Nutmeg+Alcohol....

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by Jimmeh, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    So 2 nights ago I turned up at a party pretty drunk(had drank about 200-250 mls of 40% vodka and I have low tolerance), was having fun and happened to open a press in the kitchen containing herbs. A label on a container jumped out at me, "Nutmeg". So I took it out poured a small amount onto my hand and tried a bit, it didn't taste great, but being drunk I didn't care. I ate about 2 teaspoonfuls of it and some friends took some as well(they're gonna kill me the next time they see me :p ). I didn't really notice it affecting me much due to being drunk, however I don't remember the effects of the alcohol diminishing at all, so I'm guessing the nutmeg either prolonged the alcohol or affected me in a way I couldn't distinguish from alcohol at the time, I think it might have had a slight euphoric effect though. It was the next morning when really I noticed the affects of Nutmeg...

I had arrived at the party at about 9:30 having drank the alcohol fairly quickly at about 8:45. I took the nutmeg at around 10:00, left the party at 1:00 and was in bed by 2.
    I woke up at 7:30 to take a piss, and I was like, "shit, I'm still wasted!". But it was sort of different to being drunk, like I was mentally more alert than being drunk, but I was far more sedated/tired than I would be on alcohol. Speech was a little slurred, eyes were a little bloodshot, stomach was turning, nausea came on in waves for the rest of the day, although I didn't vomit once.

I was in that state of sedation for the rest of the day, wore off very slowly, wasn't a nice "high", lasted far too long.

I would advise against the use of nutmeg. If you're curious go ahead and try a low dose, nothing drastically bad will happen, just expect a REALLY shitty day the following day.

2. Senor Gribson

Senor Gribson Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    just sounds like a hangover to me...

3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Nah, this was different, extreme sedation, sure I had a hangover too, which made it worse, but not just a hangover.

4. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    yeah nutmeg takes 4-5 hours to kick in, the trip is 8 hours long and it's followed by after effects that might last 24h (after effects I get from it: I feel relaxed and happy for the all next day, a bit tired but my mind is competely at rest. This is probably the best part of nutmeg effects as the trip itself is uncomfortable and poorly interesting)

Tags: