Experiences - Noopept Solo

Discussion in 'Nootropics' started by saltwater09, Jul 28, 2012.

1. saltwater09

saltwater09 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    HISTORY: Only experience with noot is piracetam several years prior, don't remember noticing any improved cognitive function.

NOTES: No other nootropics are being consumed during this trial run. The only supplement I will be using is 2 capsules of fish oil on days that I do not plan on eating fish; this has been standard nutrition procedure for years.

Noopept dosage 1st day: 50mg by mouth, in a capsule, midway through drinking a fruit/whey protein/coconut oil smoothie.

I haven't had a chance to really put the brain boosting potential of noopept to the test; got busy with work HOWEVER I did manage to immerse myself in a rather tedious, monotonous task for about 90 minutes without feeling any frustration or desire to give up on the task. This may be the norm for some people but I get bored VERY quickly with such activities so that might be the help of noopept. I haven't noticed any clarity of memory or increased verbalization abilities but considering that was only my first day I feel encouraged to continue the experiment.

I have read a couple reports of people being able to negate side effects of alcohol with noopept and I found this to be absolutely true. Appx. 16 hours after taking my first noopept dose I went out to drink some beers and put away 7-8 over 2 hours or so, an amount that would usually have me stumbling out of the bar while boisterously discussing government conspiracies with innocent bystanders (yes, I can occasionally be THAT guy). Much to my surprise, I felt ZERO impairment of coordination, belligerence, and other symptoms of sloppy drunkenness that I usually do with that amount. Actually, the only effect I felt at all was a moderate elevation in mood (fairly comparable to the amount of alcohol I consumed) and a slight boost in confidence which I was able to keep control over; never did I feel the need to challenge others or become self-righteous which are typically effects of alcohol for me.

I was also more aware of the body language and social cueing of other people than I usually am while intoxicated: stopped for a takeout pizza on the way home and struck up a conversation with another patron after realizing I had piqued her interest. I noticed myself more interested in what she had to say rather than what I had to say (I frequently fall victim to the "Listen to how awesome I am" syndrome while under the influence).

Sleep came easily at the end of the night, but the 8ish beers I drank may have been a factor. Unfortunately, it does not appear that noopept magically prevents hangovers :(

2. Tech House

Tech House Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My roommate is a "problem drinker" who has started taking noopept. I sent your alcohol-and-noopept report to her. Very nicely written! The risk I can see here is that it could make drinkers feel more confident about drinking even more than they normally would. Do you think that's a risk, or do you feel more satisfied with the same or a lower amount of alcohol vs. without noopept? Kudzu supposedly has the effect of reducing how much alcohol people choose to consume because, among other things, it increases the concentration of alcohol in the bloodstream which means the drinker is satisfied with less, if a buzz was their goal in the first place.

3. saltwater09

saltwater09 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    There is certainly a risk, I think it would be dependent on the individual. For me, I found it rather frustrating that I wans't getting the high I expected from alcohol and decided it wasn't worth spending more money and called it a night. I can see how people might be tempted to keep drinking; I happened to be with my girl at the time who was more than happy to check out early but had I been with a group of friends it might have been a different story.

I will be repeating the experiment this weekend.

4. kelwynsa8

kelwynsa8 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Read your posts over in this thread and am keen to see what the outcome from it is after a few weeks.

Offtopic: I too am an avid trance fan ;-)

5. Gradient

Gradient Sentient alkaloid Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Have any additional updates for us, saltwater09? Maybe just general thoughts on the compound?

6. drugresearcher

drugresearcher Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Seems like an ok compound (Noopept), I has experience with nootropics (Ginko B, DMAE plus one or tho others, but never racetams before) swim never found any of them any good..

I have just eyeballed 100mg and divided it up into 3 lillte lines :D I am a very experienced Cocaine and legal high user so eyeballing 100mg is safe enough in my book. I did a 10mg allergy test first to be safe and no problems.

This stuff smells HORRIBLE and the thought of it going up one's nose is just rank but to swims surprise there was no taste at all really, (for the experienced snorter this stuff will be grand but to first time snorter beware, it is not a pleasant feeling!!)

30 minutes into it and I am feeling good, nothing too noticeable now but I am definatley typing a bit faster and thinking clearly, hard to say if its having any REAL effect.. will report back in a few hours to let ye guys know how it goes, swim plans to do maybe another 100mg if he feels the need to. If anyone has experience snorting this stuff please tell us any positive/negative aspects that were noticed. Any advice is always apprecitated, later swimmers :thumbsup:

7. Euphoric

Euphoric Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Updates from some of the experience sharers in this thread?

