1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug info - New gravel drug?

Discussion in 'Unidentified Products' started by scorch0062, Jan 31, 2014.

1. scorch0062

scorch0062 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from U.S.A.
    Anyone heard about this new drug called gravel? I have reports of it being sold as possible mdma powder and was wondering if anyone had any information on it especially in terms of harm reduction if unknowingly ingested.

2. Alien Sex Fiend

Alien Sex Fiend Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
  3. Beenthere2Hippie

Beenthere2Hippie The Constant Optimist Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Seems like this drug consists of methamphetamine , Klonopin and bath salts and is considered highly dangerous, with its most concerning side effect being extreme paranoia to the point of some users attempting suicide. Here's a news video that will give you the complete lowdown.

For video go here.

4. Alien Sex Fiend

Alien Sex Fiend Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I think that part about methamphetamine , Klonopin and bath salts was made up by another sad journalist. sounds like a ridiculous mix up. the only time this gravel was tested it came up as alpha-PV. then Im not surprised about paranoia and psychosis and suicidal. it looks like a typical saltlike research chemical. another chinese product

5. scorch0062

scorch0062 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from U.S.A.
    Any noteworthy tells of the substance such as taste smell or look as compared to mdma powder?

scorch0062 added 8 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Or is it also impossible to tell without a test kit? I just want to know if there is anything I should watch for as I have no test kit and do not plan on trying this substance.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  6. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    Invest in a pill testing kit. If 'gravel' contains any of the aforementioned substances, then the combined results of Marquis, Mecke, Mandelin and Simon's reagent testing would not be consistent with those of MDMA.

7. Beenthere2Hippie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I quote from the site Govslaves.info:

A new synthetic drug named 'Gravel' is sweeping the nation. And ER doctors are scared.

It’s highly addictive and makes users dangerously paranoid, to the point of suicide. It also causes paranoia, kidney failure, hallucinations. These synthetic drugs are changing so fast, that the feds can’t keep up.

“The evolution of these drugs is providing a challenge for toxicology screens,” said Terrence Boos, a chemist in the DEA’s Drug and Chemical Evaluation Section. “When someone is presenting at an emergency department, they are presenting with an unknown drug in their system.”

source: http://govtslaves.info/dangerous-ne...erground-bathsalts-mix-draining-er-resources/

*There is also a video from ABC News that is now up on our site: https://drugs-forum.com/forum/local_links.php?catid=234&linkid=13148

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  8. scorch0062

scorch0062 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from U.S.A.

9. Beenthere2Hippie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hey, Scorch-

It seems there is no way to know. Short of a test kit, you will have to take the DEA's word for the fact that the contents of this and other bath salt-like products are constantly changing, and it's therefore impossible to be exact on what is in these products.

As far as your original question about what possible harm reduction can be used when someone unknowingly ingesting this drug, the answer would be if any of the symptoms mentioned in the writings or videos on gravel come to fruition, get the person in question to an emergency room ASAP. Don't fool around with this stuff. Period.

10. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Sounds like alpha-pvp

11. Beenthere2Hippie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You may be right, but wouldn't the DEA have known that if it was? Wouldn't they say that?

12. scorch0062

scorch0062 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from U.S.A.
    Ok, I have in my possession the maybe mdma maybe gravel substance. I might post a picture up later of it, mostly powder with a few fluffy chunks. I will try and have a testing kit delivered soon so I can also test it for reference to those on the board as I am pretty sure it is gravel.

13. Beenthere2Hippie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If you've decided to buy a test kit after reading posts here, then this whole thread was worth it. : ) But no one will be able to tell you a thing from a picture of white powder. It will look no different than a hundred other white powder possibilities.

14. stryder09

stryder09 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Gravel: human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria?

News reports surfaced over the past few days about a new drug named “gravel”.

Yes, gravel…what a great name.

A new drug! Worst drug I’ve seen in years! Most dangerous drug ever!

