1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Not sure what happen....help

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by Adam beast, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Adam beast

Adam beast Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from Maryland, United States
    Ok maybe someone can help me out and tell me what happen or I did wrong had about a half ball of bad crystal cooked it down with heet put in small glass dish put in frig until cooled added cold undried acetone dried that off closes I got was formed soft crystals went to scrap them off and it turned to powder

2. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    And?

What is your question?

3. Adam beast

Adam beast Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from Maryland, United States
    Did I do something wrong or was it just t cut that bad that it is just trash because now it won't turn back to shards

4. Scrofula

Scrofula Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o from California
    What were you expecting to see? A sheet of pure glass like an alpine lake?

I'm not sure what it is you did, but I saw your end result was a powder. That at least meets expectations.

If you could explain what you did, clearly and with punctuation, we might know if you did something wrong.

5. RockytheRock

RockytheRock Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Yeah exactly what the other two said. If you want a detailed explanation on what happened. Start from the start, give us a description of what you did (as much detail as possible). Step by step from the very start to now, and add pictures if you can.

Also try to make it easy to read so whoever can answer it, ensure's they can make it to the end without getting bored and clicking on another thread.

6. TJ Server

TJ Server Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from District of Columbia, United States
    Ok, this is his wife, the one who did the recrystallization. So, we had a half a ball of shit that was cut to shit (roughly 75% cut to 25% good) with White Mountain brand Epsom Salts. Found this out thru LOTS off research. Anyway, i picked thru all the crystals separating good from bad until I had roughly a 1/2g of powder and granules left. I took the remainder, but it in a small frying pan, put equal parts of HEET (Methanol). Warmed to boil, and cooked off completely and ran thru a coffee filter into a Pyrex ramakin. Put ranakin in fridge to speed chill. Added 7-10 drops cold(freezer stored) dry tone. Instantly started to crystallize. Wrapped a coffee filter around the top of ramakin and left in fridge over night. It crystallized but as soon as I went to scrape them out, poof they powderized instantly. I repeated this process once a day for three days. Our question is, A.) Why r the crystals not staying hard and B.) WTF did I do wrong in this procedure. If this is not clear enough for u, then idfk what to tell y'all. Seeing how I understood his post fully.

7. titaniumhunter

titaniumhunter Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Tj ....i worked in various research labs for over 3 decades [Microbiology, Virology ^& Medical]....I thought heat was misspelled, I certainly did not know HEET was methanol. And i've used many boatloads of methanol. You and your neighbors may understand what he wrote but people in this forum are from all over the world.

8. Scrofula

Scrofula Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o from California
    Well ma'am, "idfk" what to tell you either, except that HEET isn't just methanol (I thought it was misspelled too), it's gas-line antifreeze that's maybe mostly methanol. I think they don't have to tell you what the special additives are, but it's not something I'd want to soak my dope in.

And be patient with us if you want your questions answered, there are hundreds of these protocols out there, we do not know which one you used. So you had less than 2 grams of presumably methamphetamine that you knew was cut with Epsom salts, down to the brand somehow. You picked those out until you had a half gram. Then you dissolved in gas-line antifreeze, "cooked that off completely", which would leave . . . what should be still a half gram of "powder and granules" only now coated with HEET residues.

I say "should be" because you lost me. How do you run that through a coffee filter?

Epsom salts aren't toxic and won't melt in a bubbler (might give off steam). They won't dissolve in acetone, barely dissolve in methanol. Handpicking might be easiest.