Nightmares??

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Jingleballicks, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Jingleballicks

Jingleballicks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The last nightmare I had was when I was a little kid. (no joke) A Grape Vine grape chased me around the little theater is my town with a butcher knife. I recently took 3 disco biscuits and about 2 days later, I had a horrible nightmare, I would wake up breathing hard and go back to sleep to return to the same nightmare, it was a trip.

I really figure it's just a coincidence, but would a lowered seritonin effect that? I am completly ignorant to the way dreams work.

2. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Kemikaru_Tenshu Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    An imbalance in your neurochemistry can causes strange and even frightening dreams. But don't worry, it isn't permanent. Your body is just making sense of the temporarily altered neuron configurations you incurred during your roll. It tests the weights (a term referring to "balance" placed between large arrays of the components which have to be overcome for a pathway to be semi-permanently adopted) while it is not bombarded with sensory information, and this process results in the strange occurrences which make up our dreams.

When you are young, new pathways are forged and new weights are set between existing pathways at a much more rapid pace than when you are older, and for this reason children have more occurrences of strange and frightening or incomprehensible dreams. This is also why the young have such great imaginations. When you take drugs (especially hallucinogens) you are in essence using more of your brain than you would otherwise, and you are using the parts of your brain you normally use in different ways. The pattern recognition component of your brain tries to make sense of these patterns in reference to existing patterns with strong encoding. This can cause uncomfortable alterations to normal dream patterns.

Think of it this way: as you age "reality" is more and more strongly imposed as a weighted pattern in your brain, and for this reason it becomes harder and harder to impress a new sense of reality in contrast to the one which is strongly imposed. Because of this your mind makes its alterations and weight tests in the realm in which it is not bombarded by the extremely strong previously imposed patterns of reality. The state in which this is possible is your dreams.

Hope this helps set your mind at ease.

~KT

3. Jingleballicks

Jingleballicks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hehe, thanks. Yeah, Ialways looked at reality as so. EvenMarkTwain wrote that as you age and learn,nature and the things around you loose their beauty as they turn into observations other than awe (that statement, of course, isn't black and white).

I've always looked at tripping and such as a my trip home.Never looked at it asa means of getting "fucked up". I agree.