Oh, the hyperbole!

But, what is it?

This news article states that it is a combination drug of methamphetamine, Klonopin (clonazepam) and "bath salts".

And these YouTube videos (1 and 2) from November 2013 state it's a drug sweeping the nation...
    "Last year we were dealing with bath salts...and this year, it's gravel..."

"Gravel is the new drug...it's like the new 'crack'...it's like 'crack' for my generation."

In all my dealings with emerging drugs and substances, I have heard the term "gravel" used in reference to one specific research chemical: Alpha-PVP or alpha-pyrrolidinopentiophenone.

Alpha-PVP, patented in 1967, is a substituted cathinone that is structurally related to methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV) and pyrovalerone with the main structural differences being a 3,4-methylendioxyl and methyl group respectively. MDPV and pyrovalerone have been shown to affect dopamine and norepinephrine in the body. The pharmacological mechanism of action for alpha-PVP is thought to be similar, but it is unknown at this time as no published data is available regarding in vivo or in vitro activity. It has a molecular formula C15H21NO and a molecular weight equal to 231.3 g/mol. Alternative names for this substance are PVP and desmethylpyrovalerone. On January 28, 2014, the US federal government filed a notice of intent to use its emergency scheduling powers to place alpha-PVP, along with 9 other cathinones into Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.

There are some earlier news articles that seem to corroborate that "gravel" is alpha-PVP.

From August 2013, this article states that common names for alpha-PVP are "gravel" and "ice".

From October 2013, this article states that the substance is alpha-PVP and it is often mixed with other substances such as methamphetamine and Klonopin (the same previously mentioned substances again?)

From November 2013, this article states “gravel” is a street term used to describe a substance containing the compound alpha-PVP…”

Another article from November 2013 states "approximately 64 grams of what was thought to be “gravel” was found. “Gravel” is a synthetic drug that contains the chemical Pyrrolidinopentiophenone (Alpha-PVP)."

A new article from January 27, 2014 states that lab results show that confiscated material was positive for alpha-PVP. This article also shows a rather graphic picture of a user's arm who was supposedly injecting the "gravel" material. I have seen this picture floating around Facebook and Twitter today along with a story of a user who had been injecting the "gravel" substance.

So, if this "new" drug "gravel" is truly alpha-PVP, then it is not new at all and honestly not worthy of such hysteria. Alpha-PVP has been commonly found in "bath salt" powders, tablets, and associated products since 2011 when it became an MDPV replacement after MDPV's placement into Schedule I. Much like other synthetic stimulants and cathinone substances, it has been associated with death or contributing to cause of death. It is commonly monitored in cathinone, stimulant, or "bath salt" laboratory assays. And as with any street product or "bath salt" concoction, one can never be sure if the drug is cut with an agent or if it is undiluted active ingredient or if it even contains a drug substance at all.

In conclusion:

1. "Gravel" is the name for a drug substance that contains Alpha-PVP.
    2. "Gravel" may or may not contain other substances.
    3. "Gravel" has been in existence for a few years.

I'm hoping to head this one off at the pass unlike the krokodil hysteria that was perpetuated by the media at the end of 2013. With the pictures that I have seen on social media and the recent news article proliferation, it may be difficult, but let's hope we can...

Cheers,

ForensicToxGuy

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear."

Can be found with links at:

http://dosemakespoison.blogspot.com/2014/01/gravel-human-sacrifice-dogs-and-cats.html?m=1

15. mandy23

mandy23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from england
    In my opinion you can't really trust the news on things like this they'll just shove shot down our throughts in order to gain support on the war on drugs but would be interested to read a trip report if anybody has actuly tried this drug, but I do not support the use research chemicals as I think the risk far outweighs the benifits no point fucking yourself up for the sake of one night when you could quite easily go to your friendly neighbourhood drug dealer and buy some coke or whatever your preferrd drug may be lol

Tags: