Oral use - never drink kratom tea.. heres why

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by chronman, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chronman

chronman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    I got an "ounce" of my premium kratom leaves yesterday.. it definitly didnt look like 28 grams.. it was only enough for ~8 tablespoons, and it was already all crushed up (meaning it could've been slightly less fresh). Well, me and my friend decided to try making the tea. we put cups of water in the microwave for 4 minutes, and used half the bag in both our cups. now, I've read from this wonderful forum that many people make the tea and dont filter out the kratom cus it'll help it last longer. well, this tea was the most bitter, disgusting, foul tasting drink we've ever had. why would anyone ever recommend drinking this shit. ever post on this forum should say, MIX KRATOM WITH AS MUCH SHIT AS POSSIBLE TO MASK THE TASTE. (i know that there are plenty of posts that mention its bad taste). well anyway, after the longest 10 minutes of our lives we finished the tea. and we never fealt anything...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2008
  2. tinytom

tinytom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would suggest boiling the leaves for a bit longer in a pot over a stove, swim also thinks that the addation of honey to kratom makes it quite nice actually.

3. chronman

chronman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    how would boiling it longer help?

4. 0utrider

0utrider Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from tajikistan
    AW: never drink kratom tea.. heres why

well maybe you got a bad source

first, you dont have to actually make a tea. just mix it straight with cold water (not letting it sit) and down it. almost no taste (since it didn dissolve into the water).

second: watch your sources. 28g and premuim is a lot, usually of "normal" 10g u should defnitiley feel a good buzz, i'd say its even too much for some people.

the same for many of the so-called extracts, they usually dont work as well, or at least 10x 1g equals NOT 10g leafs.
    in the wiki page theres a nice post about kratom, if i were you i'd give it a second shot, maybe trying it in (big) empty capsules if you dont like the taste.

5. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm waiting to find out why to NEVER drink kratom tea. You did a lousy job their first time, therefore no one should ever make kratom tea? Please inform.

I've said it a zillion times before - fancy kratom products are a waste of money, buy plain crushed leaf.

6. 0utrider

0utrider Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from tajikistan
    AW: never drink kratom tea.. heres why

yeah.. thats what i wanted to say in short. i totally agree, even though some (a few) people disagree, but for "beginners" i recommend first trying the real deal and then moving on to seemingly sophisticated products

7. Devotchka

Devotchka Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    I don't think that's true. I had to try Kratom in many diff. ways and try many diff. kinds of Kratom before he got very pleasant effects. He must've used it like almost 10 times before he even felt anything. The first few times I got Bali Kratom in Capsule form and emptied 10 capsules into a glass of water and downed it. That worked out very well so Swim hopes that helps.

8. Dark_Man_Of_Peace

Dark_Man_Of_Peace Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    We would recommend drinking that "shit" because we know that the euphoria it produces is well worth the "shitty" taste. Also, I don't know where you puchased this "premium" kratom, but if it did not produce the kratom euphoria you should not order from that place again. Also, if you are not using it with shamanic intent it may not work.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2008
  9. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM caps kratom. San Pedro and kratom make SWIM regurgitate involuntarily as soon as it hits SWIM's throat. Mixing powdered leaf with applesauce or chocolate pudding works well too. I get good effect from capping - it just takes about 20-30 min longer to kick in.
    I recently has been using a kratom cake extract which I have been dissolving in boiling water. SWIM actually finds it quite effective and not nearly as repulsive. This is one of the few extract preparations I have found worthwhile, though leaf is still the best.

10. Intoxicating Dreams

Intoxicating Dreams Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    Swim mixes 10 X standardized Kratom with flavored yogurt. Starts with 1 Tablespoon to about 1/2 cup yogurt. Wait 45 minutes and dose again, if needed.
    Swim will be experimenting with the crushed leaf again, but her red veined Kratom tea and yogurt/applesauce mix with leaf was hard to get down and had NO effects.

11. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Man, I was just thinking there weren't enough kratom ingestion method threads around here. :) And just in the nick of time for Eddie who has been mistakenly consuming kratom tea all these years. :thumbsup:

12. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.