opiate basics - what to include?

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by Forthesevenlakes, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    I am in the process of making an "opiate basics" thread for this forum. There is already an opium basics and an outstanding dosages guide, but I believe that something covering the bases for pharmaceuticals and heroin would assist many members with harm reduction and proper use and dosing. This can contain both new information and merging of existing threads.

What do YOU think should be included?

So far I am thinking it should have...
    - A table of dosages for common opioids
    - A table of bioavailibilities for opiates/opioids and their routes of administration
    - Ways to potentiate opiates/opioids
    - Tips on routes of administration
    - Tips on harm reduction, ways to avoid addiction (physical and mental), and links to the recovery forum for those who wish to reduce or cease their usage

What else do you think should be included? These drugs have the simultaneous fame and infamy of being some of the most useful and destructive drugs for mankind. Here is our chance to become the best resource on the web for information regarding their safe usage and harm reduction. So please add what you'd like to see on this thread.

1. 3/5,
      good idea and intentions
      Oct 15, 2010
  2. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    A link to the opiate chemistry pages would probably make sense.

Also a brief description of each opiate, what the tablets/make of each opiate are commonly known as etc

3. rodent

rodent Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    excellent inputs. This weekend I'll start adding these things and compiling and whatnot. The contraindications are a really good call...such things can get very dangerous very quickly.

Tags: