Nitrous to Potentiate Opiates

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by pankreeas, Feb 20, 2007.

1. pankreeas

pankreeas Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    99 y/o
    I have been toying with an idea after doing some reading.

The one particular phrase that caught his attention was

"N2O seems to induce its effects through antagonism on NMDA receptors, GABA-A receptor potentiation and potassium channel activation, as well as having a benzodiazepine-like effect and stimulating endogenous opioid receptors."

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=3778179

is also another link that caught his attention.

So he took 100 mg dxm to smooth out the playing field for the 300mg codeine taken shortly thereafter.
    - Did 7 cartridges of nitrous over the next hour and then spaced the rest out throughout the night. He was impressed with the outcome. The shift from nitrous space to opiate land was off the wall. The intensity was definetly amplified for the entire duration of the evening.

I feel this is worth looking into a little deeper.

2. thealexcometh

thealexcometh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    am I mistaken in thinking that nitrous is extremely damaging to your brain for very (very very) short and mediocre numbness effects?

3. Schwag

Schwag Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    It's actually farely safe if you're responsible with it, read this from the erowid section on Nitrous Oxide health:

4. Alucard

Alucard Newbie

Reputation Points:
    swim asked to bump this super old thread since it is currently relevant in their life now

is there a possibility while at least enhancing [potentiating] the opiate experience, this combination could also potentiate suppression of the CNS to the point of suffocation after passing out (after huffing the n2o) perhaps due to already decreased oxygen levels ???

just a thought

5. fiveleggedrat

fiveleggedrat Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am currently experimenting with using DXM preloading in small doses (15-100mg) to potentiate opioids, currently hydromorphone. So far: Nothing really noticeable up to 30mg.

I do agree with bumping this thread. I have been hitting medical papers hard lately on opioid tolerance and reversing it when it is permanent, a problem I have.

I am seeing in many papers: NMDA antagonists have potential to interact with the Mu receptor in a positive way.

I have used nitrous in the same day as opioids, and no effect there. Perhaps immediate use after coming down from nitrous or taking nitrous while on opioids. Swim'll try this out in the future.

6. Alucard

Alucard Newbie

Reputation Points:
    swim tried 8.5g n2o while on 90mg oxycodone and experienced no physical effects of the nitrous, almost as if the opiates overpowered it (most likely)

it just left swim feeling somewhat confused... he will experiment more