Experiences - Noopept for nicotine withdrawal

Discussion in 'Nootropics' started by Healer, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Healer

Healer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Crypto
    This is odd. I started taking noopept 2 days ago. 15mg at 6am when waking up, 10mg subligual at 2pm (works great sublingual). I ran out of cigarettes 3 hours before my first dose 2 days ago. To my surprise I have not smoked or thought about smoking cigarettes since I dosed. I have no withdrawal or cravings. I didn't realize I've not smoked in 2 days till I noticed I have 20 bucks extra in my wallet. That was a great surprise! I hope this stays like this! I've not even taken noopept long enough to notice any major benefits. I do notice some though.

Soo...noopept might be worthy for curing/helping a person quit smoking?

2. [éS]Infinite

[éS]Infinite Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Noopept may have eased my withdrawal from nicotine though I was not aware of it at the time since the effects were not as drastic as yours. I feel noopept may have allowed me additional focus to keep my mind on new tasks I completed to distract from smoking, and also may have played some role in neuroplasticity which allowed me to generate new neural networks associated with my new tasks in place of my former nicotine networks. This is strictly hypothetical as the mechanisms of action are not fully understood yet in this class of compounds.

3. Healer

Healer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Crypto
    However it works, its a miracle. Awesome it helped you as well. I feel it helps me concentrate on other things to take my mind off cigarettes as well. When I would attempt cold turkey without noopept, if I thought about smoking I would obsess about it for a minimum of 5 minutes. Now if I think about a cigarette its over in seconds. The way noopept is keeping my mood up during this withdrawal reminds me very much of when I took st johns wort to ward off depression and low mood during cold turkey withdrawal once. Maybe noopept does something with dopamine?

Among other things which is slightly unrelated, I did not have any type of paranoia or the usual psychotic issues I have when smoking weed the other night. Noopept so far is doing wonders.

4. mtflyer05

mtflyer05 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The effects you are feeling are due to Noopept's action on the Nicotinic Acetylcholine receptor, the same one, as the name suggests, that nicotine works on.

5. BreezeByTheCreek

BreezeByTheCreek Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm not doubting you, but can I get a source for this please?