8. Gradient

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    A friend of mine considers noopept to be among the most 'present' in effects of this class. Quite a bit pushier than any racetam, and much easier to over-do; somewhat similar to high dose oxiracetam, though with considerably more stimulant effect. It's not more-ish at all - but if too much is taken, one can quite easily end up with some of the symptoms generated by overdoing classical stimulants a la amphetamine or cocaine. Stick to milligram scales; you'll feel weight mistakes with this one. Also, stick to capsules; unless you've the taste buds of a lizard - you'll gag up your jejunum.

Recommended dosing: one 15-25mg capsule after breakfast (~7:30AM) if your day is going to end by around 4:00PM. One may start to get drowsy at around 3:00PM, so if the day will extend beyond 4:00PM - another capsule of 10-15mg at ~2:00-3:00PM will last until the evening. Dosing on an empty stomach is not recommended; my friend noticed some digestive nasties when taken on an empty stomach - which he can only describe as very mild psychedelic queasies. Dosing within 4.5 hrs of intended sleep is not recommended without sedatives on hand, as it'll keep you from slumber. On the other hand, it's useful to ward off slumber as need be. More than 30mg at any one time was too much for my friend (5'10'', lean-mean 160lbs), and he'd get temperature flux, mild jitteriness/spasm, social awkwardness, and suppressed appetite.

Recommended length of intake: no longer than 2 weeks at a time. On racetams, my friend noticed a bit of manic ideation - going so far as to going through cycles of verging on crying, anxiety, and excitement. Noopept was no exception. Honestly, this may be best for acute usage - and not so much of a 'supplement'. Its influence didn't appear to linger beyond a few days, though a bit of lethargy presented within this time. A band-aid of caffeine masked this sufficiently, however.

Notes on applications: it's a good general productivity aid, and does present some motivation support. It also lends some interesting support in the gym; the effect many describe as 'aggression' - which is really just the ability to push beyond perceived exhaustion/failure - is increased with noopept. One might speculate that increased cholinergic transmission may underlie enhanced muscular recruitment - but it's pure speculation. Regardless, my friend noticed 'pumps' more readily. Keep some NSAIDs handy; I know some have suggested there's no headaches with this - but my friend noticed headaches with & without choline sources, though nothing tiny doses of ibuprofen couldn't abolish. It suppressed appetite, though not as severely as classic psychomotor stims. Conversation flowed smoothly - though, with too much, mild anxiety would inhibit this.

More detail on the side-effects here: Noopept Side-Effects

9. Euphoric

Euphoric Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Out of curiousity Gradient, does your friend even experience manic ideation with piracetam?

10. Gradient

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Sorry it took an eon for me to respond, Euphoric. Yes, he gets a little manic on most -racetams - though, if memory serves, aniracetam was the least severe in this effect. Oxiracetam has been the most severe in this effect. It's nowhere near the kind of mania that classic stimulants induce, however, and it's fairly easy to manage.

Another interesting effect he's noticed from noopept, particularly when combined with oxiracetam, is a slight predisposition to hyperfocus (in it's most literal definition) - whereby, there's a certain 'activation energy' required to pull himself to focus on whatever task he's ingested the compounds to facilitate completing, but once he's focused on it, it can be quite aggravating to have his attention demanded elsewhere until that task's completion.

11. Tech House

Tech House Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That's my experience exactly. For me, it's neither good nor bad. It makes me more productive with respect to whatever is immediately in front of me getting my attention, but what's right in front of me might not be the thing that needs attention most. So I find that noopept kinda sucks for multi-tasking in situations that require on-the-fly prioritizing.

That said, I like noopept and currently take 10mg every morning with breakfast and a gram of aniracetam.

Another comment about noopept and attention, there was a thread on D-F or elsewhere in which some of us talked about its effects on sexuality. The general consensus was that noopept didn't interfere with sex at all, but it FELT like it could interfere because it *seems* to diminish sex drive. Upon reading your remark about hyperfocus, I realized that this is how sex drive feels diminished --- one becomes so focused on a given task that sex just isn't interesting. But all I have to do is CHANGE MY FOCUS to sex and bingo, I'm fine.

My current finding is that noopept improves sexual performance but interferes with the imaginative mental component of sex. For me, it makes sex into another task, a pleasurable task but a task nonetheless. Noopept is a hyper-functional drug with no heart, so it's good for an emotional overly-sensitive imaginative character like me.

12. chris106

chris106 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Hey everyone. I will try Noopept soon, in combination with choline-bitartrate. I haven't tried any racetams before.

I also take tramadol occasionally - maybe once a week and only up to 150mg. Is it safe to take tramadol with noopept and/or choline? And what about Trama-combination with other racetams like piracetam, aniracetam and Pramiracetam? Are there any risks regarding a possible lowering of the seizure threashold? (I have no history with seizures whatsoever, but I heard Tramadol combined with certain substances can be dangerous in this regard, nonthless)

By the way, this thread is freaking great - can't wait for my noopept!

