1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Combinations - New study on Ketamine & Vitamin C

Discussion in 'Ketamine' started by Tarkovsky, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Tarkovsky

Tarkovsky Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jun 30, 2005
    I recently came across this article from the journal of veterinary science:

Ketamine anaesthesia following premedication of rabbits with vitamin C

Attempting to duplicate the results, SWIM proceeded to preload testmonkey with 2g of vitamin C before anesthetizing with 150mg of ketamine. Subsequent behavior of subject leads SWIM to conclude Shulgin +4 type experience had been induced. The experience was extremely well integrated and showed obvious potentiation from vitamin C preloading.

Added benefit may be neuroprotective characteristics of vitamin C. I am interested to hear of anecdotal reports involving this combination.

2. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Aug 3, 2005
    from guam
    Must try it some day! This is obviously a strange phenomenon. It reminds me of the grapefruit juice+DXM thing. May be it is because of the metabolism of Vitamin C. Have no idea though!