1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Experiences - **NEW** F-Phenibut Experience

Discussion in 'Nootropics' started by Bro Smurf66, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Bro Smurf66

Bro Smurf66 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I ordered some F-Phenibut the first day it came out (from the company I usually order from). It is said to be around 5-10x more potent than Phenibut HCL. I tested a 200mg dose of F-Phenibut, and it felt like 2-3 grams of Phenibut HCL. The onset started to come on at the 1 hour mark, and gradually 'built up' until it peaked at 3-4 hours after dosing. The total duration was about 8-9 hours. It seemed like it was less stimulating and more sedating than Phenibut HCL, but I'm 95% sure it was due to the potency: 200mg F-Phenibut felt like 2-3 grams Phenibut HCL, while I usually take 1.2 grams Phenibut HCL, so this was probably the reason why I was more sedated.

Today (2nd time testing) I tried 130 mg F-Phenibut. It felt like my normal 1.2 gram dose of Phenibut HCL, although it didn't hit me as fast as the HCL, which usually gives me an energy boost and makes me super talkative. It sort of reminds me of a cross between Phenibut HCL and F.A.A. in terms of duration and intensity.

Not many people have tested this compound yet, so I thought I'd let our DF family know about it! Feel free to ask any questions. It might take me a few days to respond, so please be patient. Thanks!

2. Adas

Adas Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o Male from Slovakia
    Fluorinated phenibut? That would look similar to Baclofen. Baclofen is a GABA-B agonist, Phenibut is mostly Ca2+ channel blocker. This could explain the difference.

3. Jonathan James Jones

Jonathan James Jones Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I don't know man, I'd say phenibut's got a whole of GABA agonism going on. It sure does feel like it. I know when my GABA system's going - the effects are unmistakable. At least for the first 2 or 3 hours phenibut feels very benzo-ish....at Hour 4 though it shifts course and feels like I'm surging with adrenaline.

4. Bro Smurf66

Bro Smurf66 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Yeah Phenibut is definitely a GABA-B agonist, and is also a potent VGCC (Voltage-Gated Calcium Channel) Blocker, similar to Gabapentin and Pregabalin (and Baclofen to some extent).

Just because Phenibut is a weaker Gaba-B agonist than Baclofen by weight doesn't necessarily mean it's mostly a Ca2+ channel blocker.

Baclofen is "β-(4-chlorophenyl)-γ-aminobutyric acid", while Phenibut is β-(phenyl)-γ-aminobutyric acid. The only difference in the molecular structure of Baclofen and Phenibut is that Baclofen has a Chlorine tacked on the end of the Phenibut structure.

F-Phenibut is 'Fluorinated' Phenibut, while Baclofen is like 'Chlorinated' Phenibut.

@jonjones (nice name haha)-- I wonder if your body realizes that there's above normal levels of GABA in your system after the 4 hour mark and your body releases norepinephrine to counteract it while the GABA wears off, leaving you more stimulated? Just a theory. The human body is always trying to reach homeostasis!

5. Adas

Adas Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o Male from Slovakia
    "Subsequent research has found that phenibut also binds to and potently blocks α2δ subunit-containing voltage-gated calcium channels (VGCCs), similarly to gabapentin and pregabalin. Both enantiomers of phenibut show this action with similar efficacy. Moreover, the R-enantiomer possesses five-fold greater affinity for this site relative to the GABAB receptor, while the S-enantiomer does not bind to the GABAB receptor at all. As such, phenibut is likely to have much greater effect on α2δ subunit-containing VGCCs than on the GABAB receptor." - Wikipedia

Here you have it. The Wikipedia article had been expanded a lot lately.