OCD and E (rephrased)

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by red_ran_amber, Sep 15, 2005.

1. red_ran_amber

red_ran_amber Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hey,

Are there any potential negative reactions, either psychological or physical that may ariseif a person that suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder and OCD related depression takes ecstasy?I know thatmostpeople on this board arenttrained psychiatrists or chemists (you may be), but Im just asking ifmore expereinced users could or could not say whether this would be a major red flag...iknow this isnt really coherent but i hope you get the message.

red_ran_amber

Edited by: red_ran_amber

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    This site does NOT recommend that anyone take anything in violation of laws. I know of no direct studies with OCD and MDMA.

3. Nnizzle

Nnizzle Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from earth
    Is there any other creature with OCD who has had an MDMA experience? This is an unexplored area of science as far as noone can tell, the only literature he found concerned the development of OCD as a result of heavy MDMA abuse.

4. TK_421

TK_421 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Someone down the pub was saying his ex-partner considered them-self OCD, though I don't think it was officially diagnosed. I don't think they were diagnosed. The ex was fastidious and a bit 'Monica Geller' about things in the apartment ie a place for everything and everything in its place.

The first time they dropped an E together they were alone in the apartment he put some music on and danced in the living room. His ex spent the first couple of hours doing things like;

• Getting the fluff out of the carpet in the corners of the room
    • Dusting
    • Make sure all ornaments, cigarette packets, glasses, remote controls were symmetrical and square to corners
    • Cleaning the insides of waste paper baskets
    • Sorting the DVDs into alphabetical order
    • Making sure each disk was the right way up in its case
    • Making sure glasses were in the middle of the coasters

The ex seemed to be on a massive mission, and the guy said it was difficult to roll and not touch anything without causing distress. Soon after the second drop it became easier to distract his ex with random chats, physical contact and other stimuli. He found getting the cleaning materials put away was a bit difficult, but compromised in suggesting they just have a fresh roll of kitchen towels to hand should the urge come back.

But I'm not sure about the compatibility of the condition OCD with E. My cousin is OCD (talking about him was how I got onto the subject above). He doesn't do any drugs, to my knowledge. For him his routines are a sort of security blanket. If he is stressed or anxious he gets worse and the routines become less rational. So I think if someone with OCD drops a pill I think it would depend on their state of mind, like anyone else. If you got shit in your head that will bite you on the ass when you let your guard down it could increase the chances of it biting, and biting harder!

FYI I am not a psychiatric professional, but I do have a mind and I try to look after it ;)

5. Cjoshea

Cjoshea Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have severe OCD and have suffered from this illness for a large chunk of my life. I have recently started to use MDMA and from what I can tell so far I never have any bad side affects. If anything I feel a lot more farm in myself for the next few days. I wouldn't regularly use anyway but every now and then I do and if anything I feel better for doing so. I am not addicted to the drug or do I depend on it I just feel very relaxed and have no worries the next day/s