13. Gradient

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I honestly can't speak to the possibility of modified seizure threshold, but the combination of piracetam with tramadol wasn't problematic in the past for a friend of mine. Let us know if you encounter anything problematic or troubling, chris106.

Now that noopept's been used for two major studying events, I can speak to a potentially optimum dosing process. While >30mg daily for over 2 weeks can induce a bit of manic ideation, daily dosing of ~10-20mg for approximately 2.5 weeks wasn't problematic in this respect, and proved to be quite handy in memorizing various borderline unintelligible protein names and regulatory pathways that'd otherwise have required much longer to study.

After ceasing dosing, the drug wasn't missed or craved - and actually seemed to facilitate a kind of gratifying calmness.

14. chris106

chris106 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Thanx Gradient!

Well, I've been on Noopept for three days now, too, and allready notice subtle mood enhancing and anty anxietary effects. Focus is somewhat improved as well. All is very mellow, yet I don't feel sedatet... :3

It's definetle no placebo either ,since my very first dose was 20mg sublingually - I felt a very strong and pleasant mood enhancing effect all afternoon. Now i only take 10 mg orally twice a day though, hence the effect being more subtle.

Also, coming back to the topic of PE - I just read elsewhere that Anafranil (clomipramin) might work even better against PE... anyone know anything baout that and if it's safe to combine with racetams?

Anyways, will try the Trama - Noopept combo (plus cholin-bitatrate) in the next couple of days and let you guys know how it worked!

15. chris106

chris106 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    First of, sorry for bringing up topics that don't belong in this thread above.

Five days of noopept now, also added 1g of aniracetam to it one day which only made me tired and drowsy...

Tough to judge the noopept effects of the last few days, though. I think two days ago I added choline-bitatrate(750mg/day) , which rather diminished noopepts effects and made me a little anxious. I then started adding various other stuff way too soon, like Modafinil (worked just like it usually does without interfering with noopept), Alcar, and L-Phenylalanine.
    Also I took noopept doses of up to 20 mg sublingually on an empty stomach two or even three times a day, which really can only increase side effects while decreasing positive ones...

However - All that being said - I've browsed through and archived a fuckton of information about neuro-chemistry, different stacks and various supplementary substances in the past few days. Slowly I'm beginning to get a somewhat vague basic understanding of the whole nootropic/ neuro-chemistry topic.

Problem is, as soon as I found interesting information about something like Alcar or other choline sources for example, I impatiently ordered them and tried them right away. While I kept a detailled journal about all this, I randomly added way too much at once in retrospect.

Also I noticed a somewhat weird perception of time... It might be due to the fact that I spend literally half my day in front of my PC browsing through various forums regarding the same topic for the past few days...
    But when I "found" this thread a few minutes ago, I was actually suprised to see that I had allready posted here. And when I realized that it was actually just two days ago, I was really quite shocked! It seemed like weeks ago, just as the beginning of me taking noopept does right now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not psyched out by this or anything. Also I don't feel like I did any (short term) harm to my brain like I did in the past when I would overdose stimulants and got scared shitless... :)

I'll definetely drop few things completely the next days/ weeks, for example nicotine and modafinil.

Also I'll dose max. 20mg orally twice a day after meals, and try to finetune my added doses of choline-bitatrate and alcar ( both of which seemd to do more harm than good if taken on their own with noopept, even at low doses). If this works, I will try if GDP-Choline taken alone will have the same effect.
    I also read that some people have a transporter deficiency regarding choline, or it can't be broken down into it's most active form in the brain for them.

I'm really beginning to think that the right sources (and maybe their combination) of choline, or a total lack of any choline supplemetation at all are the key-element for making noopept and other racetams work individually, varying from person to person according to their specific barin-chemistry...

This is also the single most-confusing topic for me - how and why the different choline subtypes and sources work so vastly different for people - it seems like it really comes down to trial and error when figuring this out for oneself. :(

chris106 added 19 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Oh, also one question to you, gradient;

From yoour experience -
    What would you say is (roughly) the dosing ratio comparing oral vs sublingual dosing in regards to achieving positive or negative effects?

For example, have 10mg sublingually the same possitive effect as 20mg orally (in a capsule),
    or is there only a difference in the time till onset of effects?

Also, is it more likely to accidentaly overdo it when dosing sublingually? As in 40mg sublingually per day are too much to handle while 40mg orally would work fine without side effects, because of longer onset?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  16. r3al0n3

r3al0n3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from somalia
    i guess this snorting guy is dead or what? his memory aid didn't help him to memorize this ... :(

seriously, what else you guys can tell about this stuff? interesting thing about snorting - have anyone else tried this?

17. xiaobendan

xiaobendan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Less is more,

Some forums go on about mega doses for MDMA type experiences etc...thats bullshit. You will actually get more forgetful when you dose it over 150mg a day. I got so diddery when I did 300mg a day for a few days. I felt in good humor and slept well but my memory was shite.

