Experiences - nitrous oxide experince

Discussion in 'Nitrous Oxide' started by san.pedro, Mar 3, 2005.

1. san.pedro

san.pedro Newbie

Reputation Points:
    nitrous oxide is very fun...doing one is damn good but...i half to say 3 and up is fanfuckingsastic! its like tripping on aicd expect you feel great! make sure when ur doing this to takes breaths of air...dont wanna pass out! i highly recomend people try this!

2. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Like acid? thats insane, it is dissociative. It can be pretty fun if you have large amounts of it, otherwise it will just leave you wanting more.

3. asystole

asystole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I had access to a full tank of Entonox recently... (50% O2 50% N2O) and it was fantastic. You feel great, and it doesn't really hit you at first, but then you just have to stop and think about what you are doing, sort of like the second wave in a good mushroom trip (when you think you are down then realize you are FAR from it).

I am working ona very in-depth plan to score unlimited supply of medical N20, and is very close... only one more hurdle and (s)he can throw out that damn cracker and box of whipping cream chargers forever!

4. san.pedro

san.pedro Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yea i really like nitrous when im on mushrooms not only is it awsome lasts a lot longer and makes u trip harder but can totally change your mind set...a great cure for a bad trip

5. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    It usually enhances drugs the only drug I found it did nothing for was meth. I was tweaked out and took a few hits of nitrous, barely anything, the meth seemed to over power it.

6. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    hi there over the last few months nitrous oxide has been sold at club venues in london for £2 a ballon full hear is some advice about taking it responsbly

Opinions are many and varied on the best way to enjoy N2O but there are a few things that are well worth knowing when it comes to evaluating those opinions. offers the following method and some explanations of why he does it this way:

1. Take a few good deep breaths before you inhale the balloon because your brain needs oxygen in order to trip.

2. Empty your lungs (breathe out completely) before you inhale 'coz then there is room for plenty of N2O in your lungs - there ain't nothing worse than trying to breathe in N2O and finding there is no room for it.

3. Breathe in all of the balloon. Ok, well you might not manage it, depending on your lung capacity, but if you followed step 2 then you stand the best chance of doing so and consequently you will get the best dose of N2O. I ain't trying to teach my granny to do something she is already well versed in but you would be amazed at the number of people who fail to get this right.

4. Hold your breath for as long as you can. Don't go blue in the face, like, but the N2O needs some time to seep into your bloodstream and plenty of nitrous newbies miss the point of N2O by not holding their breath long enough for it to do its wonders. The N2O should have come up and grabbed you real good by the time you next need to breathe in anyway.

5. You may get a bonus hit if you exhale back into the balloon at the end of step 4 'coz you can take a couple of good deep breaths (oxygen, remember) before restarting at step 2.

Some folks breathe in/out, in/out, in/out, ... (hyperventilating nitrous - or so they believe) but you end up hyperventilating CO2 (carbon dioxide) this way and you don't trip on that stuff: you just kill brain-cells.

N2O is considered to be one of the safest anaesthetics available but remember: any time you go messing with your brain there are risks. N2O seems to create a nitrogen narcosis - the effect that sends divers blissfully to the bottom of the sea and to their deaths without a care in the world; diving is a dumb-assed realm to start losing track of who you are and which way is up. People have killed themselves with nitrous and even doctors have killed people with nitrous - but only by doing some damned-fool things. Let me illustrate with a few examples and then you will know what I mean:A university student in America went down to the lab and filled a plastic bag with N2O and then went back to his room, put the bag over his head, passed out from breathing pure N2O with no oxygen and suffocated to death. Take your N2O from a balloon and you won't suffer this problem since if you did take enough N2O to pass out you would simply let go of the balloon and recover in minutes. Likewise, four American kids sat in a car, rolled up the windows and opened a tank of N2O. Result:- strong evidence that natural selection disposes of the dumbest creatures on the planet; they also suffocated - plenty N2O but very little oxygen. Please, please, please use a balloon for N2O rather than some crazy scheme to find the ultimate hit; ultimate has more than one meaning, friends, and I promise that you can have the most sensational trip possible on nitrous in near complete safety if you always take it from a balloon.A young girl in an accident and emergency ward died when they mistakenly gave her N2O rather than oxygen. She REALLY needed oxygen and so do you. These days N2O is stored in cylinders that can't, physically, be plugged into an oxygen mask so that should be the last time that ever happens.British medical opinion seems to take the view that N2O is best avoided during the first two trimesters of pregnancy (although it is a favoured anaesthetic during childbirth and is considered safe in the third trimester). I haven't seen the research but I would certainly avoid N20 early in pregnancy; what am I talking about? I'm a bloke, for god's sake!People sometimes do stoopid things around N2O and, while they seldom get badly hurt, a little common sense can save hurt and embarrassment:sitting down before taking N2O is a sensible thing to do: you can easily lose your balance and fall on your butt; especially if you do a good hit (or you are combining it with other drugs).Did I already say "Always use a balloon"? Yeah. Ok. Well, there is another good reason: some folk think it is clever or macho or something to take N2O direct from the dispenser but, let me tell you, N2O is stored in the cartridges as a liquid under pressure and it expands into a gas as it enters the dispenser - at EXTREMELY high pressure and FREEZING temperature - so there is a good chance you will blast the back of your throat with ice crystals and a distinct possibility you could end up choking back drops of liquid N2O that are desperate to expand at break-neck speed (pun almost justified) in the soft tissues of your mouth and throat. There are also, sometimes, little bits of metal swarf from the cartridges in the dispenser that could get propelled straight into you in a similar fashion so DON'T do it.I've even heard about nutters hoping to punch a hole in the end of a cartridge and then, somehow, to suck up the gas before it dissipates into the atmosphere. This seems to have resulted in the cartridge flying off like a rocket, ricocheting around the room - off various precious and fragile items - before spinning madly to rest like a catherine-wheel that has spat its last sparks. Could have been a much sadder story had those precious objects been pink and (briefly) animate. thanks adz. [​IMG]

1. 3/5,
      Very informative! :-)
      Oct 3, 2015
    2. 5/5,
      Great post
      Aug 28, 2006
  7. rupert

rupert Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    I had an amazing experience on Weed and 2*8g Nitrous during which he breathed in and out in the balloon. At that some point SWIM might have realised that there was no oxygen nor n2o left in the ballon or was on the verge of fainting so the ballon flew of his mouth and flopped on his chest. The sensation of the balloon landing lasted for seconds...
    Breathing on N2O is extremely pleasurable and the sound of the balloon expanding and contracting went really well with the effect of the drug, another reason why I couldn't stop "recycling" it

8. TheFrayAllDay9

TheFrayAllDay9 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    I recently acquired a ten pack of nitrous whipped cream chargers and a cracker. So far I'm not massively impressed. I can for sure feel it, but I'm not sure whether I'm using too little or if I'm just too tolerant to GABAergic substances. I saw someone above attribute the effects of nitrous oxide to "nitrogen narcosis", a condition divers experience when subjected to large amounts of pressure underwater. That's an interesting hypothesis but I'm skeptical. The sources I've researched say that while how nitrous oxide works is not yet fully understood, it's likely due to it's effect as a NMDA antagonist and lesser so by it's effect on GABA-a receptors. In fact benzodiazepine antagonists were able to partially reverse many of the effects of nitrous oxide in research subjects. Another thought, I take methadone daily and have for over 10 years, and besides obviously being a mu opioid agonist it's also an NMDA antagonist. So maybe that's why it doesn't affect me as much as I hoped for. How much do others use out there? What's a good dose?

1. 3/5,
      Good question...
      Oct 3, 2015