Paraphernalia - Nitrous Oxide: Whipped Cream Chargers

Discussion in 'Nitrous Oxide' started by i like wimmins, Jan 12, 2005.

1. i like wimmins

i like wimmins Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Heyas,

I tried nitrous at a festival this past summer, and loved it. I have recently decided to get a cracker off the net so I could do it at home. The website I found sells brass ones that fit "10cm3 cartridges". Is this just the size of any normal whip cream charger?
    are crackers prone to breaking and should I buy more than one?
    Are there any brands of chargers that I should avoid or any I should look for in particular to buy?
    When I did the nitrous, I held it in for as long as I could before exhaling, is this the way that most of you do it?

thanx for yer help

2. Curtains

Curtains Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    alright well if its a cracker and most chargers i mean i have only seen one size in my life

ts up to u if u want more then one what happens some times in the treads in it wear down after a much of uses and it won't close (mainly i think this happens when ur high friends aren't watching what they are doing and don't line up the threads right and they grind them away as they twist)

the best chargers to my knowledge are ISI supposed to be one of the cleanest

WHen i'm taking it i like just like to take a huge breath and keep blowing it back into the balloon and take another breathe

3. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've never actually bought a cracker, just used friends. That being said, most of these were passed down to them. That would mean to me that they're fairly sturdy. Being nothing more than metal and a seal, there's not much to hurt. I'd just get whatever you like the look of best. As far as size goes, I've also only seen one size. Hope it helps.

Peace,

D.

4. hellion

hellion Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Can you inhale any of the whip cream chargers? Or are some that have harmful impurities? Also, is it absolutely necesseray to fill the balloon from a Dispenser, or are there other easier ways? Thanks.

5. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Yeah go straight from the can but make sure all the cream is settled 2 the bottom and the can isnt cold because that could end up hurting...

6. hellion

hellion Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I'm not talking about Whip Cream cans -- I'm talking about N2O chargers.

7. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Oh crap yeah u need to do it into a ballon or into a dispenser before hitting it... the impuritys depends on where u got the n2o from some places are really bad for residue after...

8. hellion

hellion Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    The box claims it is 100% pure N2O. And can I fill the balloon straight from the charger?

9. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Well yeah if its possible... But the ones i get the only way 2 get the n2o out is with a crack or dispenser... Best of luck

10. hellion

hellion Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I'm asking if it is possible or not. I want to save as much money as possible.

11. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I really dont think that is safe man. I mean maybe you could somehow puncture a hole in the charger, but how would you get the balloon on time. Those thing get very cold too. Even if you do use a charger, those will get too cold sometimes, even to the point where it burns you. If you cant afford a cracker then you dont need to be doing whippits. It sounds very impractical to use n2o without one. It might be possible but not safe. Just spend a bit on a cracker or dispenser, you will be glad you did. Dont skimp on the money because you will probably end up hurting yourself trying to find a way to use n2o w/o a cracker.

12. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Well for 1, You will definatly need a cracker for the charges. Also all the whipped cream chargers used for whipped cream machines are "food grade" which have some impurities (some brands more than others, try google search or search the forum) the impurities arent really anything to worry about if your just trying the stuff but if u plan on doing it alot and make it a habit almost always "hospital grade" nitrous should be aquired which isnt always easy. The impurities in food grade arent bad and ther only even there because its made for your digestive system which doesnt have to be as clean as if its going in your lungs, but they are still relatively clean, MUCH MUCH better than auto grade nitrous, dont bother with that shit.

13. BorisB

BorisB Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    No, it is absolutely unsafe to inhale directly off crackers. You will freeze your mouth and lips.

It is imperative that you dispense the air into a balloon, bag, whatever, just something that is an inbetween between mouth, lips, tongue, and cracker and frigid NOS.