not enough info on uk products

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by monthehoops, Feb 6, 2007.

1. monthehoops

monthehoops Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i know this question has been asked a lot as ive searched the forum top to bottom,but im going to ask it again as no one is ever had a straight answer.my pal I has googled it he has searched every main hardware store in the uk yet swim still cant find a relyable sorce for naptha.swim told me that painting,woodcare and finishing products dont say on the bottle/tub what the contents are,infact the only thing he could find that contains naptha is turpentine but how much is in it and what else....also I noticed that even thow he can find lots of types of lighter fuel the contents are not marked on the can.I say hes gonna get a tub of it anyway just to see if he can evaporate it and if anything is left over.would this be an indication of clean extractable naptha...

2. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Zippo Fluid. Thats what I use because he really couln't find anything here at homebase.

Lots of products out stickers over the actual contents to stop people looking for naptha in the shops. The Zippo Fluid I had for example had a sticker saying flamable, under the sticker was the contents: Naptha. Nothing more, nothing less.

Make sure its the proper Zippo fluid. Its more expensive but if you really want it thats where it can be found.

3. monthehoops

monthehoops Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks,I said he will go back on the hunt for this product.price is of no concern when it comes to making swims magic.

4. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Behlen (wood care and finishing) produce Naphtha. It is readily available in high street hardware stores in the UK.

5. monthehoops

monthehoops Newbie

Reputation Points:
    swim tryed all highstreet hardware shops and none of them sell behlen products.they do sell woodcare and finishing products thow.only problem is none of them are pure naptha ther all mixed with chemicals swims never heard of.on the other hand you can order behlen products,but apparently thers a delay when you want naptha(wonder why).other swims say zippo fuel works thats the rute I will go down i think.

6. Bluetow

Bluetow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    Maybe White Spirit? b&q brush cleaner (toluene and hexane)? Homebase also has a naptha brushcleaner.Cant think for the life of me but I went somewhere that had a product with just hexane too..
    All these cheaper than zippo lighter fluid but I amnt sure of the usefulness of said products. Could You advise?

7. digitalhardcore

digitalhardcore Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM purchased some Perma Fluid - Petrol Lighter Refil which says its made by Ronson International. I have read elsewhere on forums that Ronson lighter fluid is naptha but wonders about this particular "perma fluid..." product and wether any You can confirm its naptha. I have been on the lookout for zippo fluid for a while and it seems if this stuff isn't naptha he will have to order online (which I dont like doing).

Also is there a place where u can look up what chems are in brand name products or is this jst wishful thinking?