Dose - Not feeling the vicodin

Discussion in 'Hydrocodone' started by 2ill4brasil, Jun 9, 2005.

1. 2ill4brasil

2ill4brasil Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    There's already a related thread but my question is more specific so I created a new one

For those who have triedhydrocodone before, what's a good dose for ingesting and for snorting (for recreational use of course)?

I have hydrocodone/acetaminophen (5mg). I've taken 2 pills on an empty stomach and really didn't feel shit. Just got sorta drowsy, but not even that drowsy; I was able to stay awake and do stuff and go to sleep when I felt like it.

I also snorted about half a pill, which I won't do again bc I'm figuring I'm barely getting any, and I don't wanna be snorting ounces of the shit. But anyway it didn't do anything either (after taking the 2 pills on an empty stomach).

Also, I smoke marijuana pretty much everyday. Would this build some kind of tolerance for vicodin (related neurotransmittersinvolved or something?)?

thanks!Edited by: 2ill4brasil

2. chico

chico Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o
    2 vicodins have never done much for me unless I'm combining with something else (alcohol). 3 gives me nice effects but again, I always drink while taking Vicodin.

Did you try having some beers or something first? I would get a nice buzz going from some alcohol and then take 2-3. This would, IMO, yield nice results.

Oh, and about the street prices, I think that is against forum rules so I wouldn't count on receiving any feedback on that one.

3. 2ill4brasil

2ill4brasil Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    cool I guess I'll give 3 or 4 a try sometime before I get rid of the stuff

thanks

4. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Vic's are fairly weak. Do you have experience with other opiates? They're certainly better than codeine, but really nothing compared to oxycodone (Oxycontin/Percocets). Could be you just want a stronger opiate, trouble is they're very hard to get ahold of (for obvious reasons).

If you have little/no experience with opiates, give it some time and dosing for a few days to get used to the buzz. Sometimes drowsiness is the most prominent effect at first, and you get the other stuff (euphoria & such) later after your body adjusts a little. Or maybe opiates are just not for you... it's always possible. My brother gets nothing but dizziness and a sick stomach no matter what the opiate.Edited by: Nicaine

5. Tavz

Tavz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I started out with 30mg Hydrocodone (3 10/650 pills) and found it to be a good starting point. However I wouldnt snort them, they contain way to much Acetaminophen, which at high doses is bad for your liver. Either do the water extraction or chew them up.

6. 2ill4brasil

2ill4brasil Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    So I had 4 pills on an empty stomach last night, didn't do much cept make me kinda groggy, which faded away after about 45 minutes. I just got rid of it, guess this stuff's not for me

thanks for the input tho

7. chico

chico Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o

You didn't get nauseous? Wow! Did you drink anything?

Yes, they're probably not for you. Remember, if you do drink with them, DO NOT take anymore than 4...this is extremely toxic to your liver and not advisable. 4 is the cutoff for me while drinking alcohol.

8. picpic

picpic Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Where did you get thenumber 4 from? You shouldn't drink at all with them because Tylenol is bad enoughfor your liver by itself.

9. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    every pill you take probly has 500mg of acetaminaphin. I personally need alot of hydrocodone to get a good buzz, around 40+, and i am not a regular opiate user at all. remember with opiates everyone is diffrent and everyone has diffrent tolerances, opiate users or not. If you want to take alot i would recomend doing a cold water extraction on them to loose the Tylenol and keep the Hydrocodone.

Cold water extraction

The purpose of this experiment is to extract an opiate/opioid substance from combination tablets.

The cold water method presented below relies on fact that opiates are generally very soluble in cold water, while paracetamol, aspirin, and ibuprofen are only very slightly soluble.

Note: Pseudoephedrine and caffeine are relatively soluble in water, and will be present in the final product.

Don't use dispersible tablets because it's very hard to extract secondary substances from them.

Coffee filtersEquipment needed:

* Minimum two glasses or cups
    * Paper filters (unbleached coffee filters will do)
    * Measure glass

The term secondary substance refers to paracetamol, aspirin or ibuprofen.

Procedure:

1. Crush thoroughly the tablets and carefully dissolve in cold (ca 20° C) water. Use approximately 2ml of water per 1 tablet, eg 100ml of water for 50 tablets. You may add more water if you can't dissolve the tablets easily. If you want to evaporate the liquid, it's better to use distilled water instead of tap water.

Warning: Boiling and hot water may destroy codeine.

2. Cool the solution down to approximately 5° C (41° F) stirring occasionally. Very low temperatures make the secondary substances even less soluble.

3. Leave the solution in a cool place for about 20 minutes to let the secondary substances settle on the bottom of the container.

4. Wet the filter(s) with very cold water to prevent it from absorbing the solution and put it in the glass. Stick an elastic/rubber band around the container to keep the filter in place.

5. Coffee filterPour the solution through the filter to filter out the secondary substance from codeine.

6. Discard used filters with secondary substance solids left.

Note: Even if you think you have eliminated the secondary substances from the liquid, don't attempt to ingest the product (it is illegal to do so if you don't have appropriate doctor's prescription).

If you want to minimise the amount of secondary substance, you can attempt to evaporate some liquid and repeat the filtering.

This extraction will work on many diffrent opiates, not just codeine or hydrocodone.Edited by: Mike177

10. tina2

tina2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The usualdisage for an adult is (for the 500 mg/5 mg tablet) is one or two tablets in every four to six hours as needed for pain. However, the total 24 hourdose should not exceed 8 tablets.

11. als5555

als5555 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    the 8 pill limit is the government pharmacy warning level. just like the one for dxm is around 100 mg's in a day. but due to the acetominophin it isn't good to go over 1-2 grams over 4, which is the warning limit. i have done 16 over a day and i was alright. i read somewhere when researching acetominophin that around 12 grams in a day is the range that can cause perminent liver damage. a good dose of hc is between 5 and 8 pills. this dose always satisfies me. grind up the pills and mix the powder iwth orange juice and it kicks in amazingly quickly.

12. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    i dont really fuck with snorting vikes. i crushed up a 5mg one once,
    made it into lines. it made 14 huge lines. they did not taste good like
    coke, they tasted like aspirin by the end of snorting that single pill
    my nose was all runny and fucked and i had this medicine flavored drip.
    i just ate the rest of them. not worth it in my opinion. i dont feel 2
    unless im stoned and drunk as well. i find 20mg to be a good number,
    but i genreally combine it with weed at least and alcohol sometimes. a
    few days ago i did 6 combined with nothing else and i puked, but before
    i puked it was great. i might try and do some kind of extraction so i
    can do more next time without dying from the acetaminophen. i dont
    wanna fuck with taking more than 4 grams of that.

PS: for the moderators. this should probably be in the opiates forum.

Edited by: polloloco001

13. tina2

tina2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    No idea about the dosage. Moreover, Dosage is a serious issue. Why don't you consult your doctor regarding that?