Nightmares

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Euphoria_bloke, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Euphoria_bloke

Euphoria_bloke Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.K.
    HI! firts of all i would just like to say hello as this is my first post.

Now I have been taking XTC for about 3 years on and off with no problems but within the last 6-8 months I have been expiriencing nightmares the night after useing or if used several days in a row the night after that. I have a feeling these will occur before actually falling asleep(hard to explain) but SWIM expiriences inability to move or speak and then either a horrible sensation of spinning or somtimes terrors E.G.being attacted by dog/person. SWIM trys to scream but cant. SWIM then wakes up. This can occur several times a night most nights after using E (usually after a few or several days of use. I was wondering if anyone else had expirienced anything like this or heard of it or anyways to prevent. (Apart from the obvious Stopping doing pills) Thanks.

2. Possessed

Possessed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    This is called hypnogogia / sleep paralysis. I used to get it all the time after E. It is caused by a messed up sleep pattern (obviously this will happen when taking stimulants) and stress. Which I suppose could be something comedown related o_O.

I found that they could predict they were going to have one that night every time they did have one.

3. Flimmar

Flimmar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would recommend You to wait maybe 1-1½ hour after the E has taken off, and then smoke some weed or get drunk.

I have experienced, that if he drinks a bunch of water within the 1-1½ hour and then drink a couple of beers, he'll get a really good sleep.

4. blahblah

blahblah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i'm glad you've posted this. as the poster above suggests, this is called sleep paraylsis - something i suffer from and have done extensive research into.

personally, i don't think this is a direct result of mdm/a being in someones system. i think its a trigger to something you already suffer from.

it's too much to go into here, but wikipedia etc will explain the 'disorder' well. but anything that interferes with sleeping patterns will trigger it.

people that suffer from this, should think twice about taking mdma because it is a very real and frightening thing to invoke, but if you're interested in how your mind works it can also be very interesting. the line between dream and reality will never be so blurred.

5. DigitalAngel

DigitalAngel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    experienced this twice. First time I'd woke up on a couch where i'd fallen asleep but not really woken up, I couldn't move at all, all I could see was the ceiling above me. Wanted to shout but I couldn't make a sound either. Mad as eggs. Only happended twice to me but was one of the strangest happenings I've ever had!

Adrenaline was really pumping when I broke from it. Fortunately no experienece of "spinning or terror". Could see this being really quite unpleasent to live with