no more insurance.... need input

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by pro4good, Feb 16, 2007.

1. pro4good

pro4good Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi, i am a new member to this site, and i am finding it very interesting and informative. I am a recent college grad, but now, that i am not in school, i dont have any insurance until i am employed. My problem is, is that i recently had a double knee operation and now in constant pain. I do not have the money to afford medication for pain managment without insurance, my doctor recomended purchasing my meds online because they are cheaper. Does anyone know where you are able to purchase such items? Also, does anyone know the legality of buying pain meds online? please bless me with you information, it will be very helpful

thanks
    -steve

2. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Welcome. Due to the rules of this site, no-one can tell You (Someone Who Isn't You) where to purchase meds. And if You is interested in pain meds then why is this posted in "Downers and Sleeping Pills"?

SWIJ has to say that she is not terribly au fait with the legalities, but she knows that in the majority of the world it is illegal to possess prescription drugs without a valid prescription. If You possesses a valid prescription then they may be OK going on line. She suggests clarifying this with their physician. The other issue here is regarding the importation of drugs, again, different countries have different rules.

You also has to be aware that although there are legitimate internet pharmacies,many are absolute bunk and will rip You off.

Given that you's doctor has suggested this route then the best course of action would be to ask them which pharmacies they would recommend.

Sorry SWIJ has not been able to help with specifics.

Is You talking opiate-based meds? Let her know and she will move this thread to the appropriate forum

3. BobTheGreat

BobTheGreat Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Go to the drug manufacturer's website. They have programs to help people without insurance. There are also cards to help with prescriptions like together Rx. Also if you post the drug you want it would be easier to help.

4. pro4good

pro4good Newbie

Reputation Points:
    last time i had an appt with my doctor he perscribed percocet, but he said vicodin would be just as helpful. where should i go to research buying them? i searchd using gooogle, but the results that i got did not seem very professional. ive been hearing more and more on the news about websites that sell the generics for a cheaper price. please let me know where i can go to find these

thanks

5. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  6. ironmics

ironmics Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    Just go to ANY pharmacy if you truly do have the RX you claim you can get pain pills for very cheap a weeks worth of percocet should involve about an hour or two of work at minimum wage. If you can't afford that ask him to just raise the dosage on them because all dosage levels are usually around the same price.