Non scheduled RC’s and customs

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by college, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. college

college Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Got a quick question, what happens if customs encounters a non scheduled Research Chemical being delivered to a PO box? Is prosecution possible? would the person who ordered it be watched? etc. Thanks.

2. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Where are you? I would say that unless you are ordering by the kilo the worst that will happen is the package disappears in the mail. Analogue act applies to the US and Australia though. If a couple of grams come through no one will be setting up survelance though.

3. college

college Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well, I am located somehwere between california and connecticut so that means analog act can apply, im not to informed on the in's and out's of this analog act, does anyone out there have any legal background, or some experience on the matter thatwould be able to know what would happen if a few hundred milligrams were found in customs of some miscleneous Research Chemical most likely coming in from japan that is not currently scheduled?

4. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Gold Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am prety sure that the analouge act doesnt apply to Australia, hence why2C-B was made illegal and now, many years later, they have also resitricted 2C-I.

5. college

college Newbie

Reputation Points:
    what about multiple RC's but in small amounts? These are not scheduled in the US but I cant help but shake the feeling many researchers out there are at risk for simply purchasing a product that is, well "not illegal" if they do come across it in customs, in america anyway will they just send you a letter saying "sorry you idiot" or will they show up with cuffs and a cruiser? also, id imagine an american supplier doesnt have to worry about people inspecting the mail - but after web tryp I doubt there are safe legit us suppliers. any thoughts? also anybody have suspicions of big brother keeping an eye on you after you do some research?Edited by: nanobrain

6. meemeemee

meemeemee Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Look at it this way. Before Operation Web Tryp last year, MANY Research Chemicals were not scheduled, but people still got busted for them. So yes, my guess is prosecution is still possible.

7. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    simple answer: depends.

on many confounding factors such as: is the customs officer suffering from a particularly bad attack of hemorrhoids on the day he encounters your oddly-labeled powders. etc.Edited by: nanobrain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.