of it, that helps too.

3. Rexcavator

Rexcavator Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I appreciate the dfuck out of your reply, i really do. However, it's been almost a week ago since then and my plan wasn't to use one more time then trash the remaining seeds and thus use this next 1.5 week(s) as sort of a detox since I'll be on beach somewhere and on vacation (literally lol).

I even ended up breaking down due to the joint pains d other w/d symptoms and telling my primary doc what was up. Long Tory short she didn't believe me most likely due to doctors thinking poppy tea is just some street lingo. But on the bright side she gave me a script for a two months supply of 0.5mg of xanax and then today my psych gave me a clonidine script and both of these were sprescribed simply due to a long time running medical history i have of severe panic attacks (xanax reason) and insomnia (clonidine reason). So even though I was not able to get any help therapeutically per-say I still scored as far as getting a classic drug combo for fighting w/ds.

And yes yes don't worry I'm not going to abuse the xanax I've been on it on and off for a while and I don't find it all that addicting.

So yea I appreciate the help man! But I'm already almost 72 hours in and managing just fine.