Not eating and Marijuana, weight loss?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by narcodipendente, Nov 24, 2006.

1. narcodipendente

narcodipendente Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am always trying to lose weight and for him it is very difficult to not eat while high. However, I recently heard that if one is able to not eat (which he is able to do) while high this will jump start your metabolism and actually help one to lose weight. I was wondering if anyone knew this for a fact? Also, does anyone have any advice on how to overcome the munchies while high? Thanks in advance

2. surf1284

surf1284 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM hopes this is true, and it kinda makes sense so why not?

SWIm doesnt think it matters though because hes trying to do the same thing but his munchies are uncontrollable.

3. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, as I understand it, Cannabis stimulates your appetite by speeding up your metabolism (which would explain the munchies). I think that if You smoked weed and didn't eat then, technically, he should lose weight since his metabolism is working quicker. The question, however is how longer the apetite stimulation's last.

This brings up another interesting idea though. Since, as I understand, marijuana speeds up the metabolism, that if it would actually aid in losing weight. I'm not advocating smoking a fat spliff and then ordering a pizza because you'll metabolize it faster, but perhaps weed could be used in addition to a healthy diet to encourge faster metabolism. Just a thought, anyway.

4. dip

dip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I thought that since marijuana reduces nausea, You will keep eating while already full, and your stomach ache will be reduced?

5. Trebor

Trebor Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from ireland
    Yes, Swm finds that to be true, although becuase Swim often eats prior to smoking it get's the food out faster leaving room for more. Wich is why he and his lady friend eat out alot. They get more bang for their buck.

6. vance

vance Newbie

Reputation Points:
    56 y/o
    I noticed the following after not smoking Marijuana for 20 years and now having began to smoke again. For first 15 sessions had munchies but this has subsequently lessened. I also have noticed I'm not gaining weight nor did I gain any during the 15 intial days of gettng high. It would appear that although I was eating more, I was buring it off due to higher metabollism?

Vance

7. BeetleJuice

BeetleJuice Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    If people want to loose weight just stop eating crap foods and do some exercise.

8. Ice_Cream_Man

Ice_Cream_Man Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Its harder for some, I am not fat but has a few friends that try to lose weight, genuinely try, and they stay the same. Its not as easy as it seems, kinda like a naturally slim guy finds it hard to put on weight if his metabolism is very fast.

9. BeetleJuice

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    "kinda like a naturally slim guy finds it hard to put on weight if his metabolism is very fast"

Ice cream man, good point as i am one of those poor fools.i weigh around 45kg (can never make the 50kg mark) and dont really try to put on weight but it shits me that i cant no matter how much i eat. And i dont do any drugs that are known to keep people all skinny n stuff often. ah well,whatever works i guess.

10. Ice_Cream_Man

Ice_Cream_Man Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well if i could make a suggestion?

Have you ever tried protein shakes? believe it or not they do work, a lot of skinny friends of mine have now got good physiques from drinking protein shakes religiously with every meal. I remember before when they tried to put on weight just by eating, all they'd get was a pot belly yet everything else would stay the same lol.

I don't think im aloud to put on links to certain brands but if you do a little research im sure you can find a weight gain supplement greatly suited for you, DO NOT take the pills however they can be addictive.

Hope i've been of some help.

11. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    Get some snacks that are very high in protein and very low in carbs and fat. Dried/corned beef or beef jerky is the best. Protein satiates your appetite in much fewer calories than carbs. Plus if you're cutting back calories you're going to want to have high protein to ensure that you're not losing muscle mass.

12. Ice_Cream_Man

Ice_Cream_Man Newbie

Reputation Points:

yeah that too lol

13. BeetleJuice

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Iv never really looked into them, ill start doing some searches. At most ild wanna get to around 55\60kg, as im about 6.5 tallness, im sure u can tell a skinny tallish dude looks kinda weird.

thanks for the advice,

As for the MJ with weight loss cant help much since its never really crossed my mind,tho seems reasonable

14. Masa

Masa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    dude your 55kg and 6'5" ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

15. thealmassi1

thealmassi1 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    lol 55kg lol
    I'm 6"0 and 77Kg (170lb) and I thought I was skinny - well, compared to my teammates.

DRINK DIET PEPSI! lol It works. SWIM drank gallons of that during the summer when he used to smoke endlessly all day/night. It stopped him from ransacking the fridge and tastes so good when I am high, but MUST be cold. (Diet Coke on the other hand has a different, inferior taste that SWIM can only tolerate when desperate...)
    Other drinks can control the munchies also, but make sure to not ingest too much sugar as they tend to dump pounds of the unhealthy substance in North American beverages.

Ice cream is ecstasy in the mouth when high. It's by far the best food for stoners around the world hehe

16. Masa

Masa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    what are the best tips for munchies ? since x-mas I have been getting hit hard by them and is starting to bulk up a bit he thinks : (

17. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    Eat...

18. Masa

Masa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    dont work man I could eat till his belly explodes needs to be somthing that takes the hunger away with very few cals