1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Effects - No effect from kratom (MAENG DA CAPSULES)????

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by leobaez123, Jun 15, 2013.

1. leobaez123

leobaez123 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Illinois, U.S.A.
    i bought 4 ounces of maeng da kratom today and i took atleast 15 pills of it and all it did was stimulate me for atleast 20 min and nothing more..i took food before it so then i took pills afterwards so basically their maeng da so im guessing its stronger so what should i do???

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o Male from ireland
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

You are supposed to take it on an empty stomach for the best results, so this would have affected the results.

You dont say how much you took. 15 caps could contain any amount of kratom.
    What you need to do is weigh out the kratom. I would suggest you empty it from the capsules and weigh it out, so you know exactly what dose you have.

Not everyone has good results using capsules. They dont always disolve at the same time leading to a slower absorption of the alkaloids.

Do you have any opiate tolerance? This can also affect the results.

Did you buy them from a reputable vendor? (dont mention the vendors name as source discussion is against the rules)
    If you bought them from a head shop or from a legal high site then you probably got bad/bunk kratom. I suggest you read the guide to buying kratom. http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200101

Did you take any other drugs, including alcohol, that might have masked the effects?

3. leobaez123

leobaez123 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Illinois, U.S.A.
    well its like 0.6G per each capsule and i took like around 10 capsules and yeah i ordered it from a website ived bought from in years and no ive never really tried any opiates before and now other than codeine one time only, so now what should i do?

4. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o Male from ireland
    Well that would work out as about 6 grams which is a large dose.
    If you felt nothing much then you probably bough crap kratom.

I suggest you wait for a day or two and try it again if you want, but do it properly this time.

Empty out about 5 grams of the powder and toss and wash it (put it in your mouth and drink some water) or mix it into some juice or some sauce (apple, pesto) and eat it.
    Take it on an empty stomach and make sure you dont take any other drugs.

If that does not work then just throw it in the bin and next time find a good source.
    Thats all you can really do.