Occupying oneself during a DMT trip

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by zera, Nov 28, 2006.

1. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    If one was to hypothetically commit the very illegal crime of consumption of DMT, what would such a dastardly criminal find fun or enlightening to do in that time period. Would such a socially unstable degenerate enjoy lining up 30-40 minutes of trippy music on iTunes turning on the visualizer and just let the thing run while he blasted off into space? What kind of music is enjoyed by this criminal element while in this condition, I'm thinking those treasanous, terrorist-supporting, dogs might like some Reggae or Psychedelic rock.

What are some of the rumors you've heard of people doing on DMT? It would seem like the bastards would be too incapacitated to really do anything else, how about trip toys? Will such a misfit be lost too far in the depths of Communist sponsored delerium to enjoy cartoons or any other type of humor?

Thanks for all the responses, I'm just trying to get further inside the criminal mind so that I can support any suspicious activity to the Department of Homeland Security and/or Pat Robertson.

2. thinkcooper

thinkcooper Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have found that any music he starts playing as he embarks disappears completely and can't be heard until about ten minutes into the voyage. The style of music seems irrelevant until after that point, at which he is usually glad when it's fun and upbeat. I am also a fan of trippy music player visualizations, but he rarely has noticed these until he comes out of the woods.

I have on several occassions found that technology and the noises associated with it impart an edge into the voyage that can be too intrusive at times. Note that the images on a monitor can be alien and unpredictable, and sometimes far less interesting than the small dwarf-like child that just walked past you.

I have observed that lighter dosages seem to be less interupted by technology.

3. Neosapien

Neosapien Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have found music to be helpful - particularly East Indian of Mideastern stuff. Songs with recognizable words in the vocals are annoying as the mind gets bogged down in trying to interpret the words that suddenly don't mean anything. The best computer visualizer is laughable compared to what one sees if they just close their eyes - or even if they don't if the dose is right.
    Don't worry, you won't get bored. Sitting up will be an accomplishment.

4. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would say that occupying one's self on a DMT trip is not a problem whatsoever. Mood music may help set atmosphere, but it will be forgotten quite soon after ingesting the substance.

A better question would be to ask, "what can I do make myself LESS mentally occupied during a DMT trip?"

In case you actually wanted to know the answer to that question as well, don't bother. There really isn't anything you can do but release yourself into the trip.

DMT is not a substance for people who want to play around. You can get some recreational use out of it looking at the colours and cool visuals if you can somehow consistently resist plunging through, but it is a very serious drug that has quite profound and unnerving effects that you should expect to happen so you aren't completely taken off guard.

5. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    Ah interesting. Thanks for the responses. Swim's experience with psychedelics has always been that what one does during the trip has a huge effect on how enjoyable it is, even with salvia I find that his general surronding and what's going on the background imparts a lot of differences into the trip. But I guess DMT is just so powerful that that doesn't even matter. Swim can definetely imagine what swin means by music with lyrics in it. I would just like to make sure that he has all the proper catalysts for a great experience.

I guess swim well really focus on releasing himself during the trip, as he's normally a left brain person and his mind just naturally resists the pull of psychedelics. Again thanks for the replies.

6. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Good luck to swiy, and do tell us how the trip went.

7. Neosapien

Neosapien Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My favorite DMTripping CD is "The Hot Spot".
    Miles Davis and John Lee Hooker.