New functions: Member rating, referals, chat room, file upload & multimedia.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Alfa, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    It is now possible to rate threads and members. Both in positive and negative way. If you find a member very helpfull or mainly posting BS, you can rate him / her accordingly. The same goes for topics. With doing so, you add to the reputation of the member and help other members checking out interesting threads and members.

It is also possible to invite members here. Referrals are noted in your profile and counted for your membership upgrade. Do not spam other forums.

Platinum members now have a Chat room.

As you may have noted it is now possible to upload or view documents, video, audio, software, torrents & other files to Drugs Forum's file archive

There also is a news section where you can watch the latest Drug news coverage video's. We are looking for newshawks, so if you see / hear interesting news coverage, please look it up online and post it.

Also for our Dutch members it is now possible to view the forum in Dutch language. Simply scroll to the bottom of the page and set your language.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  2. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Alfa, would it be possible to reverse this so that we illiterate Americans can read the Dutch and German forums in English?

3. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    lol, this relates to the forum software itself. Instead of a 'quick reply' button, the Dutch have a 'snel reageren' button.
    But if you want to read the dutch forum, you can translate text or total pages here: http://babelfish.altavista.com/

4. 600538411

600538411 600538411 Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from bahamas_the
    Keep Up The Good Work!!!!

Very nice work Alfa... Your doing a great job, really!!! :)

5. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    You've outdone yourself once again Alfa. This forum is comming together quite nicely. I thought the migration would be messy, but the forum is running better than ever. I definately like the idea of being able to rate threads, members, ect.

6. PhoenixOnPhire

PhoenixOnPhire Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hey, just wanted to show appreciation somehow for having this forum. Alot of the other ones you have to pay for or are just too hard to understand. This place has been very helpful in the past year, maybe even saved a few lives.

thanx

7. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    New smilies

We now have new smilies:
    :crazy (< :snort: :smoking: :smoker: :hoover: :joint: :yes-no: :eek:fftopic: :beer :smoker:

8. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    KICK ASS! now how do i access these smilies?? i dont see them in the reply window

Muirner

9. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Me either, been lookin for a while though.

10. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Have you noticed that there are 2 ways to reply? Quick reply and by clicking 'post reply'. If you either 'go advanced' from the quick reply box or go directly to 'post reply' you will find the smileys on the right side of the message. Not all smilies are displayed. you need to click on 'more'.
    :snort: :snort: :snort: :snort: :snort: :snort:

11. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    :smoker: yes these new smilies rock.:beer . And so far we are all on a distinguished road!:joint: oooooo ya.

12. Motorhead

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    So the chat is available to Gold members as well? I popped in just to see what would happen. What happened to change your mind on the chat anyway out of curiousity. I always thought there would be no chat because of dealing. Its funny cause in the old forum there were many requests for chat and now i have yet to see more than 2 people using it at once lol

13. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    I've been in when there is like 6 or 7 people....not too sure if just not everyone knows about it or just people don't like to use it....

14. wertfun

wertfun Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from finland
    I never liked chating, it makes too familiar and soucy the relationship.

15. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    As a long-time chat manager/host, I'll tell you what I see: Chat is a dying art. Two reasons for this mostly. 1. Idiots took over chat on the net. Telling fat lies and breeding ignorance. It gave real communication a bad name. So most of those who chatted quit. Leaving the insane running the asylum. 2. Fear. Many folks are afraid to actually communicate in real time with others. The culture, in general, is becoming increasingly xenophobic. And chat, by it's definition, is a form of public speaking. Most people are afraid of doing that as well.

Give it a try, if you like. No one will bite you if you are real and care to share. If not, okay too. If it gets out of hand, let us know. We won't let the chat here deteriorate into the crap you may have encountered elsewhere. Bad jokes, gentle kicks in the ribs, hideous conundrums are accepted. Grandiose lies, hate speech, and trying to "hook up" will be met and dealt with.

16. Ninja Master

Ninja Master Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    great thread, it got a 5 rating out of me! my only question for this is how would the member "reputation" be displayed? not how to say yay or nay to the member, how do i tell what the member has on the reputation meter?

Z

17. Motorhead

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    I noticed that when u put your mouse pointer over the little green box under your post count it gives a message. Right now everyone is on a distinguished road. I think this is the meter you talk about.

18. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    This has just changed. Everyone which has not recieved more than 10 positive reputation ratings, is an unknown quantity at this point. The ratings of gold and platinum members and those who have high reputation levels have most impact. Newbies can not rate.

Newbies are automaticly upgraded to silver members when reaching a certain reputation level.

19. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I like the new features and has just started making use of them. One question though. Should you rate every thread or just those that are either excellent or horrible. The general idea seems to be to inform members of the good and bad topics.

So which topics should you rate? Should you limit yourself and only rate topics which you feel members should be alerted about, weather good or bad? Should you rate every thread you post in, and also, should you keep from rating a threat which you have not posted in?

20. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I used to try to rate every thread i visit, however because it requires the page to re load i have strayed away from it. Unless it is exceptionally good or bad.

I dont know if its just me or if this happens for everybody, but when i look at the bar below that says currently active users viewing this thread, theres a + sign next to my name as well as on the main page showing all members on line. Is this something specific or does everyone have that next to their own names?