Opinions - Nootropics to Aid Studying

Discussion in 'Nootropics' started by fakeblood, Apr 12, 2005.

1. fakeblood

fakeblood Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have a bunch of exams coming up. Unless I do something to enhance my concentration and learning skills, I will fail every one of them.

Does anyone here have experience with nootropics like Piacetram?

2. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    Adderall is a great aid if you don't feel like going through the
    process of ordering nootrpics on the internet and creating a stack for
    yourself.

Ginkgo Biloba also works well for me and is easy to get.

3. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    piracetam works great,you should try also vasopressin or hydergine.using ginko with stimulants can cause aneurisms

4. sterling77

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    Didn't know that about ginkgo...good to know. I vaguely recall that vasopressin was taken off the market or something?

5. billbryan

billbryan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I know piracetam isn't sold in theUS,but it can easily bebought on the net legally.

6. JP28

JP28 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Piracetam is now sold in the U.S. Google "bulk piracetam" and you'll find more than you will ever need.

7. sterling77

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    Daeron could you explain the mechanics behind ginkgo and stimulants causing aneurisms? Would just like to know

8. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    ginko increases the cerebral circulation,increaces the production of ATP and raises the blood pressure.It is also a great antioxidant.If you use stimulants like adderal,ephedrine or meth(NOT a good idea)with ginko your blood pressure can jump to a very unhealthy and risky level,thus increasing the risk of aneurisms.Now the weird thing is whenever i bought ginko in the western europe,there was no warning on the box about this(dunno about usa),although there were few deaths(mostly older people).

Ive also noticed that my blood pressure goes way up if i drink coffee when i use ginko(but i really drink a lot of coffee,got to cut down)

youre better off using ginko&piracetam,its safer and you need less piracetam for the same results.

PS ginko also increases the circulation in the groin region,so some people use it as a aphrodisiac

PPS using amphs as smart drugs is a very bad idea,IMHO anyway

9. sterling77

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    Makes sense...I gotta get around to ordering some Piracetam

10. truestbet

truestbet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Seems like nootropics wouldhelp your memory for studying, but things like adderall would be betterto help you have a fasterthinking process. Thingsthat require a lot of thinking likemath would be better with adderall, but I haven't tried, only have heard.

The only nootropic i have tried is phenibut, which improved my memory about 175%. I can say that the memory improvement alone has improved some functioning for me, and I would imagine would help studying. Also seems to be the case forpirecetam andaniracetam; which are more popular and are probablybetter.I wish I could have tried these things when Itook exams; things would have been way more easier for me. Funny thing is,I rememberthingsalmost too well on phenibut, and at times it makes me madwhat other people have forgot about. It's worth a try! good luck!

11. powerpenguin

powerpenguin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Try coffee. It might get me kicked off the boards, but hey if you do Meth you;ll have a hell of hangover the next day.

12. betsym

betsym Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have tried stimulants (Adderall) for ADHD while in school and now instead uses Piracetam, Anircetam, Picamilon, and hydergine. She has tried Vasopressin also, in the form of DDAVP, a bedwetting medication, and it did improve her memory but as it raises blood pressure, she wouldn't recommend it for daily use. Swim only tried it a few times just to see. Vasopressin is still available as far as swim knows because she has gotten it since last year. The nootropics do indeed work. Make sure You takes a choline supplement or some lecithin with the Piracetam to prevent the headaches it can cause in higher doeses and good luck with your exams. , In addition to helping memory, Vasopressin also intensifies orgasm.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  13. als5555

als5555 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i had a DDAVP presciption as a kid because i wet the bed until around 7'th grade.it was embarresing at the time but now i have a lot left over and taking it now and then when a project is due or finals are coming up it has helped. i haven't tried anything else because i have the DDAVP, but when i run out, that will be the time.Edited by: als5555

14. psychonautilus

psychonautilus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I take a dose of Piracetam and Lecithin every day, and supplement that
    with Aniracetam and DMAE when I'm studying. Not only does it improve my
    cognitive abilities, but it also improves my mood and even reduces my
    tolerance for some substances slightly (such as alcohol). It takes a
    couple weeks to start feeling the affects, and usually until about 3pm
    after dosing in the morning at ~9am.

Piracetam when taken with Adderall 20mg XR had me tweaking for over 24
    hours. I woke up the next morning, after dosing the first day at around
    3, grinding my teeth and felt the effects well into the day.

15. tinogsx

tinogsx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    a lose dose of Phenibut(500mg) and (500mg) rodiola do the trick for me.There's a product out there made by Ergopharm that is an interesting nootropic stack, it has Phenibut, Alcar, DMAE, and many other nootropics in it. This product is cheap and works extremely well. The trick with these drugs is to start low and work your way up. Too high doses in the beginning just seem to make you confused.

16. tinogsx

tinogsx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    salbutaimine (Arcalion) also is a great nootropic and is a derivative of vitamin B5, this nootropic gives you a lot of energy, and a great desire to complete the mostperplexing tasks. This one is a students best friend, it's to bad i didn't have it available to me when i was in college.

17. pabel_giboon

pabel_giboon Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    113 y/o
    If you are looking for a natural smart drug I think Ginko Biloba is the choice, ist really cheap and has no side efects on your body (if taken on reasonable amounts), only matter is it helps having extraordinary hard-ons, and that could missconcentrate you[​IMG]

take 2 40mg pills int hen middle of the morning and 2 in the middle of the evening.

I work as an illustrator/animator 14 hours a day and ginko has been my lifesaver.

18. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I agree with powerpenguin. Coffee is very nice at getting me motivated. I can drink 2-3 cups of coffee through the day and towards the middle of the day, I get a nice feeling of well being and confidence. Some people say it makes them nervous though. I find at work that coffee makes me work harder, work faster, and be happier doing it. I would say I consume around 400-600 milligrams of caffiene per day, which is around 3-4 cups of coffee. For a cheap stimulent it works great for me.

19. sterling77

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    For younger people, it has bean shown that Huperzine A and Pyritinol are extremely effective, especially when taken together.