Culture - New member here, introducing myself

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by sarah_marie, Feb 22, 2006.

1. sarah_marie

sarah_marie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    Hi I'm Sarah I was addicted to heroin and crack for 8 years but have been clean I guess for nearly 2 years I am on methadone though which is proving a lot harder to get of then heroin. I do relapse about once or twice a month on heroin but nothing major so far and I hope I can keep it this way but it is hard.

Sometimes I find myself actually wishing I was back on heroin I dont know why because I used to fund my habit by prostitution which I absolutely hate doing.

Hope to make some friends here with people that actually understand what I'm going through, because my husband really does'nt understand why I am the way I am he thinks I can just stop my methadone just like that and everything will go fine, he does'nt actually know about my monthly relapses he thinks I have been absolutely clean of heroin for nearly 2 years I could never tell him or explain why cos he wont listen and does'nt understand.
    I have also been deppressed for many years and have been on 100mg Amitriptyline for over 4 years I do not reccomend this drug to anyone who is deppressed it has nasty side effects especially if you miss a dose and it does'nt actually stop my deppresion it just allows me to get some sleep.
    Anyway great to be here
    From
    Sarah

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  2. sammydaze

sammydaze Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi Sarah. Drug addiction is often a symptom of other underlying issues. Sometimes its difficult or nearly impossible to stay clean if those issues arent addressed.

There are alot of activities that get your neurochems going again; exercise, eating right, doing "fun" sober things.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

3. spanisheyes

spanisheyes Guest

Reputation Points:
    Hi i've not been here long either, on H for a while after working my way up.
    Strangley alot of people have your husbands view, I don't think it's always a neglect issue, it's lack of knowledge and fear. I never tryed meth and don't plan to as I've heard many tell of it's side affects. I really do wish you luck and hope you get clean.

4. deji

deji Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    You have to truely WANT to be clean to get out of this. There is no easy way out of long term maintenance. Dont let anyone fool you into thinking this. I curse the clinics that toss 18 year olds onto MMT right away and dont educate them on the devastating effects of long term MMT.

It seems to me that any addict I know that is clean today, needed a truely terrible withdrawal to scar them into never wanting opiates again.

Methadone is only good short term to get you off the street fast. And buy you some time. Sitting on it for a long time just makes it worse. Unless you want to be a lifer, which many people are.

Also remember that after you somehow manage to make it to 0mg, and then finish any acute withdrawal, there is post withdrawal that can last years. You have to want it, and earn to be clean again. Trust me. Anyone can do it though. Just have to want it bad enough and allow it to take you on the ride it does.

Can also hop onto subs once you get down low. Has help many people reach a 0 dose of opiods.

5. Urban

Urban Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    hey sarah
    hang in there.... im sure it will get better......
    x