No bowel movement in a while because of heroin....:-(

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by Wyborowa, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So I was clean for a while then shit hit the fan and swim's been usuing for about 2 weeks....I hasn't gotten a bowel movement in about 3-5 days...

how can this be solved? does swim have to wait till swim gets sick to have a BM or wat?

BTW, I did try some medicine from the hospital to make swim poop..no go..I took 2 pills instead of 1

2. INodHardOhYeah

INodHardOhYeah Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: no B.M. in a while....:-(

Start drinking more water, atleast 8 glasses each day. Excercise regularly, and start on a high fiber diet. You may start experiencing what is known as overflow diarrhea, which will be a watery and sometimes oily anal leakage. The fecal matter in your large intestine has become impacted, and You will notice the lower abdomen becoming increasingly hard. Most importantly, You needs to cut back on the H. SWIM's ex-fiancee, while actively using, had maybe 3-4 BMs in 2 months and started getting blood in her stool when she did. An enema may become necessary.

3. mickenator

mickenator Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from U.K.

I have found that when they have trouble going eating good few handfulls of currants or raisons the night before has helped swim no end, and no more painfull bm. Hope this helps swiy.

4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:

High fiber diets help, as do prunes, I have also seen heavy heroin and morphine users use Ex-lax with varying degrees of success as well. They still had to really work at it to get a B.M., but eventually they were able to get one out. Really though taking a break for a day or so is the only surefire way to get one. Granted, at that point You might be withdrawing, but it is sure better than risking damage to the intestine or colon.

5. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Any chance of putting 'Bowel Movement' in the title here? Every time I see it I think Blood Monitoring for diabetes! Don't be shy about bowel movements folks, we all do it - well most of the time (sorry! Crap joke! Geddit?)

A dose reduction alone has been seen to help, if total abstinence is not an option at the moment. Otherwise, exercise, fruit & fibre, laxatives in that order. If appetite is an issue try to get hold of fybrogel - it stimulates peristalsis, but sometimes needs to be taken for a few days before becoming effective. Tastes like ass too (no pun intended!) but it works. Should be available otc. Celevac (methylcellulose) also acts in a similar way, but also acts as a stool softener.

6. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:

Also note that some opioids are supposed to be less constipating than others. In my experience, natural and semisynthetic opioids like morphine, heroin, and codeine are more constipating, but synthetic opioids like fentanyl seem to be less so, for SWIM. Maybe a reduced dose of another drug would help if one cannot stop for a day.

7. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Re: No bowel movement in a while....:-(

You could try a magnesium citrate laxative from the drugstore... it's sold as a large (10 ounces) bottle of bad tasting fluid. Upon drinking, the entire contents of one's intestines become liquified... if it doesn't work there's a serious problem that needs looked at by a doctor.

Main downsides to this are (A) it turns constipation into a full day's worth of severe diarrhea, (B) if not well hydrated, it can cause dehydration or even low blood pressure. It's a drastic solution for drastic problems :p.

8. oggy

oggy R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    Eat vindaloo curry souce and a few beers. Works for SWIM but can be very painful. It does clear you out tho. Oxypowder works amazing just drink lots of water, oh and don't do both unless you enjoy pain.

Do a google for oxypowder, Swim used it when he was taking lots of morphine pills. It works better than the stuff my Doctor gave SWIM. Just drink lots of water.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2006
  9. acolon_5

acolon_5 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Maryland, U.S.A.
    Sodium Enemas, Ex-Lax, and/or a day w/o H will get You a nice BM. Sucks don't it. I had BM problems for months and months when he was doing methadone "treatment". Enemas allways got him through those times when he felt like he was giving birth.

10. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIdr has used opiates on and off for many years, and has found when he was bingeing and experiencing constipaion, that Aloe Vera laxitaves have helped. SWIdr is not sure if this is true, but he has read that aloe vera is the most powerful laxitive, yet it is pretty gental, but always seems to work for SWIdr. They come in pills that are sold at all you's local drugstores.

11. angeliclight

angeliclight Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I take opiates on a constant basis, plus I'm on Fentanyl. the best thing to do is use a supository. Dulcolax is the best because it works in about fifteen minuts. Don't use overnight oral medications because you will wake up with intense cramps. It's horrible...you'll be almost crying because of the pain. I had to do that for a long time. Luckily being on Fentanyl I don't have the problem anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  12. Dr.Jones

Dr.Jones Newbie

Reputation Points:
    98 y/o
    Take ~ 300mg of docustate sodium each day (colace)
    It is astool softener, not a laxitive. It is EXTREMLY easy on your system.

Add a little metamucil in there.

If you have noticfed you have gone a week without a shit, go ahead and use an enema.

13. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    milk of magnesia