new herbs to try

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by sands of time, Jan 5, 2005.

1. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    There are two new herbs at my herb source called intoxicating mint and Petunia violacea. Does anyone know anything about these herbs such as common doses and normal experiences?

2. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ipomoea violacea is morning glory, possibly just a typo. Intoxicating mint http://www.erowid.org/plants/lagochilus/lagochilus.shtmlmight be worth a try though.
    <DT>USES :
    <DD>Leaves of shrub are dried and made into tea as an intoxicant. Acts as a tranquilizer, intoxicant, and mild hallucinogen.</DD>

A mint tea can't taste to bad, right[​IMG]

Peace,

D.

3. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    No, the herb is called Petunia violacea. I never heard of it before but it is a species of petunia that has been used for recreational purposes. I have not been able to find typical doses for these two herbs however.

4. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="95%" align=center>
    <T>
    <TR bgColor=#aabbaa>
    <TD =table>Entheogenic Preparation</TD></TR>
    <TR bgColor=#eeeeee>
    <TD =table>Dried leaves and flowers are boiled with sugar and honey to make a tea. Sometimes mixed with stems, fruits or toasted leaves. Honey and sugar are often added to reduce their bitterness. Drying and storage increase their aromatic fragrance. Usage: 5 grams per person.</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

5. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    <BLOCKQUOTE>

<A name=SHANIN>SHANIN</A> (Petunia violacea) is one of the most recently reported hallucinogens. It is taken by the Indians in Ecuador to induce the sensation of flight. Although an alkaloid of unknown identity hos been reported from this species of petunia, phytochemical investigation of petunias is urgently needed.
    Some 40 species of petunias grow in Sauth America and in warmer parts of North America. Members of the nightshade family, Solanaceae, they are closely allied to the genus Nicotiana (tobacco). Petunia violacea as well as other species are horticulturally important. Cultivated varieties, with their attractive, funnel-shaped blooms, are popular garden flowers that bloom profusely throughout the summer months.

[​IMG]

D.</BLOCKQUOTE>

6. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Babble fish was no help to this, but 2-3grams is the same in any language. This is for the petunia

Traditionellt rökes örten men man kan ocksågöra te av den.
    Gör te av 2-3 gram så ger den ettpsykedeliskt/marijuanaliknande rus
    utan att vara visuellthallucinogen.

D.

7. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the info! Hopefully I will be trying these within the next few months and I will report the experience.

8. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    So far from what I have seen the doses for the petunia range from 10-15 grams but few people are reporting any effects... The ones who are getting the good effects are using plant material grown in Argentina. I'm still not sure on the dose ranges for intoxicating mint however so I might wait a bit before I make a purchase.

9. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The one in green is for the mint.

D.

10. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    O ok, I will definately be ordering this stuff this weekend then and hopefully in about 2 weeks I will be able to try them.

11. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    post your experience here

12. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    I will for sure. I might also write some for erowid since they are lacking in reports for these herbs. I'm actually kinda excited because I read some pretty positive reports at other places.

13. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    I got my herbs today.

I tried the petunia first. A warm water extraction was done with about 13 grams of material. I did not boil or even get the water very hot because rumor has it the active alkaloids are destroyed by heat. A light brownish liquid was produced but no pronounced effects were produced. I will try boiling the remainder of the material some other time.

The intoxicating mint does smell minty... But the tea produced most certainly does not. The tea, in fact, smells exactly like urine. The taste is what one would expect urine to taste like, but suprisingly enough, it is not very hard to get down at all. I will report any effects noticed within the next few hours perhaps. I also got some mexican terragot, but I'm not so sure that will produce any effects either.

14. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    The mint was somewhat relaxing and it made me a bit tired, but it wasn't to good at all. It looks as though these new herbs are junk. I will definately be sticking with kratom and salvia.