Snorting works, but its not even more potent, oral is the most convenient way and works fine.

I'm a 92kg male, three 30mg doses a day is my sweat spot. Nootropic effects aside, it makes me calmer and less anxious dealing with my social environment. Also, It's a wonder cure for insomnia.

I often used to take melatonin to help me sleep but if I used it more than two days in a row I started to feel real shitty in the mornings. Noopept doesn't cause this, sleep is refreshing, dreams are subtle and mornings are wonderful.

Noopept is not modafinil, it increases your memory and vocab recall etc.. you can compute longer and larger constructs in your head without the need for pen and paper. However it does not increase motivation and focus like modafinil. I find it just puts me in a better humor to get tasks done. You can get dreamy using it and just get lost in your thoughts...I actually like that part.

I live in East Asia and have to communicate every day in Chinese. Noopept has not only increased my ability to communicate in a more complex manner, it has improved the quality of my accent (I sound natural and less like a gressy expat). I don't need to try as hard anymore, I hear it and make sense of it without having to focus so intensely.

Its like the resolution of my senses have been improved. Sound, taste, smell etc all feel clearer and easier to differentiate. The city I live in,has over 15 different dialects and noopept helps you piece together their distortions of standard Chinese and actually make sense of what the local butcher, taxi driver etc are saying.

Before I was only comfortable talking to business people, government people, work colleagues etc because they spoke in putonghua, the way you learn it in a book. However noopept has opened my ear up so much to sound frequencies that my confidence with the local "hua" has shot up.

All in all a great supp.

Don't expect much at first, give it a week or two, it builds up slowly. You do notice differences at first but its really interesting after a couple of weeks. I wash out after 6 weeks and have no trouble with sleep or withdrawals.

I use 3grams of choline everyday with it too.

18. ikcaj

ikcaj Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I am just now trying Noopept and am having a very difficult time finding info regarding the best starting dose for someone already on modafinil. I am currently taking between 200-300mg modafinil a day, aprox. 3-4 days per week for a disorder that causes such extreme fatigue that without the mod, my sleep averages 17-20 hours a day - on the rare days (once a week perhaps) that I am awake for more than five hours, I have terrible brain fog. The modafinil makes all of that go away; however since it is being prescribed off-label my insurance will not cover it and I'm paying over $600 a month that I do not have since I lost my job due to said illness.

I'm eager to try noopept as well as some other supplements in effort to reduce my dose of modafinil. My stack items and questions are in this thread, but as I have not received a response I thought I might try here as well.

Below is a list of what I have. The mgs being based on one pre-fab capsule or tablet. For true accuracy, the modafinil can really only be adjusted by 100mg. The rest in capsules that can be emptied and I do have a cap filler.

Provigil (Cephalon) modafinil - 200mg
    Magnesium L-threonate - 667mg
    L-Tyrosine - 500mg
    Bioperine - 10mg
    DLPA - 375mg
    Noopept - powder form
    Choline Bitartrate - powder form

My current weight is 232, having lost ten pounds in three months and continuing to decline.

I would be very appreciative of any ballpark starting range doses (I believe in starting low) as well as any comments as to if there is something I should NOT be taking in combination with another. Since I will be filling my own capsules, it would also be good to know which items I can or should combine in one capsule

Thank you.

19. Vivid and Driven

Vivid and Driven Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.
    Noopept has made me a better basketball player. Here is what I've noticed:

I've been taking 30mg Noopept before playing (5on5) basketball for the last couple weeks. I've done this 6 times so far. I'm certain it has improved my decision making on the court, my precision with passing and shooting, and just the way I see the court. I've been seeing passing lanes that I don't normally see. When I shoot the ball, I feel in great control of my release points, and am more able to repeat the shooting motion. Anyone who plays basketball knows that repeating the shooting motion is a huge deal for success.

This is different than just boosted confidence. It feels like noopept is working subconsciously at a high level to improve my athletic-mental-cognition. There are decisions on the basketball court that have to be made so quickly, you don't have time to truly think about them. Noopept seems to help with these decisions. (Pass or Lay-up on a fast-break, when to go for the steal, staying down on pump fakes, judging the ball flight for a rebound, etc)

Of course, correlation doesn't imply causation. Maybe I've just had a good couple weeks of basketball? But I've been hitting shots and making passes that instantly surprise me with how easily and natural they felt afterwards. Please know, Noopept didn't make me shoot 100% from the field or never turn the ball over, but the improvement in my game has been definitely noticeable.

I haven't read much about Noopept regarding athletic performance so I figured I'd share what I've noticed so far. Once the weather gets better I'm gonna try it out with Golf and Softball and see if there's any benefits there.

20. lntense

lntense Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hashing up an old thread. But better than creating a new one.

Does anyone have any experience with taking 20mg adderall XR with Nooept?