Experiences - Not too young for LSD

Discussion in 'LSD' started by suninmy_MOUTH, Oct 5, 2006.

1. suninmy_MOUTH

suninmy_MOUTH Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That post by You is closed, but SWIM wanted to put his two cents in. Hope this is not bad form in the forum... still a newbie here though. So, I tripped for his first time at 13. Not only was it some of the strongest stuff he would ever get compared to future trips, but he did it with a friend after school. On a weekday!! :crazy Crazy I know. SWIM and his friend thought it would be over after a few hours and then everything would be ok. HAha, those yellow blotters! Also I took two b/c that's what the dude who sold it said to do. Total asshole in retrospect! Good thing that there are forums like this where one can seek the advice of elders nowadays.

Just to finish the little story though, SWIM and his friend freaked out and tried to call my mom saying he wanted to stay over there. Managed to do that ok, but then said they were going to sleep the my friend's Dad. At like 4:30 in the afternoon. Had the music on... Hendrix and for some reason the CD was skipping right when in 'Hey Joe'... he says "I shot her...." kept doing that over and over. We were out of our minds! Not to mention intense visuals going on! Not long after, the Dad came to see what the hell was going on. Basically figured out we were on something, and SWIM's friend got a big smack across the face, then SWIM's friend's Dad called my Mom and told her to pick her son up! Was tripping balls at that point, but Mom was cool about it! Didn't really talk, and just let me hang out in the reck room to relax. Did say though that if I did it again, there would be hell to pay. Well, I did it about 30 more times over the next few years. Moved on to other drugs around 16-17, and now never comes across the stuff. Different circles SWIM assumes.

Wait wait, there is a point to all this. Although if You checks the other forums, You might understand why I am rambling at high speeds now. :cool:

So SWIM wanted to say that he doesn't think You is too young to do LSD. If You has already done other drugs, like You mentioned he had, You appears to be the curious type... at least in the case of drugs. However, yous raising doubts about doing it, asking for advice, shows someone who is also mature enough to understand consequences of action, and not blindly doing whatever others are doing. I wasnt so careful at that age, but SWIM think it was a good thing to experiment with all sorts of drugs at a young age. For some, it gets the curiosity out of their system, and by the time high school is over, You knows what he likes and doesn't, and choose a little more wisely what to do. Or even more wisely would be to not do anything at all! But that's not so easy if curiosity is coupled with an addictive personality. Plus, if You did get caught doing LSD or another drug before 18, by the cops or otherwise, it You will usually be lectured and then let go. When You becomes an adult, there are things at risk, i.e., family, job, etc. and cops are less likely, in my localized experience to be so easy going.

So I say do it with a friend or two. And if they are willing, one additional friend who doesn't do it, just to manage the situation in case of a freak out, or an adult needs to be spoken with. But not tripping and watching over people who are can be fun for a while, but impossible to relate with and hence lame after a couple hours. Get in a nice enviroment, with plenty of things to goof around with. Good music, some odd movies that would only be good on acid, and make sure You have a buffer zone of a few hours longer than you expect the trip to last where you are at. Best trip ever was at a friend's furnished basement, parents gone for the weekend, and a big forest just past the back yard for crazy little excursions. I found it so exciting but had deep paranoia about going outside while tripping. Feared people would see him and know instantly. Yet the woods were usually empty and full of things to get SWIM tripping out. Oh, and also in the basement were six old TVs, stacked like a pyramid, all hooked into one VCR with a little gizmo made in electronics class, and I had this great video by The Orb. Everything in sequence with a non-stop mix about 60 min. I am sure there are better visual aids today, but get something You thinks would be nice if the room started melting...!! Well, not exactly, but You will see what SWIM means.

SWIM kinda doubts anyone will read this far, but thanks if You did. And for that specific you, since You already did shrooms, it's really not that big a difference. I am sure purists and big time shroomers and acid hears will totally disagree, but You has laid the ground work for what LSD would be like. If You thought that was fun, go ahead a put a tab on your tongue and enjoy!

Shit I am coming down now from his coke... need to write... fading... need for more coke... rising... but gonna save the rest for the weekend. Or at least try!:D

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    As long as one's over 18 of course.

Personally I think 13 is way too young to be taking LSD. you's story and the chaos involved reflects that. Perhaps it isn't so much about being able to handle it physically or mentally, although that is a factor too no doubt, it's the parental ramifications that cause the problem.

3. Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I can see Sunniny's point in that youngsters under 18 are not as likely to be held accountable if caught.

But I still think it's inappropriate, especially as a 13 year old's brain is still developing. It's especially inapproprite for an adult to give someone underage (certainly under 16) drugs in my opinion because they should be in a position of trust.

It's a similar sort of thing when sex is involved, I feel.

4. suninmy_MOUTH

suninmy_MOUTH Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I agree with the aim of what You is saying, well, understand the sense of it. I was trying to say in that roundabout reply, that the factors You mentions... physical/mental/parental are different for all, and only You could decide if he is ready. I know some ppl who were quite (holy fuck, SWIM stop ed typing at this point for about 5 min now... what the hell is that word when someone acts like an adult at a very young age? too much coke on the brain now, ugh!) for their age, who were more comfortable hanging out with people in their late teens early 20s. I was not at all like that, a total immature child up to his early 20s. Which most likely added to a number of freak outs on acid, and if his constitution were different, like that of the aforementioned type, maybe he would have managed himself better. Age seems to be relative as are parents. You would know best if worst case scenario parents found out. If it is off to military school, then maybe waiting till one is out of the house would be apt, if not much else than a stern lecture, might be worth the risk.

Hmm, I do see another point, perhaps the main point of discouraging usage before 18. When I was an early teenager, I didnt feel that young, but seeing kids around now that are that age, do really seem to be.. well just kids. SWIM supposes it would be best not to encourage someone that young to do any kind of drugs. Looking back though, is was that childish, care-free attitude that made LSD, shrooms, etc, doable. Now I dont think he would enjoy such a long state of impairment. So if I didnt do it then, he might never have done it at all. Up to You is that is better or not.

True, true! Esp with this US senator Foley business, and the recent school attacks, makes you realize that kids are still vulnerable and do perhaps need a certain amount of protection.

SWIM still thinks though, in his own case at least, that he is a different and better person, than before he started doing all types of drugs, and was able at a young age to go against the protection of adults... and be a little crazy. For SWIM, that was what growing up was about and aided in developing his mind in a certain way. The way that he is today, and he wouldn't have it any other way!

Ok, time to get a little shut-eye. Apologies if my way of thinking is more reprehensible than it seems to him. Not intended to be a harmful post, just honest.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2006