1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Combinations - Oneirogenic drugs

Discussion in 'Drug combinations' started by Hyperreal, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Hyperreal

Hyperreal Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Does anyone else here takesupplements to enhance their dreams? Every night, before going to bed, I take:

200mg vitamin B6

20mcg vitamin B12

225mg DMAE (II-dimethylaminoethanol)400mg valerian root extract (4X)

I'd recommend this to you all; they really work. Choline and melatonin also work well.

2. lokisprophet

lokisprophet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i take melatonin and i smoke calea zacatechi (spelling is
    messed) also i smoke a herbal mixture with many dream herbs,
    manly mugwort witha little bit of dried amanita. not every night
    though it isn't always what i would call restful sleep.

3. lokisprophet

lokisprophet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    what are these what do they do? do you have OBE's ever or lucid dream

or do they just let you dream cool dreams

Edited by: lokisprophet

4. Hyperreal

Hyperreal Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Both of those are precursors to acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that haas been called 'the stuff that dreams are made of'.

If you're attempting lucid dreaming, these will make it easier, because your dreams will be more intense, so you'll be more likely to 'notice them', but they don't cause lucid dreaming themselves.

5. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    I notice that when I just take a multivitamin high in b vitamins right before bed that enhances sleep and dreams. I've done valerian with that too, but valerian seems to leave me with a really groggy feeling when I wake up.

6. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    3 mg melatonin 1 hour before bed time makes for some nice, vivid dreams.

5-HTP on the other hand tends to make sleep shallow and makes me thrash like a fish in my sleep, almost bounced the wife off the bed.

7. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    That's strange 5-HTP is supposed to help sleep. And you got me thinking...do fish sleep? I mean what would they do, just lie down on the bottom?

8. korky8097

korky8097 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    hyperreal, where do you get that stuff? THe DMAE i mean.

9. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    well, i have the definitive answer, although i had to ask around.

fish do indeed sleep.

now, 5-HTP helps induce sleep, bu once i am there its like that dog thats asleep and keeps moving its legs.

now, if you like DMAE, try centrophenoxine (Lucidril), its a superior cholinergic precursor.Edited by: nanobrain

10. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Anything that increases serotonin levels should give you more intense dreams, right? It's what I have experienced with an SSRI.

11. chico

chico Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o
    Should these "enhancements" be taken on an empty stomach in order to yield best results? Often, I eat right before going to bed.

12. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i have tried large amounts of valerian with litle effect, so i am interested in the aforementioned calea zacatechichi. does anyone know whether it mixes well with opiates?

13. Hyperreal

Hyperreal Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Hmmm... I'm not sure about that. The main thing is to maximize acetylcholine levels, but possibly serotonin plays a part as well.

Ideally, yes, but it's not essential.

Health food stores sell it, but I've found that they're often out of stock. I've actually stopped using DMAE, because choline is cheaper and more easily come by, although this centrophenoxine nanobrain mentioned sounds interesting. It's a compound of DMAE and another chemical called parachlorophenoxyacetate.

14. pabel_giboon

pabel_giboon Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    112 y/o
    I understand the concern of the forum is if a drug can be taken to increase amount and quality of dreams. And risking toleave the subject wonder: since dreaming is a process of the subconcuiousness, WouldnĀ“t something like repeating a "mantra"calling for dreams work even better, since this process goes directly into subconcient???<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

anyway the process could take longer, maybe a few days, but I have personally achieved excellent results with this one.

15. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Valerian root seems to improve the quality of my sleep-- probably dreams too. Edited by: enquirewithin

16. mescalifornia

mescalifornia Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thats interesting, high choline enhances dreaming, i am thinking about antichlorigenics, and how its related since they are in OTC sleep aids.are they related? any ideas? anyone?